[Chapter 2] The other side of the world

The warmth of your shadow.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, the plane touches down. A combination of feelings are rushing through your body like a coursing river. You feel scared but your excitement is over powering. Panic runs through your mind, but confidence knocks it away. I'm finally here! You can't stop smiling, your jaw is aching. You're not even off the plane yet! Quickly, you gather up your phone, food and tickets and shove them into your shoulder bag. You stand up and join the queue of people trying to get off the plane. You travel down the passage off the plane and into the airport. You can't keep yourself from beaming when you notice how far you've made it without any problems. Pride streams through you, this was easier than I thought. You brush past many people who are milling about. Anxious to find your luggage and get on your way, you make your way across the floor to the luggage belts. It takes a while, and people have been and gone collecting theirs, and you begin to panic as you cannot find your luggage. It's not here. You check again. No, it's definitely not here. A wave of paranoia surges through you as you begin rummaging through other people's bagging to desperately find your own. People are beginning to move away and after a while, you're still there without your luggage and beginning to get upset. Suddenly, a loud scream wipes away your panic. What on earth was that? More screaming and many young girls are running down the airport to the side you have just come from. You wish not to get caught in all the mad rush, I just want to find my stuff! Then you spot another luggage belt. You feel a wave of relief wash through you as you walk as fast as you can over to the second luggage belt. Again, you begin scanning for your luggage. There it is! I can see it! Sure enough, your bag is rolling down the luggage belt. You scramble past a group of tall security men and grab your bag and you manage to yank it off the belt. Finally, I can get going. 

You walk towards the exit, armed with all your luggage. It is only then, when you realise that you're missing another bag. You came with three bags and you only have two. I did wonder why my luggage felt so light. Just then, you feel a hand tapping your shoulder, and as you turn around you gasp. There, right infront of you, stood Hakyeon. Surely you must be dreaming. I've only been here for about 2 hours, and I've found him already. You giggle nervously to yourself. He's smiles at you. You try to speak, but nothing comes out except from a pathetic squeak. He laughs. "Sorry miss, but, you've got my bag." He's speaking in Korean and you can't understand it. You heard him say sorry, but you aren't sure why. He smiles at you again, waiting for you to hand the bag over. You scan through your memory of how to inform him you can't understand, but you can't think. Of course you can't think, Hakyeon is standing barely a foot or so away from you!

You stutter and speak in English, "Erm, sorry, what did you say?" He looks puzzled for a moment, and then smiles that dazzling smile once again. 

"Bag. is mine." He says in English. Oh! Crap. Suddenly you remember how to say sorry. You apologize, curtsy and hand him back his bag. He laughs at you and puts his hand on your shoulder. "Thank you." He bows his head and turns away. No! Don't leave me! Please! It's almost as if he heard you, because he turns back to you and says something. You misheard, again. Oh come on! I spent hours revising this, why do I forget it all now?! And with that, you understood. He asked you if he can be any help. 

"Yes" you reply with a nerous smile. "I've lost my bags." He laughs again. He beckons you to come with him, and when you nod, he puts his arm over your shoulder and guides you away.

*