Chapter 2

Wedding Bells

»Chapter 2  The Ring


"You're saying this thing is worth 400 million won?!" Bomi shrieked, staring agape at the extravagant ring in her hand.

"Yup. Possibly more than that. It's beautifully made; I've never seen anything so intricate in my life. The rings I sell are expensive because of the size of the diamond, but this...this is worth 400 million just because of the craftmanship. It's gorgeous. Simply gorgeous." Bomi's aunt set her spectacles down on the glass counter, looking at it in disbelief herself. "I can't believe you just found this thing laying on the ground."

"I can't either," she agreed. "Holy mother of freaking Buddha...I'm holding 400 million won worth of shiny sh*t in my hands right now! 400!!" 

"I need to go pick up Yunwoo. Can you watch the store for me while I'm gone?" 

"But I need to go to the hos-"

"Okay, thanks," she said, leaving abruptly.

Bomi sighed and was about to chase after her aunt when a handsome young man walked into the store.

"Ugh, welcome to Y.estina's. How may I help you?" 

"What's up with the snotty attitude?" the man remarked while he coolly strolled over to the other end of the room. 

"Sorry, I was left in charge of the store while I'm suppose to be somewhere else," said Bomi apologetically, fidgeting with the lace t on her skirt. "If you need anything, please let me know."

The man went from counter to counter, peering curiously at the items and occasionally stopped to look at a few things, but eventually moved on to something else. Bomi sat down on a stool and started to get comfortable. By the time he got to where she was at, she was already sound asleep. He shook his head and chuckled quietly, evidently amused by this sleeping girl. He leaned over the counter until he was next to her ear and begun to speak loudly. 

"You know, if I wanted to, I could actually tie you up and rob this whole jewelry store right now, right?" 

There was no response...she was a heavy sleeper alright. 

"And you know, if I had enough time to spare, I could probably rαpe you and impregnate you." 

Still no response. 

"Actually you'd probably be very lucky to have my baby since I got some y genes anyways, so it's not necessarily a bad thing."

Again, no response. 

"YAH!" he shouted, finally causing her to jolt awake. 

"WHAT THE HELL?!" 

The man simply blinked back at her, confused.

"Sorry," Bomi said, shuffling her feet awkwardly. "What do you need?"

"Umm...can I take a look at this engagement ring please? The one on the far right?"

She slid open the door and reached inside to grab the ring. After giving it to him, she took notice of the long trail of zeros on the price tag. 

"Do you have anything...I don't know....bigger?" he said after examining the ring. 

"You want something bigger? I think that's as big as it gets."

"What about that one?" He gestured towards the ring on the table behind her. 

"No, that's mine."

He was admittingly a bit disappointed since he wanted to have a bit of "fun" with someone else before he got married, but he was no homewrecker. He's too classy for that. 

"Actually, I kind of found it on the dance floor while I was out last night, so technically, it's not mine," she said, putting him back in a good mood. 

"Well then, are you sure there's not anything bigger stored in the back?" He leaned towards her seductively. 

She cocked his eyebrow at him, unimpressed, and shifted away from him.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to mess around with a guy that's about to get engaged. I hope you get rejected," she responded coldly, earning a snicker from him.

"Like any chick would reject a ring like that."

"Not all girls care about the size of diamond you know." 

"No, I don't know that actually."

He winked at her flirtiously and his lips, but unmistakably, it didn't effect her at all. She was completely and utterly unfazed by his attempts to woo her. Her reaction to his efforts were a first for him. He's never been disregarded by a girl like this and it just makes him want to try harder. Usually, he didn't even have to do anything at all and have hoards of girls swooning for him, but this situation was definitely a new experience.

"Ugh, whatever. When my aunt comes back, she'll let you know if she can get your unfortunate girlfriend anything bigger."

"Wait, your aunt?" he asked, surprised.

"Yes, my aunt. Well, step-aunt."

"You're Yoon Bomi?"

"You know me? Wow, I must be a popular topic amongst the guys," she joked. 

He responded with a snicker. Before this conversation could progress any furthur, Bomi's aunt bursted through the back door. 

"My goodness, it's so cold outside," she huffed, rubbing her hands up and down her arms frantically. 

"Hi, Auntie Joo. Long time no see," greeted the man.

"Oh, Hoya! I've missed you!" 

"Hoya?!" Bomi exclaimed, completely appalled. "Howon? Kim Howon?"

While her aunt engulfed him in an affectionate bear hug, Bomi saw him sneak her one final wink.