The Battle Between Genders (#2)

( — layout, writing and graphic contest)

 

 

PART I: THE BATTLE BETWEEN GENDERS
 
 
"Give it back! That is not yours! Give me back my chocolate bar!" 6 year old Baekhee yelled to 7 year old Jongin. Both of them were arguing over a chocolate bar and apparently, it was the last one.
 
 
"I found it first! Go cry to your mommy or something!" Jongin shouted back. Somehow, Baekhee got a hold of the chocolate bar and they we're both tugging on the chocolate bar.
 
 
"But I held it first! You basically got it out of my grip!" Baekhee retorted back. Both of them were pulling it too hard that the chocolate got smashed together and it melted.
 
 
"Look at what you've done!" Jongin got the chocolate and smashed it on Baekhee's face.
 
 
"You can have your chocolate back," Jongin turned around and left, leaving the covered chocolatey face of Baekhee.
 
 
"I will get you Kim Jongin, even if its the last thing I do," that was the last vow of Baekhee. She promised to always participate in events that Jongin is participating in and her goal is to only win.
 
 
BAEKHEE's P.O.V
 
10 years later...
 
"What is all the commotion about? Why are we here all outside?" Once I went inside school campus, I saw all of my girl classmates outside grouped together and in the other side was boys.
 
 
"There will be a camping trip. It will be a girl vs boy thing," My friend Minhae who was beside me answered me. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I looked behind me to see Eunsoo and Eunwoo, they are twins by the way.
 
 
"Annyeong unnie!" Both of them chimed together. I laughed and felt another finger tap my shoulder. I saw Jieun and Jia, they are sisters, but they are not twins like Eunsoo and Eunwoo.
 
 
Let me introduce to you my friends one by one. Let's start from the twins. Both of them 
couldn't just stop smiling. Even if you get mad at them, they won't hold a grudge, in fact they will just smile and say, "I won't do it again!" And walk away.
 
 
Minhae is my closest friend. She has been with me since we were in kindergarten and we met the twins at elementary. She is kind and caring, but if she gets mad, I suggest that you need to run to the North Pole before she catches you.
 
 
Jia and Jieun are sisters, but they are the complete opposite of each other. Jia likes animals while Jieun does not. Jieun loves to dance while Jia does not. Jia is the crazy one and Jieun is the hot tempered one. Anger her, she would throw you to the Bermuda Triangle.
 
 
"Yah! Bingoo!" Oh no, only one person calls me that. I looked at my side and see the one and only Kim Jongin with his friends. I still haven't forgave him after what he did.
 
 
"What do you want Kkamjong?" 
 
 
"Aren't you supposed to be here in the boys side Bingoo?" Jongin gave a high-five to all his friends like he is going to win this battle.
 
 
"Why? Miss me already?" I laughed and gave a high-five to my friends too. He crossed the border line, between the Boys and the Girls, and went close to me. I smirked because I know I angered him.
 
 
"Why can't you say anything? Cat got your tongue?" I made a sarcastic comment. Now I could feel everyone watching us. I could feel my head having a hole already.
 
 
"Why you-"
 
 
"Kim Jongin and Seo Baekhee, is there a problem here?" Our principal asked as he went nearer. We have only one principal, but we have two schools. 
 
 
"No sir," we both answered simultaneously. Jongin backed up and went back to his group and I went to mine. I could sense the principal's gaze on me. It was hard for me not to look.
 
 
"Ms. Bae, I suggest you to stop your rivalry between Mr. Kim and maybe be friends like you were before.," he told me. He went closer and closer until he was whispering in my ear.
 
 
"I'm your uncle and I will try my best to get you to be friends with him again," he walked away like the boss he is. Yes, what he said is true, he is my uncle. He was the one who was watching me and that Jongin since we we're little, together with my parents and Jongin's parents.
 
 
"Listen up kids," I sighed and looked up on the stage to see the principal talking. He kept on talking about how he was happy about the schools and some other stuff like that. I really do not know since I am not listening.
 
 
"There will be a camping trip," now this caught my attention.
 
 
"There will be six representatives from each school, six boys and six girls. It won't only be a camping trip, but a competition," I don't like where this is going. It's like he has a plan up his sleeve.
 
 
"I already pick the representatives and it is Kim Jongin! And Seo Baekhee!" There were claps and cheers from my classmates. I am class president in the girls school and one of the smartest people too. Lets just say that Jongin is also.
 
