CHAPTER 9: Something Seems Wrong

MISERABLE LIFE

 


It's been days since the incident with Kris happened. HyeMi avoided him all throughout those days. She has been keeping distance from anywhere and anyone that is involved with him, even Luhan and Suho. Though Hyemi feels bad about hiding from them, she has no choice. It's the only way she could get through a day alive. She avoided their calls, messages and even when they call her at school, she would just ran away like a criminal on loose or hide like a most wanted thief.

Since she was busy trying to find a way to avoid Kris, she also forgot that their wedding is approaching. There are only 3 days left for both of them to be free, or it's just her. Once she lives with him, she'll be living a hell like life.

She's been asking Yumi, the only one she could lean for a moment for her best friend Hyesung is busy with school, for advices. She couldn't bother Hyesung with her problems and sentiments because both of them give a lot of value for studies. She would always spend all her spare time with Yumi. Yumi told her that Kris can never touch her or hurt her when they get married because she will make sure that she'll check on her everytime. 

YOUR POV

3 days, that's all the days left for me to enjoy my life. Yumi unnie and I have already made plans on how to spend those 3 days. I've also asked my mother if I could sleep at her house while preparing for the wedding. She also asked me why would I want that, well I gave her some reasons like; I need to get used of not sleeping on my bed, I need to get used to new environment and I need to get used without them around.

Now, the 1st of those 3 days, I'm waiting here in the airport for my brother. He's coming home from New York for the wedding. He's been doing well there. He is currently finishing his master's degree in business administration. When he knew I was getting married, he felt excited. But when I told him I was getting married with a Wu, Kris Wu to be exact, he got worried. I got curious by his reaction. Well, when he knew who I was going to marry, he immediately booked a flight back home. I'm starting to question everything that's happening around me lately. 

Suddenly I remembered Yumi unnie talking to Sungmin oppa when I stayed at her house before. It seems like they were arguing about something. But I just shrugged the idea off, they couldn't be doing anything bad right?.

The announcement that the plane from New York's arrival could be heard all over the place. I rushed towards the gate where my brother would be coming out. I instantly waved my hands up at him the moment I saw him. He looks more awesome than before. I must admit, he really looks handsome. Sometimes, I even ask myself, am I really the sibling of this beautiful creature.

When he saw me waving at him, he ran towards me pulling me into a very tight hug. He must have really missed in those 3 weeks he's been away from home. Well, I must say, I missed him too. I know that when he was only there when my parents announced about the arranged marriage, he would really take my side.

As we pulled from the hug, he tucked my hair behind my ear and then he looked at me.

"I really missed my baby sister so much." He said pulling me again for a hug.

"Yeah like you've just went away for 3 weeks oppa. 3 weeks." I reminded him.

"I know, but you know that you are the only best friend I have. Even my guy friends doesn't completely know and understand me. Only you."

"i know, I know, now lets go home. Everyones waiting for you at home. Even Yumi unnie is there" i said emphasizing the fact that unnie is there too.

yeah. My bother has a crush on her since they were just in kindergarten.

"Chincha??? Kaja!!!!"

With that we halted a cab and went straight home.

Upon arriving at our house, everyone was really busy preparing for my brother's arrival. Well, for the information of everyone, my family likes to so much whenever something is up. Whether it's simple, like my brother coming home after 3 weeks of being a way, my family would really make sure to exert effort.

 

When we both reach the living room, we were greeted by few people, people close to us. There was Hyesung and her parents, my brother's friends, Yumi unnie and the Wu's. I noticed that my bother was not really okay with the sight of the Wu family inside our house. 

He's been acting really weird ever since I told him about the marriage thing. I thought

I immediately went to Hyesung and her family to greet them. I didn't even bother to look at the Wus. Just the mere presence of Kris makes me shiver out of fear. 

After the meal, Hyesung and I went off with Yumi unnie since both of us are staying at her place until the wedding, while her parents will be staying at home. We chatted the whole after till' night time.  I told her everything that had happened, when I say 'everything', I mean everything. 

While we still in our heated conversation, Hyesung's phone rang. She went out of the room to take it leaving me at the balcony gazing at the beautiful starry sky. Looking at that sight mede me feel at ease. After savoring the sight of the sky, I looked around the neighborhood. While I was looking around, something suddenly caught my attention. Sungmin oppa's car is outside. I saw him leaning on his car while patiently waiting for something. I was about to call him when I heard Yumi unnie call him. 

'I can really smell something fishy between them'. I murmured.

I can see that they were talking about something serious. It also seems like they are whispering to each other trying not to let people hear them.

I was intently looking at them when another thing was caught by eyes. I saw a familiar car halting outside the house a few meters away from my brother's car. Then two familiar figures went out of it.

wait, is that Luhan and Suho? i asked myself.

I suddenly remembered Suho is Hyesung's cousin. He must probably be the one who called Hyesung a while ago. I hid behind the sliding door so that they wouldn't notice me. I saw Hyesung Hyesung running towards them. Like what Yumi unnie and oppa is doing, Hyesung, Luhan and Suho are also engrossed in a very serious conversation.

Then I saw another car stop just behind my brother's car. A tall guy came out of it. His blonde hair made me think he was Kris. When I looked closer, it was really Kris. 

Why is that bastard here? I said to myself.

He calmly approached my bother and Yumi unnie. Before saying anything, he looked towards my direction saying that he knows I'm watching. Just by looking at him made me really scared at him. I noticed that my brother is already pointing a finger at him. My brother only points finger at people  when he's completely mad. I was just looking at everything that's happening.

After a couple of minutes, I saw Luhan and Suho driving away. At the other side of the scene, I saw both Kris and my brother going inside their cars then they both drove away. When I noticed that the two girls were one their way back inside the house, I slip inside the sheets of the bed then pretended I was sleeping. I heard the door creaking open, a sign that Hyesung was making her way inside the room slowly. She also went under the sheets and slept. 

After thinking of what I just saw, a lot of things bothered me. Why is my brother talking to Yumi unnie? Why are they even talking to Kris? Are  they hiding something from me? Why was Suho and Luhan here? What did they talked about with Hyesung? Why did hyesung told them to come here when I already told what's happening?

Urg! now everyone around me is driving me nuts! I mentally screamed.

Now I'm really confused and curious.........I've decided to let things be for a while......and then I drifted to sleep


Crappy Chapter.................

Well, ????? comments will be appreciated