Four - Involved

His Photo Her Story

 

 

 

Unlike the other students who are rushing and running to school at that moment, Krystal has no intention to increase her walking speed at all even though she knows better than anyone else that she’s already late. She wants to walk faster but she has no energy to do so. She feels unusually weak that day. Her head also feels heavy and her body is aching everywhere.

 

“Achoo!” she sneezes suddenly.

 

Quickly she takes out a piece of tissue from her pocket to wipe the tiny mucus at her nostril.

 

“Achooohh!” she sneezes again, this time louder.

 

“Are you okay?” the unexpected question makes Krystal almost jump in shock.

 

She turns around to see the asker. Her eyes meet with the view of worried Myungsoo.

 

“Are you okay? Are you not feeling well?” he asks again as he approaches Krystal while attempting to place his hand on Krystal’s forehead in order to feel her temperature.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?”

 

Krystal flinches and slaps Myungsoo’s hand away before it could reach her forehead. Even though they’ve met several times before, Krystal still sees Myungsoo as a stranger. There’s no way she would let a stranger like him to touch her that easily. Besides that, their little incident in front of Amber’s house few days ago makes Krystal feels very uncomfortable to be around him. She wants to keep her distance from him as much as she can.

 

Myungsoo ignores her disapproval and persistently places his hand on Krystal’s forehead. Krystal tries to slap his hand away again but this time Myungsoo is quick and prepared. He manages to capture Krystal’s hand and he hold it tightly in his grip.

 

“Yah!!” Krystal scolds him.

 

She struggles to get herself away from Myungsoo but it’s pointless.  She’s too weak to fight back.

 

“Oh, it’s so hot! You shouldn’t go to school today. You should go to clinic and rest at home,” says Myungsoo worriedly with his hand still on Krystal forehead.

 

“It’s none of your business. Get away from me,” she says firmly, still trying to push Myungsoo away.

 

“You should listen to me. If not, your health condition will get worse,” advised Myungsoo.

 

“Thanks for the concern but you’re not in the position to give me advice, Myungsoo-ssi,” replies Krystal, purposely emphasizing on the formal ‘ssi’ title to make him realize that they’re not close thus he has no right to tell her what to do.

 

Myungsoo finally let her go. It’s not because he’s hurt with Krystal words whatsoever but it’s because he doesn’t want the sick girl to waste her energy by struggling and pushing him. He wants to ask something but before he can utter a word, Krystal already walked away.

 

Myungsoo shakes his head and sighs.

 

“Even sickness can't stop Krystal Jung from being Krystal Jung,

 

 

*****

 

 

At school, as predicted, Krystal’s health becomes much worse. She keeps coughing and sneezing in class. Some students are worried to see her like that especially her best friend, Sulli but some others are annoyed with her because they cannot focus on the lesson. Her teacher has no choice but to send her to the sickbay. She refused at first because she doesn’t like to stay at that boring quiet place but after thinking that her sickness would absolutely affect other students, and also after  being convinced by Sulli to go to the sickbay, she finally agrees.

 

At the sickbay, she receives appropriate treatment and check-up from the school’s medical assistant. After all the medical procedures are done, Krystal is left alone at the sickbay. The medical assistant comes back a moment later only to give her another pill and asks her to sleep so that her body can rest.

 

Krystal finds it weird how she was told that her medicine would make her sleepy but even after 30 minutes, her eyes are still wide open. She tries many position in order to fall asleep but her eyes still won’t shut. She tries the other alternatives too such as reading the boring health magazines, counting the number of alphabet in articles, humming to slow ballad songs but everything just won’t work.

 

Great.

 

Now she does not only have to suffer from her sickness, but also have to suffer from difficulty to fall asleep. Truly, for all these sufferings, she knows very well who to blame.

 

“That stupid photographer! This is all because of you! All these things would not happen if you didn’t ask me to stay long in the water for your stupid photoshoot concept! This is all your fault! Ahhhh I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!”

 

The cursing and swearing lasts for more than hour. She goes as far as imagining herself as an assassin who has a mission to kill L with high-tech weapons, cutting his body into pieces before finally throwing his body parts into the sea for sharks to eat. In short, she imagines all cruelest things possible that she can do to L and she curses him with all the cuss words that she knows throughout her 18 years of lifetime. Just like that she spends her time in the sickbay venting her anger out at L. She doesn’t realize how long the time has passed and she doesn’t realize when exactly she fell asleep.

 

But the most important thing that she missed out is Myungsoo’s short visit at the sickbay. She missed out the moment when Myungsoo her hair gently while watching her sleeping. When she wakes up, she sees a canned energy drink on the desk with “Get well soon” handwritten note pasted on it. She has no idea who gave it to her but she’s very thankful towards that person.

 

 

*****

 

 

Two days later, Krystal goes back to school with a bright smile on her face. She’s already recovered from her sickness and now she’s healthier, livelier than ever. The first thing she does when she arrives at school is, of course, looking for her BFF’s, Sulli and Jiyoung. As expected, as soon as both of them see Krystal, they run towards her and hug her tightly as if they haven’t seen her for ages.

 

“We miss you very much!” they say in unison.

 

“I know, I miss you too. It’s so good to be back again,” replies Krystal as she hugs them back.

 

Then, Krystal remembers something. She let go of Jiyoung and Sulli before taking out something from her bag. Sulli and Jiyoung watch her in curiosity.

 

“Here,” she says as she gives them a canned energy drink each. She then add, “I was so happy and touched when I found the drink you guys left for me two days ago at the sickbay. So as the repayment, I get you your favorite flavors! Hehehehe. Ah, but I didn’t know this drink is so expensive! Well, that’s why it’s very effective, right? Hahah. Anyway thanks alot guys! You guys are the best friends ever!”

 

Sulli and Jiyoung exchange glances.

 

“What drink?” asks Sulli in confusion.

 

“Yeah, I don’t remember buying you any drink two days ago? We did go to the sickbay to visit you, but we were late. You already left for home at that time,” explains Jiyoung. Sulli nods repeatedly in agreement.

 

Krystal looks at them in disbelief.

 

“No way. Then who gav-” suddenly she got a bad feeling.

 

Then, before her friends could even say or ask anything, she leaves the place in hurry. Her destination is only one – the sickbay. She keeps praying that the person who gave her the drink is not that guy. She hopes she’s wrong.

 

Once she gets at the sickbay, she looks for the medical assistant and asks who were her visitors when she was sick.

 

“Hmmm... If I’m not mistaken, other than your homeroom teacher, there’s a boy visited you,” answers the medical assistant truthfully.

 

Krystal is not pleased with the answer.

 

“Are you sure it’s a boy? I have a tomboy neighbor, her name is Amber. It could be her who visited me,”

 

“Hmm, let’s see the log book. We keep all the details in it,” Then the medical assistant takes out the sickbay log book and check the information for Krystal.

 

“There were only two people who visited you two days ago. Your homeroom teacher and a student from class 3-2 named Kim Myungsoo,” explains the medical assistant.

 

Krystal sighs in disappointment. “Aish, that nuisance... I knew it,”

 

 

*****

 

 

Krystal keeps walking back and forth with a can of energy drink in her hand. She keeps arguing with herself whether or not to give the drink to Myungsoo.

 

‘It was so kind of him to give the drink to you. You should do something to show your gratefulness,’

 

‘No, no, no you shouldn’t give it to him. What if he gets the wrong idea? What if he thinks that you like him? Euwww!’

 

‘Okay, of course you don’t want him to think that you like him. But you don’t want to owe him any favor, right? By giving the drink back to him, it means that you don’t owe him anything and you don’t have to be nice to him after this,’

 

‘Fine! If you really want to give it to him, go ahead! But what if people see you? What if rumor starts to spread? You already have enough headache with work and school, now you want to add your burden with unnecessary rumor? Very clever, Krystal,’

 

‘No! I won’t get caught. I will make sure nobody sees me when I give the drink to him,’

 

‘But how?’

 

Krystal scratches her head. She wants to ask for Sulli and Jiyoung opinion but she’s still not ready to tell them about Myungsoo. If they ask her what is her relationship with Myungsoo, it would be very hard for her to explain. It’s not a type of relationship that she can easily describe. To be honest, she doesn’t even know what type of feeling she has towards Myungsoo. She doesn’t hate him but at the same time she doesn’t like him either. She just feels very uncomfortable with him, especially after their incident in front of Amber’s house.

 

Not only that, for her, Myungsoo has some kind of aura that makes her wants to avoid him. Not because he looks scary, not because he has the face of a gangster whatsoever but somehow he makes Krystal feels intimidated. Krystal sees him as someone she doesn’t want to be friend with. It’s odd, but that’s exactly how she feels towards Myungsoo.

 

“Ah, what should I do? How should I give this to him?” Krystal still thinking.

 

Suddenly she gets an idea. She takes out her handphone and sends Amber a message.

 

“Why didn’t I think about this earlier?” she mumbles to herself.

 

Few seconds later, her handphone beeps. She opens the message and what Amber wrote makes her lips curve into a smile. Amber gives her all information that she needs to know.

 

From: Amber

Message: Myungsoo’s locker is two rows from mine. Mine is number 57 and his is 59 if I’m not mistaken. Why you ask?

 

From: Krystal

Message: Nothing. Thanks a lot =)

 

Krystal is about to leave to search for Myungsoo’s locker but suddenly her phone beeps again.

 

From: Amber

Message: Is there anything going on between you and Myungsoo…? Like seriously. These days he keeps asking me about you and now you ask me about him too. So suspicious. Could it be that...you guys are an item??

 

Krystal frowns. She quickly type something to reply.

 

From: Krystal
Message: HELL ING NO!

 

Then, without further delay, she goes to look for Myungsoo’s locker. Finding his locker is an easy job, thanks to the info Amber gave her earlier. As she expected, the locker i’s unlocked. It has already become somewhat a custom for students in that school to leave their lockers unlocked just like that. Most of them have mutual reasons – no one bothers to bring the key wherever they go and no one bothers to find it if it’s lost. The school’s rule of forbidding students from putting valuable item inside the locker has become another strong reason why the students are not worried to leave their lockers unlocked. There’s just nothing to be stolen.

 

Krystal looks around her to ensure nobody’s watching. When the coast is clear, she finally opens Myungsoo’s locker. She is not surprised to see his locker filled with books, papers, manga, stationary and some snacks. It’s a typical student’s locker. Most of students have those things in their lockers, including hers. What makes Krystal surprised is the collection of high-quality photos inside his locker. They are photos of the school surroundings but the way they are captured makes the school looks so beautiful and different. Even the trash bin looks like a work of art.

 

Krystal put those photos back at their place as she knows that she shouldn’t be long at Myungsoo’s locker. Then, without wasting anytime, she takes one of stick notes from Myungsoo’s locker and writes something on it. She pastes the note on the canned energy drink and leave it inside before closing the locker. However, before the locker’s door completely shuts, Krystal suddenly sees something shiny and glowing from his locker. She re-opens the locker to see what exactly are those shiny things but those things immediately disappear. She closes the locker again and the same thing happens. Whenever the door is almost shut, those shiny things will appear but when Krystal re-opens it, the shiny things are no longer there.

 

Suddenly Krystal got goosebumps. Her mind recalls all the horror tales she ever heard about the school. Without further delay she closes the locker and leave that place in hurry.

 

“Not only he himself is weird but his locker is also creepy. Gosh, I really should not get involved with this freak,” she says as she quickens her pace.

 

 

 

GIF OF THE DAY

 

Get well soon~ T_T

 

 

 


A/N:

 

Hi, sorry for being idle for so long. I just finished my exam. I'm having my three-weeks holiday right now so hopefully I can make more updates during this holiday =)

 

This chapter actually contains a huge spoiler. The shiny glowing thing I mention at the ending part will have a big role in this story. If you read this fic carefully from the beginning, I'm sure you will know what exactly are those things, and then you will have a glimpse of the whole plot of my story.  Kekekekekekeke *trying to sound mysterious and magical*

 

I read all of your comments and I'm very thankful & happy to know that many people like this story. I may not reply to your comment but believe me, I appreciate every single one of them...!! >.< Please leave more and more comments so that I can know the story's weaknesses as well as its strength. Don't just be a silent reader, okay?~

 

Also, don't forget to vote and subscribe! Enjoy reading!