 
"I'm not going up there, I'm not going up there, I'm not-" My classmates pushed me to the stairs and blocked the stairway going down. I could see my uncle, grinning from ear to ear. Oh how, I just want love to punch him in the face.
 
 
"Jongin-sii and Baekhee-sii please tell your members," He pointed at me first. I sighed in the mic and looked for all my friends.
 
 
"I choose Jia and Jieun," In the crowd, Jia was happily dancing while Jieun had a big frown on her face. Don't worry Jieun, I don't like this too.
 
 
"Eunsoo and Eunwoo,"
 
 
"See! I told you she was going to pick us!" Their voices were even louder than me! Those 
two are just too hyperactive.
 
 
"And Minhae," I saw Minhae smile and I knew that she liked it. She was the only one who loves the forestland nature stuff.
 
 
"Okay, Jongin-sii, please tell your members," the principal motioned Jongin this time.
 
 
"I pick Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O and Sehun," Jongin said in the mic while looking in the boys crowd.
 
 
"Hyung! Why did you pick us?!" I guess it was the maknae who shouted? I don't know he has a baby face, but be is really tall and may I add a little cute too. What? He is kinda cute.
 
 
"I need someone to help me vaporize a monster in the camping trip," Jongin looked at me while he was saying it and what is even worse, he said it in the mic and everyone heard it.
 
 
"You son of a-"
 
 
"Okay! I will see the twelve representatives tomorrow at eight o'clock am. Don't be late!" I am glaring daggers at Jongin and he was doing the same. Everyone was already going home and it was me and my friends and Jongin's friends.
 
 
"See you tomorrow, Bingoo," "See you tomorrow, Kkamjong,"
 
 
We said at the same time, but with different nicknames. Oh! Bingoo means that I always zone out and maybe a little stupid at situations. I call Jongin Kkamjong because he has dark skin. 
 
 
And I know that tomorrow will be the underworld for me.

PART II: THE BATTLE BETWEEN GENDERS

"No one told me that we should bring a car!" I heard Jongin shout at the back. The other boys were also protesting that we didn't tell them to bring a car. That's what you get when you're the niece of the principal of the school.

 
 
"Out of the car or shut up? What do you want?" I looked at the rear-view mirror and saw that he was making faces at me. He is such a baby, but it is kind of cute, wait, Baekhee! What are you thinking?! He is a arrogant psychotic monster!
 
 
"We would rather just stay at the car noona," The maknae Sehun, I learned their names awhile ago, answered. There were laughters and some high-fives here and there. Now I regret being the driver.
 
 
"I'm the same age as you!" I turned the wheel as hard as I can and we, I mean they, toppled down on the floor while Jonging was buried under the bags that we brought.
 
 
"Are you guys okay?" I innocently asked. I heard a lot of complaints, but all I can do is laugh. I heard someone laugh and I looked at the back and see Jongin looking at his phone, laughing at something.
 
 
I don't know what is happening, but I think time just stopped. Nothing else can be heard. His laughter was like music in my ears and his smile made my heart just drop. Suddenly, I could see my friends and his friends waving their hands at my face.
 
 
They were pointing at something and I looked where and saw a truck coming towards us. I immediately got the steering wheel and stirred us away from the truck and back in the right lane on the road.
 
 
"You almost killed us!" Jongin yelled at me. Why did I think that his smile was cute? Now he looks like a beast ready to eat me alive, but he won't because he can't and will never ever beat me.
 
 
"At least a bunny didn't show up on the road!" I hollered back at him. We made faces at each other until I heard Jia screamed: 
 
 
"Bunny! Stop the car! There is a bunny on the road!" I looked ahead and really saw a bunny eating a carrot on the road. Can't they eat somewhere safer? I stepped on the break pedal hard and it stopped. Jia immediately went out and got the bunny. She brought it in the car and started petting it.
 
 
"Kyungsoo, what in the world are you doing?" I looked back and saw Jia and Kyungsoo petting it at the same time while making faces. Are they going to make the bunny their baby now? That would be better than another Jia walking around.
 
 
"Just be careful Jia, okay?" She nodded eagerly and went back to brushing the bunny with her fingers. I started the car and I went faster than the speed limit. I was just driving until I heard yell.
 
 
"No! No! No! No! No~ Why did you let that thing go?!" I heard Suho scream. I looked at the mirror and saw them looking out the window. What happened? Why is the window of Jia open?
 
 
"What happened?! I was just peacefully sleeping, listening to SNSD's Gee! Then unexpectedly! I started hearing C-REAL's song No, No, No, No, No!" Jongin proclaimed loudly. Now this so a topic I could about. Kim Jongin, listening to SNSD's Gee! Maybe I could prank him to dance it.
 
