Three - Candy Crush

His Photo Her Story

 

 

Slowly, Krystal lifts her head to look at her own reflection in the mirror. She prays to God that the unusual thick make-up and the unusual daring colors on her face would not make she looks weird. Unfortunately God didn’t answer her prayer. As soon as she sees her own reflection in the mirror, she feels like throwing up. She’s disgusted with her own face. She looks terrible, at least in her own eyes.

‘This is the real definition of art. Totally magnificent, Krystal!’

‘Oh Krystal, your face matches this concept very well! L never disappoint me with his choice of model,’

Those are among the comments Krystal gets after people see her with make-up done. They keep giving her praises but she doesn’t buy it. She believes that they are saying those nice things only to make her feel good.

Krystal sighs. If her make-up for the preliminary photoshoot is already that bad, she can’t imagine how terrible she would look like for the real photoshoot later. And worse, her face for the real photoshoot will be used by L for many other events. It will also be exhibited worldwide which means the whole world will witness how ugly she is and she will forever known for her terrible look. Damn it! This is not the reason why she becomes a model. She doesn’t become a model to be known from the wrong light like that. Krystal can’t help but see this matter as a lifetime humiliation. She should’ve rejected this offer. She should’ve not agreed to work for L.

“Luna Eonni, how much time do we have before the photoshoot begins?” asks Krystal to Luna who is busy chatting with one of the stylists.

“Ermm…around 20 minutes. Wae? Can’t wait already?”

20 minutes? Good. The time is more than enough for her to take a short walk to lift her mood up and regain her lost spirit.

“I’ll be back later,” replies Krystal as she leaves the dressing room.

“Yah! Yah! Jung Soojung where are you going?!”

Luna’s panic question is left unanswered. Krystal quickens her pace as she doesn’t want to be chased by Luna. She doesn’t know where to go since very corner of the building is filled with busy staff and workers. After a few minutes of walking with no particular direction, Krystal sees a room at the end of a long hallway which can be the most suitable spot for her to spend some time alone. Thinking that it’s a storage room for its far location from the other rooms, Krystal heads toward it with no hesitation.

 

*****

 

Myungsoo quickly put on his mask when he hears his door being pushed open. He turns around and sees his manager, Mr. Henry enters his room. He let out a sigh of relief.

“You surprised me. I thought it was someone else,” says Myungsoo.

“You’re acting very weirdly today. I’ve never seen you this nervous before,” comments Mr. Henry while putting a packet of green candies onto Myungsoo’s desk. His eyes are still fixed at Myungsoo.

“Maybe because this is my last photoshoot before the 1000th,” replies Myungsoo coolly, trying to hide his true feeling.

Mr.Henry narrows his eyes and gives him a teasing smile. “Is it really because of that?”

Myungsoo lifts his eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

“Well…. I just found out that Miss Krystal attends the same school as yours. I wonder if this has any relation with your decision of choosing her for the exclusive photoshoot, and I also wonder if she’s the reason behind your unusual nervousness today?”

Myungsoo can only smile. His manager knows him too well.

“Why do you ask if it’s already too obvious to you?” he admits.

Mr.Henry is surprised with his words. He was expecting Myungsoo to stubbornly deny the fact but Myungsoo admits it so easily and openly.

“Whoa… To see a secretive person like you being this transparent about your feeling for her, I can tell that she’s not an ordinary girl. She’s truly something. I am going to watch her closely from now,”

 “Don’t hyung, I already done that. I end up being kicked by her. At my private part. Literally,”

Myungsoo’s reply makes Mr. Henry frowns in confusion.

“It’s a long story, hyung. Don’t worry I’ll tell you later. We have 20 minutes left before the photoshoot starts. I need to get ready now and checks some stuffs outside,” says Myungsoo as he grabs his jacket and the green candies which his manager previously put on his table.

“Okay. I’m looking forward for the full story as well as today’s preliminary photoshoot. Fighting,”

Myungsoo only nod and smile as response. While making his way to the photoshoot set, he takes out one of the green candies from its packet and shoves it inside his mouth. He is about to put the remaining candies into his pocket but suddenly someone bumps into him and make the packet drops. The candies scattered messily on the floor.

Myungsoo snorted.

He’s pissed off. It was his last packet of those candies. Those candies are not ordinary type of candies which people can simply buy from local marts or easily acquired on a typical Halloween day. They are actually a type of medicine made by larynx specialists. They are very expensive and hard to obtain. With those candies, Myungsoo is able to change his voice since it has special effect on nose and larynx which can cause someone’s voice to become hoarser and huskier. They are medically approved but at the same time, they have some side effects. Larynx specialists and Myungsoo’s personal doctor allow him to get his supply of those candies only once in three months. If he loses it, whether he likes it or not he needs to wait for another three months to get the new supply. That’s why he’s very angry.

Myungsoo is aware that using mask alone to hide his identity is not enough. People can still recognize him through his voice although his face is fully covered. He needs those candies to make his voice changes. He needs those candies to turn him into L. For him, he is not L enough without those important candies.

“Do you know what you just did?!” scolds Myungsoo while lifting his head to see the person who’s responsible for his huge loss. His voice has started to turn husky because of the effect of the candy one he managed to eat earlier.

Krystal froze on her feet. Nervous, scared, shocked – all blend in one. Looking at the mask covering the man’s face, Krystal immediately knows the identity of the man who is standing before her at that moment.

It’s none other than that man.

That famous photographer.

That mysterious guy.

That weirdo.

L.

Myungsoo face changes as soon as he sees Krystal. Looking at how pale Krystal face is despite her thick make-up, Myungsoo knows that he has scared the hell out of Krystal.

“I-I’m s-sorry…” Krystal apologizes.

That’s the first time ever Myungsoo sees Krystal being that timid and frightened. Heck, she even stuttered! She’s always appears confident and calm in whatever she does, wherever she goes. Somehow Myungsoo is amused with the scene before him. Not to be cruel but he enjoys seeing her like that. It’s the other side of Krystal which he never knew and he’s glad that he discovered that new side of hers without even trying.

“The photoshoot is starting in about 15 minutes. What are you doing here instead of preparing?” he asks in serious tone. He’s in the mood to tease Krystal. The scattered precious green candies on the floor have long been forgotten.

“Err…I…” Krystal is still stuttering.

Myungsoo smirks. He’s trying hard to hold himself from laughing in victory.

Then, without warning he grabs Krystal wrist and pulls her closer to him. Krystal is clearly surprised but she doesn’t dare to say or do anything. Myungsoo stares at her and observes every inch of her face thoroughly. Even though she throws him an unpleasant look, she still looks so beautiful in his eyes. Imagine if this girl laughing and smiling at him. It must be the most beautiful scenery he ever seen in his life.

On the other hand, Krystal can’t help but feel the situation is kinda familiar. Déjà vu. She feels like she has been in that situation before, but she’s not sure when and where.

“They did the make-up very well. This is the exact look that I want,” says Myungsoo after a good five minutes of staring. There’s no way he can do that if he’s being Myungsoo instead of L.  Judging by her face, Myungsoo knows that Krystal is highly displeased with his action but she can’t do anything since L is someone much superior to her. Myungsoo can’t help but wanting more of moments like that – moments when Krystal is being cooperative and obedient to him.

 

*****

 

Krystal doesn’t how many times more she needs to dive into the water. That’s her first time doing underwater photoshoot and L’s ridiculously fussy behavior is not helping at all. She has tried many poses, she has done many expressions but L is still not happy with all the shots.

‘I told you to spread your hands. Is it that hard, Krystal-ssi?’

‘What was that? What were you doing spreading your hands so widely like that? It looks like you wanna catch a shark. You want me to put a real shark down there?’

‘Why you let bubbles came out from your mouth. Krystal-ssi, let me make it clear that I do not rent this huge tank to capture bubbles. I can simply use CG effect for that,

That L weirdo is so good at scolding and pointing out her mistake no matter how tiny it is. Krystal is becoming more tired and frustrated. She’s starting to lose her patient. She doesn’t understand why L needs to be that fussy just for a mere preliminary photoshoot like that. She knows that it’s L life principle to take all of his photoshoot session seriously whether it’s preliminary or not but come on… He doesn’t need to be that harsh and strict, does he?

To be honest, her fear toward L has been replaced with furiousness. She doesn’t care with his scolding anymore. She just wants to end the session quickly and get L out off her sight. Since she can’t vent her anger out at L, giving him a sharp deadly glare from a far is the only thing she can do.

“What are you doing? Quickly go back into the tank. Don’t waste time,” that photographer scolds her again. Krystal has no other choice but to comply.

Myungsoo clearly noticed the sharp glare Krystal gave him. Instead of feeling intimidated, he laughs secretly in his heart. He doesn’t torture her for no reason. All those tortures are compensation Krystal needs to pay for kicking him hardly at his private part twice before. Yes, it’s his punishment for Krystal.

However, thruthfully, he does all those things because he doesn’t want the photoshoot to end quickly. He wants to be with Krystal longer. He knows his method is bad and it makes Krystal unhappy, but he just can’t help it. He wants to use the opportunity of being with Krystal with the identity of L as much as he can. Being L, he can do what Myungsoo can’t. He can make Krystal stay by his side, he can make Krystal listen to her.

The photoshoot continues for another half an hour. Krystal is so exhausted. She feels like dying. Everytime she goes into the water, the water keeps entering her eyes and nose that those two organs have started to turn red. It’s painful and uncomfortable. She curses L with all her heart for giving her those sufferings. That man has no consideration at all.

“Okay, that’s it for today. We’re done,” the words that Krystal wants to hear the most from L finally comes out from his mouth. Thank God she’s finally free. Luna quickly wraps her body with towel as soon as she gets out of the tank. Without thinking about anything else, she goes directly to the dressing room to change her drenched cloth and remove her make-up.

“Thanks for the hard work, everyone. I appreciate every single person’s effort and contribution. Let’s keep working hard for our upcoming photoshoot,” says Myungsoo as the closing of the photoshoot session.

The staffs and workers thank him back before starting to clean up the place. Myungsoo looks around to find Krystal but she’s nowhere in sight.

“Where’s Krystal?” he asks Luna who is still at the photoshoot set.

“She went to change her cloth. Is there anything important you want to talk with her?”

“Uh, no. Never mind,” answers Myungsoo shortly.

He just wants to take a glimpse of her before leaving. Even though he’s with her all day, even though he’s going to meet her again at school tomorrow, he just can’t get enough of her. If possible, he wants her to be in his sight all the times.

 

 

GIF OF THE DAY

Photographer L in action

 


A/N:

Hi..! I'm back again after a long time ^^ I do some changes to make this fic more interesting and appealing by inserting Gif Of The Day in every chapter. I choose the gif base on the story in each chapter. Hope u guys like my selecion~

But more importantly, before this I mentioned that this fic will have around 5 chapter, right? No, it won't have 5 chapters... It will be more than that because I decided to lengthen this fic (suddenly got more ideas to expand this story. Yay!).

I might not be able to update this fic very frequent. Hope u guys understand and keep supporting this fic. And please forgive me if there's any grammar or spelling mistake in this chapter. I didn't edit it.

Vote! Comment! Subscribe!