[Chapter 3] Who, Me?

The warmth of your shadow.

As you sit in the back of the taxi cab, you grin so much that even the driver starts laughing at you. You seriously cannot believe your luck. In the whole 19 years of your life, you have had no luck with meeting anyone at all in England, however, two hours in Korea you haven't even left the airport before you have met the most handsome young man you have ever set eyes on, who is an idol in the new rookie group, VIXX. Not to mention the fact that something about you caught his attention and he did not leave your side until you were in the taxi on the way to your hotel. This just doesn't feel real. Not at all. As the taxi bustles its way through the busy streets of Seoul, you admire and begin taking photos of the scene from the back seat. You relax into the chair and start laughing to yourself. You couldn't be any more happy. How wrong you could have been. When you arrive at the hotel, a friendly faced man dressed in a sharp navy blue suit smiles at you and states your name. Huh? How does he know my name? I haven't booked in yet? You step towards him, but he bends down and takes your bags for you, beckoning you to follow him inside the hotel. 

You walk through the doors and nearly faint at the sight. It's the most beautiful hotel you have ever seen. It definitely does not look like the photos you saw on the website. Hmm. The sharp suited man comes to your aid again. To your surprise, he speaks English. "Mr. Cha has arranged for you, one of our finest. Please follow me." He, what? Mr. Cha? Sudden realisation hits you. Oh. My. Gosh. Hakyeon did this? He doesn't even know me! "Mr. Cha wishes you to be safe and comfortable here. Please, stay." The sharp suited man then leaves your hotel room. You begin to laugh. You seriously cannot believe it. You notice that the sharp suited man has left your room key on the table and you pick it up to admire it. Wow. You wander around the hotel room and begin to unpack your belongings. Shortly after unpacking, your stomach grumbles and you take note on how hungry you really are. Maybe I should find somewhere to eat. With that, you leave the hotel room and wander down the corridor to the lift. You press the down button and wait. As the lift arrives, a large group of businessmen step out of the lift. They all look at you and nod their heads before rushing off down the corridor. Whoa. Everyone seems so polite here. You get into the lift and press the ground button. You scan the lift and gasp at how beautifully decorated the lift is. Even the lifts are magnificent! The lift silently and lightly touches the ground and with a soft bing, the doors open. You smile at the busy receptionist as he looks at you briefly whilst attending a customer. He returns your smile. As you reach the doors, however, you heard your name. "_____-ah!" You stop and turn around, and there he is, inall his magnificence. Hakyeon. 

"Who, me?" You ask, stupidly. He did just call YOUR name, you think to yourself. He nods and smiles.

You gaze in awe at the beautiful man striding towards you. He is dressed so casually, so coolly. Wow, he's even more handsome in person. "Hey. I wanted to apologize for startling you at the airport this morning." He smiles at you, and you melt a little inside. Wait, he speaks English?! Oh! 

"Oh. You didn't startle me, I just-" He cuts you off.

"Are you hungry? I'm starving. Let's eat." He smiles a wide, perfect-teeth smile at you. Oh that's not fair, how can I resist that?

"I'd be delighted." He puts his arm around you, but this time, he holds your waist and pulls you a little closer to him as he leads you out of the building.

*

The waitress stares at you from across the room. You can tell by the look on her face, she is envious. Well who can blame her, take a look at the perfection that is sitting opposite you. Yes, he's still there with you. And to your surprise, he is overly interested in you. 

"What made you decide to visit Korea?" He has asked you so many questions about yourself, you have to giggle, and you can't stop. He laughs too. "You have such a lovely laugh." You almost choke on air. Hakyeon just complimented me! oh my.... You blush. He stares at you in awe, but you can't read his expression. After a while, you answer his question. With difficulty, you blurt out, "because of you." You look down at your hands and then slowly look up. your face relaxes a little bit when you see he is still smiling. You giggle and he begins to laugh too. You spend the rest of the evening chatting and laughing. You both get along like a house on fire. 

*

After what feels like weeks in the restaurant, you get up to leave. He pays, and you begin to complain, but he puts his hand on your face and laughs. You push it away and laugh too. He is so cool and, normal. I don't want to leave. Your face drops a little and he notices. "Everything ok?" He bows his head a little to look into your face. 

"Yeah" you reply. He seems ok with that and gestures you to leave with him. You stand outside and he looks at you. He smiles apologetically. 

"I've got to go. I've got important rehearsals. I'm really sorry." Just then, a cab pulls up beside the pair of you. He offers his arm out for you to get into the cab. He speaks to the driver in Korean and you don't understand any of it. Just as you close the door, Hakyeon stops it. 

"You'll be ok, won't you?" You can't find your voice all of a sudden, so you just nod. He looks hurt. He aplogises again and bows, closing the door after. You roll down the window and smile at him. "Bye bye ____."

You think quickly, and say in Korean, "Thankyou Hakyeon. Goodbye." He looks up in shock. He breaks out into a broad smile. Gosh, he really is too beautiful. You wave and he seems happier as he waves back when the cab pulls away. You stare out of the back window at the Hakyeon that is growing smaller, and a part of you dies inside. Little did you realise this is not the last time you will be seeing Hakyeon, this is just the beginning.

*