 
"Just tell me what happened you buffoons," They all went back to their seats and I calmly awaited who will tell me what occurred. I could hear a sigh in the back.
 
 
"I accidentally pressed the button of the window, so the window opened. Then Jia here-" Kyungsoo directed his finger to Jia in a hateful way. Jia cowered away and his behind Jieun's back.
 
 
"-who was holding the bunny, slipped from her hands and out of the window and the bunny became a flattened pancake," Kyungsoo ended his sentence. I sighed and just focused on the road. 
 
 
"Yo! Bingoo! Let me drive! You drive too slow!" Jongin complained. I rolled my eyes and parked the car. We were already at the area already. He is just too late in realizing. It's because he always sleeps and sleeps and sleeps! We all went out of the car and that's the only time I answered him
 
 
"We're here already, you're too late in asking, but I still won't hand you my car," I patted my car, which made a sound, and looked forward. There, I saw my uncle motioning us to come with his hands. We all ran to him and I think he was counting since he was nodding his head at every one of us.
 
 
"It's just simple mission. You have to get to the top and you will see your prize. Now pair up!" I was about to get Minhae, but she was gotten by Sehun. I see also the others paired up except me and Jongin.
 
 
"Jongin and Baekhee, what are you doing? Go and pair up! The others are already starting!" My uncle smiled before leaving. I looked beside me and saw Jongin with his earphones plugged in his ears.
 
 
"Let's go," I grabbed him by his ear. Not minding if he was complaining. It's his fault that he wasn't listening to the principal and had his earphones plugged in his ears. That is just disrespectful! Even though I want to throw that man in a cliff that is 40, 000 ft. In the air.
 
 
-------
 
 
"I told you it's that way!" "No it's that way!" 
 
 
"We've been going around in circles alright?! Get your head straight Jongin!" I yelled with all my might at Jongin. He could just be SO stupid and it had to be today and he is also my partner. I would rather live with a gorilla than him if I have to.
 
 
"Can you stop calling me Jongin?! Only my friends call me that! And you are obviously not my friend because all we do is fight! Kai! Call me Kai alright?!" 
 
 
"We are friends! It's just that we drifted away from each other! Yes! You're right! The only thing we do is fight, fight, fight! But there were good times when we were best friends!"
 
 
 At lease I still consider you as a friend even though after that incident when we were five," My voice was loud at first, but then it became lower and weaker as I say more.
 
 
I could see his shocked face. I wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes. Yes, I still consider him as a friend, not a frenemy nor an enemy. He was always my friend.
 
 
"Let's just go and find that prize and go home," I went up the mountain without him. I think we were already at the top since it became really cold. The wind was stronger and it became colder each step I take.
 
 
"Here, wear this," Jongin held out his jacket. This also happened before when we were kids. It was so cold and he lent me his jacket. We were at a playground and it was snowing, and the dumb me didn't bring a jacket.
 
 
I gladly accepted it and went to find the prize, but I felt a firm grip on my arm. I looked behind me and saw Jong- I mean Kai holding my arm. It was quiet, but then he spoke up.
 
 
"Let's talk," He said while looking at me. It was already night and I could see the moon in his eyes while the moonlight shone on his face. I always knew he was handsome and is still now.
 
 
"Okay,"

PART III: THE BATTLE BETWEEN GENDERS

We sat under a tree while looking up at the stars. It is a very good view if you ask me. We both sat in silence because no one would talk. I was fidgeting while looking at the stars. Kai seemed to notice it since he started to speak up.

 
 
"Do you remember the time when we were playing at the playground and you forget your jacket? It was really cold back then," Kai laughed at they end. I smiled and tried to think of some other memories that we could remember.
 
 
"How about, when we were going swimming at the beach, you said there was a shark, but then I checked it and it was just a branch!" I laughed while Kai cutely pouted, but smiled at the end.
 
 
"Oh yeah, remember the time when I dressed up as you and you dressed up as me and I went to your school while you went to my school. The teachers were scolding us because of you! Because you still looked like a girl!" This time, Kai toppled over and he was already on the ground, laughing his of.
 
 
"Okay, Fine. How about the time when you snuck out in the middle of the night with your bike and some drunk guys thought you were a girl and I had to call the police! If I wasn't there you should've been by now!" 
 
 
"The time when you were doing your business in the bathroom and you said there were no tissues and you did not know how to wash yourself! So you had to wear your pants without washing!"
 
