Chapter 12

Best Absolute Punks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“He came home not too long after you left, his friend’s mother dropped him off, she said he looked ill and should probably rest”

Eunsol listened as Yongguk explained to her what had happened. Yongguk had managed to carry her brother to his room, and had put an ice pack on his head.

“I think it’s a fever.  I gave him some milk and a paracetamol tablet too” he said, as he pursed his lip in worry. He had never been in a more panicking situation, this felt way worse than when Zelo had got ill at the funfair because Hyunsik was way younger and just seemed more vulnerable…He really didn’t know what to do so ended up texting Eunsol. Although he regretted it because he knew Daehyun probably wasn’t pleased about his date leaving him so suddenly.

Eunsol touched her brother’s cheek, ‘he’s definitely burning up’ she thought to herself, as she saw Hyunsik stir in his sleep.

“You did well Yongguk, I would have done exactly what you did. All we need to do is let him rest for now” she patted his shoulder in reassurance once she saw the worry that was etched so hard on his face.

As they quietly left Hyunsik’s room, they proceeded to make their way downstairs, before she collapsed in a tired bundle on the sofa.

“Today didn’t go as well I thought it would” she grimaced to herself.

“I’m sorry I interrupted your date with Daehyun.”

‘Did he just apologise to me? Wow, that’s a first’ she thought to herself, she had definitely noticed that Yongguk had changed his way of speaking to her recently.

“You texted for a good reason, so it’s fine”

“How about I get you some cheesecake?” he suggested.

“Huh?”

“Well, you like cheesecake don’t you? I’ll go buy some, while you wait here if Hyunsik wakes up.”

“Don’t worry Yongguk; I told you, no need to feel bad!”

“I don’t feel bad…Think of it as a thank-you gift for tutoring me” he grinned, as he began to make his way to the door. Eunsol didn’t say anything, she was sitting on the fence about letting him go or not.

“I’ll buy Hyunsik chocolate cake as well, so he has something to look forward too when he wakes up”

Eunsol nodded her head in defeat; he’d gotten her there by mentioning Hyunsik and his favourite type of cake.

“See you in a bit” he called as he closed the front door behind him.

After 10 minutes of flicking through the t.v and concluding there was nothing to watch, Eunsol got up from the sofa. She suddenly remembered the way she’d rushed up the stairs to her brother’s room to see Yongguk singing a lullaby quietly to soothe Hyunsik to sleep. At the time, Eunsol just stood there staring at the sight in front of her, but now she couldn’t help chuckling, Yongguk’s voice was so deep it didn’t really suit him to be singing such soft lullabies, but still the action of affection had made her heart swell. Eunsol shook her head vigorously, to get rid of all thoughts of the gang leader, before making her way upstairs, trying hard to ignore her fast beating heart. Once sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter