Chapter 3

Wedding Bells

»Chapter 3  Lamps Are Lovely Weapons


"Kim Howon? You rejected Sungyeol to have dinner with him?" Bomi asked.

"So? What's wrong with that?" replied Naeun while dabbing a final glob of gloss to the center of her lips. 

"Uhh...everything?!"

Naeun turned towards her sister and crossed her arms. "Define everything."

"Hmm, let's see. He's a total jerk, he's overly arrogant, and he's probably a full-time two timer." 

"Two timer? How do you even know this?"

"I met him at Aunt Joo's today. He was buying an engagement ring for his girlfriend. And he...nevermind. Anyways, now he's going on a date with you. He probably wants  to get into a girl's pants before he gets married. Doesn't that ring a manwhore bell anywhere in your head?" 

"An engagement ring? Seriously?!" 

Bomi nodded furiously. "Yup. He even asked for a bigger ring when the ring he had in his hand was like the size of my fist." 

"Yes! Finally! Ugh, that took him a while."

"What?" she asked, completely dumbfounded. 

"Holy crap, Unnie. I knew you were stupid, but not this stupid. I'm his girlfriend. Thanks for ruining one of the happiest moments in my life, by the way." 

Bomi's mouth dropped. "What did you just say?"

"We've been dating for a long time now. I kept it from you since I knew you would freak out."

"You've been two timing Sungyeol?!"

"See what I mean? Just calm the hell down." 

"YOU !!!!!!" 

Bomi grabbed the closest object to her (which happened to be a table lamp) and Naeun ran off, shrieking loudly while doing it.

"Get back here you dirty , if I would've known, I would've . . ." 

They both halted in the living room when they saw an incredibly handsome --- no scratch that --- an incredibly gorgeous man standing right in front of them. He stared back at them wide-eyed, quite traumatized at the scene that had just played out before him. When Bomi finally regained her composure after seeing such a good-looking being, she immediately charged towards Naeun, lamp in hand. Naeun continued with her shrieking, and Bomi managed to knock Naeun to the ground. Their intense brawl was finally interrupted by the screaming and yelling of their mother.

"Stop it, girls. NOW!" 

Naeun pushed Bomi off of her and stood up, promptly fixing up her hair. 

"I'm so sorry you had to witness this!" their mother apologized to the young man. "They're usually not like this, especially our sweet Naeun." 

"Aha...it's fine," he said awkwardly while scratching the back of his neck. 

"Naeun, this is Mr. Kim Myungsoo. He came here to request for a dinner date with you. You're not busy with anything tonight, correct?" 

"Of course not! I'd be happy to accompany you," she replied, flashing him a bright smile. 

"Yah! Aren't you -- " Bomi was suddenly cut off by the doorbell. 

"I'll get it," their mother chimed. 

"No, let Bomi get it. Your boyfriend is picking you up, right unnie?" Naeun looked at Bomi with pleading eyes. 

"You have a boyfriend and didn't tell me?" asked their mother, hurt.  

"I..." 

"You beat me with a lamp. You owe it to me," Naeun mouthed to her. 

Bomi, defeated, hesitantly made her way to the door and opened it.

"Hey! Is Na -- "

"How come you picked me up so late? Let's go before someone else takes our reservation."

Before Bomi grabbed his arm and pulled him away, Myungsoo was able to catch a glimpse of his face. A face that he was not too happy to see.