Chapter 2

You and Me

*Flashback

 Why? Why Jessica wanted Sehun will be close to her? Aren’t them siblings? Weren’t siblings meant to be close. 

 “ Oppa, play with me.” The 10 years old Jessica is pulling 11 years old Sehun’s sleeves. “ Oppa, play with me.” The 11 years old boy did not give any reaction to the girl . He only sit there and continue on his drawing. Ya, Sehun is a genius in drawing. He loves to draw , his drawing always get good response from their relatives. “ Oppa……” Jessica haven’t even finished her sentence and Sehun start to throw away his drawing on the floor and said: “ Can’t you see I am drawing?  Jessica felt happy , why is she happy? Because Sehun is finally talking to her. But her happiness doesn’t last long because what Sehun said next is hurting her so much. Just like a knife stabbing on her pure and kind heart.

“ Can you please go back to your room and lock yourself up? Doesn’t you know that this home doesn’t welcome you?” Sehun’s mum tried to stop Sehun . “ Sehun, you are rude. You are very rude.” Sehun shouted back at her, “ Mum, why did you bring her back to our house. Even Soojung is dead, that doesn’t mean that she can replace her!” Jessica looked up at them, “ Mum , who is Soojung.” Sehun’s mum pulled her back to the room and told Sehun.

Sehun’s mum took out a photo album. “ Look , at her. She is Soojung. My daughter. She died last year because of an accident. 

“ She is really pretty.” She saw one of the photo, it’s taken when Sehun and Soojung play at the beach. “ I hope you don’t mind what Sehun said. He is sometimes hot tempered , but he can be very sweet.” Sehun and Soojung is laughing so happy in the photo, it seems like they have no worry for life.

*Flashback end…

Mum , he maybe really sweet. But that’s only too Soojung. Not me, he never be nice to me, he doesn’t like seeing my face or even talking to me. He talks when he needed to, not because he wanted. No matter how much I try in these years, he never smile at me. He never like me. He hates me.

I doesn’t like the idea of people knew that you are my sister. Only Chanyeol and her sister know that. I don’t want anybody other than them to know our relationshop.” Sehun look at Jessica with his cold eyes, sending shiver to her.

“ I know, I will keep it a secret. Don’t worry.” She tried to smile, showing that she doesn’t mind that he is treating her badly. But, Sehun doesn’t care whether she sometimes feel hurt by his words or actions. After getting the answer he wants, he walk back to his room. Locking the door and look at the photo in his phone. Soojung, I miss you a lot. You are the best sister. No one can ever replace you .

Jessica too walked back to her room . She sat on her bed hugging her knees. She always did this when she felt tired or hurt . The memories of her and Sehun came back to her mind.

“ Oppa, happy birthday . I hope you like the present.” The present is a photo frame of her and Sehun. It’s not like Sehun wanted to take picture with her but their parents force them to,

Sehun didn’t even look at the present and he throw away the present on the floor and he said, “ Don’t think of giving me any present and I will be good to you. Because this will never happen. Don’t waste your time on these things. I won’t like it and I will never accept the present from you .” He doesn’t care that his words are hurting Jessica. Everytime he hurts her, she cried. No matter how Sehun’s parents comfort her or ask her to stop giving Sehun’s present or minding what Sehun said to her. She still care of Sehun, she still felt hurt from what he said .Why ? Why ? Because she is in love with him. Ya, from the 1st time they met, she already felt in love with him. When she was in the orphanage , Sehun once visited the orphanage and bring him out. He likes to play with her. But after the accident, he forget about the girl he once liked to play with, the girls once he cared. For so many times , Jessica wanted to tell her that she is the girl. But, when their parents told her that Sehun was involved in the accident and lost part of his memories. She never wanted to remind him of the past. She scared that even she told him , he will not care.

She took out the photo frame from her drawer and looked at it. If your observe clearly, you will notice there is a photo of them when Sehun visited her in the orphanage. Sadly, Sehun doesn’t even look at it and he threw it away.

I am jealous of your sister, Soojung . She makes you smile, she makes you happy . She makes you sad.  And me will never be the reason you smile , the reason you sad but only the reason you get angry and started to say those hurtful words. Why ? why did you hate me so much. I am not the reason of your sister death. I am adopted and came to your family. That’s all , I didn’t kill your sister. Look at Chanyeol and Taeyeon, I really do hope that you can treat me as your siblings. Because I know that If I told you I love you, you will chase me out of the house. She put the photo frame back to the drawer. She took out the drawing of Sehun, that was when Sehun get angry with her and throw his drawing on the floor. She picked up and kept it. This is the only things I have about you. She kept it secretly as she felt happy at least she have something about him with her.

She wasn’t the poker face Jessica. She needed to be strong, she doesn’t want to get hurt anymore . She get enough of all those hurtful words that left scars in her heart.

*Flashback

“ Appa recovered , so can we send her away?” She heard Sehun’s conversation with her mum.

“ What are you saying, Sehun? I am treating her as my daughter.”

“ You adopted her because dad like this kid and he asked you to. Since dad reovered now, can we send her away. I don’t like her.”

“ But I thought you are fine with her?”

“ It’s just an acting in front of dad.”

She was hurt, so hurt from their conversation. She hope that she didn’t accidentally listen to their conversation. She felt weird that Sehun treated her nicely and she thought that he remembered her. But it was all acting, he still hate her. She walked back to her room silently and cried the whole night.

The next day, Sehun is going to wake her up since their mum asked him to do so. Actually without Sehun notice, he already use to the situation that he wakes her up and walk to school with her. He started it as an acting in front of his dad but he doesn’t hate as much as usual but he still doesn’t like to talk to her much.

“ Why are your eyes so puffy? Did you cried last night?” Sehun asked, he felt weird that the girl in front of him always seems so happy but today she was different. Her eyes were puffy and she seems so sad .

“ It’s ok not to wake me up everyday. You can stop your acting, you can since dad is recovered. So sorry for all these time you are acting nice to me. You must be very tired.”

“ You heard my conversation with mum? He felt shocked.

“ I didn’t mean to heard and I think I need to get out from this house too. Since you wanted to send me away too.” Sehun doesn’t know what to react.