 
I think he wants to battle. 
 
 
"When you kept farting in class and our classmate had to press the fire emergency button! See! He used the fire emergency button like your fart was fire! Believe me, it burned my eyes!" This time, I was the one laughing while he had that serious face on just looking at me. My laughter died and we were both having a staring contest before Kai decided to bring in another memory.
 
 
"Remember the time when I accidentally kissed you and we didn't tell our parents? That was before we were fighting over the chocolate bar," I started remembering the time when he did that. We we playing in the slide and he was in the end,trying to catch me. I slid down and I bumped into him. We didn't realize that we were kissing already.
 
 
"Yeah, I remember. I remember everything, but the memory that I hated the most is when you put chocolate in my face. It was hard to remove it since it already stuck into my face," I looked beside me to see Kai looking down and not at me. I went near him as in near his face and talked to him.
 
 
"Kai don-"
 
 
"Call me Jongin, okay?" He looked at me while saying that. I regret going near him since he was actually near my face. I swear that both of us had shocked faces on. We didn't move even a single inch away from each other. 
 
 
"I'm glad I kissed you when we were little," Jongin said with that arrogant face of his. I raised my eyebrows which earned a chuckle from him. What is going on with this dude?
 
 
"Because this will be my second time kissing you," Second time? We only kissed one time!
 
 
"What? The first one was an accident and I know we haven't kis-" I was stopped by Jongin's lips on mine. It was just as how I imagined. He had his eyes closed which made me smile, so I closed my eyes too. We stayed like that for a long time before we parted.
 
 
"There goes my second kiss," I told him sarcastically, but honestly, I liked it. I liked it when when he was kissing me. It was just so sweet.
 
 
"Don't tell me you didn't like it? Girls would die to be in your place now, jagiya," Since when was I his jagiya? I don't mind actually mind, but since he called me that might as well do it too.
 
 
"Too bad, you said they were going to die to be in my place right? But they will be dead already before they are going to be in my place, yeobo," I guess he liked it by the smile on his face. We were about to kiss again before someone interrupted us.
 
 
"Finally you guys are together!" Baekhyun, Eunwoo, Eunsoo and Chanyeol went out of their hiding places. All of them had cheerful smiles on before Eunwoo kissed Baekhyun and Eunsoo kissed Chanyeol and more, on the lips.
 
 
"Hold up, since when were you guys were together?" They stopped kissing and looked at us. Four of them shrugged and kissed each other again. Me and Jongin had to cover our eyes since they were doing the 'tongue' thing. And I even thought those twins were innocent.
 
 
"Yah, Yah, Yah! Who said to do PDA?" Suho, Jieun, Jia, and Kyungsoo appeared secretly. I laughed when Suho was scolding them. Sometimes, I think of him as my father or grandfather because he sure acts like one.
 
 
"Don't tell me that Jia is dating Kyungsoo and Jieun is dating Suho?" They sheepishly nodded and I had to lie down on Kai's lap since I was already getting a head ache.
 
 
"When did all of you get together? You guys are really good in keeping secrets. Why didn't you tell me?!" I shouted at them while lying down on Kai's lap. Well they didn't tell me that they were all together and dating eventually.
 
 
"It was your uncle's idea. He said that if you guys are together then we could openly date already," a voice suddenly answered out of the blue. I sat in a sitting position and saw Minhae and Sehun holding hands.
 
 
"Minhae is right Baekhee," Baekyeol and the twins answered simultaneously. I sighed but smiled. I didn't know that they were all together and they had to keep it a secret from me and Jongin.
 
 
 
"But I still can't believe that Jieun and Suho are together. They are both opposites!" Jongin said as he put his hand over my shoulder. All of us were sitting down and looking up at the stars.
 
 
"I didn't know that I have fallen for this angel," Jieun said.
 
 
"And I didn't know that I, too, have fallen for this devil," They both kissed and everyone whined that they couldn't do those too since it was the leaders orders.
 
 
"They said that there was a meteor shower tonight, are we going to stay and watch?" Chanyeol told us. We all gave some positive answers and as if the was a cue, meteors started falling from the sky. They were all like shooting stars.
 
 
"I love you Bingoo," Jongin said as he looked at me. I looked at him and smiled as I went closer.
 
 
"I love you too Kkamjong," and we kissed. I heard everyone cheering before silence covered it. I think they were doing some public affection too. This is the end of our rivalry against each other and I swear that this a is a happy ending for me and also the others.