Who Said Cinderella Stories Never Happen?

[One Shots!] [Apply please!]

Requested by rinchyeon

-------------------------------------------

“You’re marrying him, and that’s that!” exclaimed her mother sternly.

Rinchyeon let out an exasperated cry as she stomped to the foot of the stairs. “I don’t get why it’s so important for me to get married to that…that jerk!”

Her mother yelled after her ascending form angrily, “If you were a loyal daughter, you would do this without any objections! Think of your family. By marrying him, you would have a prosperous life!”

“No,” Rinchyeon said coldly, “I would have a miserable life. You just want their money!”

She slammed her door, leaving her fuming mother alone with her husband.

“Yeobo, do something! Tell her to marry him!” she pleaded to her husband.

“What do you want me to do? She’s not built for an arranged marriage. I can’t make her do anything she doesn’t want to do,” he replied tiredly, massaging his temples.

 

“Stupid, gold-digging, superficial mother!” Rinchyeon muttered as she dug through her closet. A knock on her door halted her movements.

“Rin-ah, can I come in?” asked her father.

“Sure dad,” she replied, pulling up her computer chair.

“You know your mother means well,” he said with much difficulty.

“You don’t seriously believe that, do you?” she asked.

He paused and gave his daughter a stern look. “I’ll tell you what, if you can find a man that you love with all your heart before the engagement dinner, I will cancel all the agreements.”

“Really?” Rinchyeon asked in disbelief.

“Really,” replied her father. “Now, where are you going in such a hurry?” he asked, nodding towards her closet.

“Um, well my friends wanted to go out clubbing tonight,” she replied sheepishly.

“Really now? Well, have fun honey. Find a nice guy,” said her father, pecking her forehead before leaving the room.

 

Rinchyeon slid quietly out the front door, successfully evading her mother’s unsatisfied temper. She smiled as a sleek black sports car pulled up to her door. Warmth wrapped around her slim body as the driver met her at the bottom of the steps.

“Hey there,” she smiled, placing her lips lightly on his.

“Ready to go?” he asked as he opened the passenger door for her.

“Oppa, where are we going?” she asked curiously.

“You’ll see,” he replied mysteriously.

They raced down the streets as the night air fed their adrenaline. A light melodious laugh mingled with the blasting radio. Rinchyeon felt safe despite their dangerous speed. He always had that effect on her. With him, she was different. She wasn’t shy, but outgoing. Her laid-back nature shone in his arms.

“We’re here,” he announced, killing the engine.

Rinchyeon looked out her window curiously, taking in her brightly colored surroundings.

“Come on!” he exclaimed, taking her hand.

She ran with him through the crowded streets, admiring the colorful lanterns that illuminated the darkness. They arrived at a secluded, dimly lit park. Her pants painted the cold air with condensation as she fell onto a bench.

“Wait here,” he instructed before running off into the darkness.

Rinchyeon glanced over her shoulder as stillness settled around her. She tightly pursed her lips as uneasiness claimed her conscience. Her heart became restless as she thought of all the possible scenarios that could have happened.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of an approaching melody. Her eyes searched for the source of the tune, finally resting on a shadowy figure. As it drew nearer, the park slowly lit up. Strings of lanterns draped around the fountain, revealing a small table near the sparkling water.

“Would you care to join me?”

Rinchyeon turned and smiled, gently placing her hand in his. She melted under his charming gaze, absently following him to the table.

“Oppa, when did you have time to do this?” she asked, admiring the extravagance of his surprise.

“That’s a surprise,” he replied. “Let’s eat before it gets cold.”

Their laughter filled the atmosphere around them as they ate. Rinchyeon noticed something off about his expression as their evening came to an end.

“Oppa, is everything okay?” she asked worriedly. A light breeze swept through the park, evicting from her a slight shiver.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he replied nervously. “Here,” he said, draping his suit jacket over her shoulders. His hands fidgeted with a small velvet box behind his back.

“Oppa? What’s wrong?” Rinchyeon asked again.

He stumbled onto one knee and said, “Kim Rinchyeon, I know we’ve only just started venturing into the next stage in life, but would you do me the honor of becoming my wife? I can think of no one else to spend the rest of my life with.”

Tears slid down her cheeks as she tried to grasp onto the reality of her situation. Her heart soared with joy as she spoke, “Doojoon oppa…”

He slowly got up as her answer didn’t come. Rinchyeon stood on her tiptoes and kissed his lips.

“Yes,” she whispered.

---------------------------------------

No, I did not forget about all your applications. I just haven't gotten around to doing them. You can blame my teachers for that. Actually, I'm supposed to be doing homework right now... And yes, I do realize that I'm not updating in order of requests sent. I kind of forgot what order they came in. >< So yeah. =P I hope you liked this one! Comment/Subscribe/Request! (And give my other stories some love too.)

~Emylie<3