Chapter 1

Wedding Bells

 »Chapter 1 Drunken Conversations 


"I thought she was different, you know? I've been waiting so long for this moment and she just bitterly rejects me. I felt wronged -- humiliated even. All this time, I've been wrong." Gulping down a glass of clear liquid that the bartender had set before him, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the real ring and chucked it onto the dance floor filled with crowded people.

"The same girl that I fell in love with 6 years ago changed. The same girl that fed those dirty orphans with her own, precious hands...had changed."

Myungsoo set his hand on his friend's shoulder, gazing at him sympathetically.

"I had always thought that she would say yes; I never even considered another possibility. I put myself out there and made money just so she could live comfortably after our marriage. I thought she didn't care about social status after seeing her at the orphanage. I was wrong. I was wrong all along."

"You should've told her that you're a friggin' CEO from the beginning...or you could've at least told her that you worked at KSX. You're too naive, Sungyeol." 

"You don't get the point. I don't want a wife that marries me for the money. I just want someone that genuinely cares for me." 

"Who is this girl anyway? I must say that I'm quite impressed that she's able to reject such a good guy like you."

"It's a secret. I've promised her from the beginning to keep her identity anonymous. I should've known that if she was too embarassed to be with me, then no way in hell was she marrying me. What the hell was I thinking?"

"Hey, at least you're not forced to marry someone."

"That's true. Who does your dad want you to marry anyways? Is it that snotty girl from JongIn Designs that was all over you during the fashion showcase last month?"

Myungsoo shuddered. "Hell no. My dad hates me, but not that much."

"Well, there's no other marriage that would benefit your company," Sungyeol paused. "Unless he's planning on becoming in-laws with the Sons..."

"Right on. Apparently one of the daughters has a very good reputation amongst the community -- good enough to boost my manwhore reputation." 

Sungyeol stared at him blankly.

"What? Do you know her? Is she ugly? Does she have face fungus or something? Holy crap, I'm doomed. I might as well commit suicide," Myungsoo wrapped his tie around his neck, pretending to choke himself.  

Sungyeol abrubptly grabbed his collar and pulled him off his seat. 

"Which sister is it?"

"T-the b-blood-related one," he studdered, taken aback by Sungyeol's sudden agressiveness. "...Naeun."

Sungyeol slowly releases him and sits back down, grabbing another glass of overly-priced vodka.

"Why? What's wrong?" 

"Nothing."

Myungsoo shrugged and took a sip from his drink. "You're weird."