Donghae

Super Junior One Shots

 

You linked arms with Donghae. “It’s so wonderful outside.” You took a deep breath, inhaling the cool fall air.

Donghae grinned. “I know. I’m glad it’s been like this today,” he said. “I’ve been wanting to come with you to the park for a while.”

Shaking your head, you looked up at him. “You’ve been saying that forever, but it’s always been way too hot. I’m just glad it’s almost October. So it’s nice outside,” you said.

He shrugged. “I don’t care what the weather is like,” he said. “When I’m with you, it is always perfect outside.”

You blushed and squeezed his arm. “You’re just saying that,” you mumbled. It was funny. You and Donghae had been dating for a while now, but you could never seem to get used to his nonstop compliments.

“No,” Donghae said, eyes wide in earnest. “It could be pouring down rain right now, and I’d be happy to be out here because I’m with you. I don’t know what it is, but you always make me so unbelievably happy.”

“I don’t think I’m ever happier than when I’m with you,” you said, a smile tugging at the corner of your lips.

“Well, how about I make you even happier?” Donghae said, switching to hold your hand.

You laughed. “I don’t think that’s possible.”

“So food wouldn’t make you any happier?” he suggested, his grin never leaving his face.

“Okay,” you acceded. “Maybe food would make me even happier.”

He laughed. “See, I know you better than you think,” he said and pointed toward a street vendor right on the edge of the park. “Let’s get some fish cakes!”

Your face lit up. You loved fish cakes. “Fine, but you had better let me eat some this time. Last time we got fish cakes, you ate almost all of mine, and I didn’t have anymore money on me to get more!” you protested, trying to keep up with Donghae’s pace. He was practically running.

“Okay, okay, you’ll get your own, and I’ll get some for myself,” he agreed.

As you reached the cart, your senses were overwhelmed with the delicious aroma and warmth of the food. You closed your eyes and inhaled. You shivered as a crisp breeze hit you. “It looks so good,” you commented, feeling your mouth watering.

Donghae laughed and turned to the ahjumma. “Three orders of fish cakes please,” he asked.

“Why three? There’s only two of us!” you exclaimed.

“Because one isn’t enough for me, and you don’t want to share,” he said and poked his tongue out at you. He handed the woman some money, and she gave him the skewers. He immediately took a bite into his.

“Hey! You have to give me mine,” you said, reaching for one of them, but Donghae held it out of your grasp. You jumped but couldn’t seem to get it. “This isn’t fair! I want mine!”

Donghae grinned and took off in a sprint into the park. You chased after him, not quite as fast as him, but close behind. He weaved in and out of trees and kept turning back to make faces at you. And the whole time he kept eating his own fish cakes, just rubbing it in your face that you weren’t eating any.

“Lee Donghae, give me my fish cakes!” you yelled, closing in on him.

“No!” he said with a childish pout and picked up speed, leaving you behind again. He skipped around a few people.

At this point, some bystanders had noticed the two of you running around like children, but you didn’t care because this was actually kind of fun. You just hoped that Donghae wouldn’t end up eating your fish cakes again.

You stopped in your tracks, realizing you’d suddenly lost Donghae. He had been right in front of you in the crowd of kids, but now you couldn’t see him at all. “Okay, you had better not be eating my food!” you yelled into the air, not knowing where to look.

“And what if I am?” came a voice from behind you.

You turned around and tackled Donghae in a hug. He grunted, catching you but stumbling. The two of you fell backward to the ground. You heard yourself scream as Donghae wrapped his arms around you to cushion the fall.

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked, looking at you in concern.

You nodded then glanced at the ground and burst into laughter. The skewer had fallen in the grass.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, holding you to his body.

“You didn’t eat my fish cakes,” you said.

He laughed. “I told you I wouldn’t. You didn’t believe me?”

“No,” you said with a chuckle, snuggling into his arms.

“Well, I’m sorry I dropped them,” he said, fingers in your hair.

You laughed again. “It’s okay because you didn’t eat them,” you said and kissed him on the lips.

“I’ll get you another,” he said, breath tickling your cheek.

Succeeding in detangling yourself from him, you sat up. “It’s okay. We’ll get some again another time,” you said, getting to your feet. “This was fun even if I didn’t get to eat them.”

“This was fun, wasn’t it?” Donghae grinned brushed grass off his jeans as he too stood up. “Well, just remind me next time that I owe you fish cakes.” He picked a leaf out of your head. “So now what are we going to do?”

“Let’s go to the beach!” you said suddenly. “We can watch the sunset.”

Donghae tilted his head. “You don’t think it’s too cold?” he asked.

“I thought the weather was always perfect when we’re together,” you protested with a grin.

He laughed. “Alright, you got me. Let’s go to the beach.” Your fingers interlaced with his, you walked to the street to catch a cab.

You soon found yourself cuddled against Donghae in the backseat of a taxi heading east toward Incheon. You sighed, leaning on his chest. “This has been a great day,” you said, “with lunch before then the park and now the beach. I don’t think anything could make it better.”

Donghae kissed the top of your head. “Nothing could,” he murmured in agreement.

After short ride, you found yourselves on a completely deserted beach. The sun was already beginning to set when you ran out toward the water, kicking up sand behind you. Donghae paid the cab fare and caught up, standing beside you.

The wind was stronger on the ocean, and you shivered involuntarily. Donghae wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you toward his warm body. “I told you it was too cold,” he said. His voice sent chills through your already cold body.

You pouted. “But it’s so pretty!” you said, looking up at the sky. The clouds were a stunning array of purple, orange and crimson, and the sun skimmed the horizon, a ball of gold fire. “The sunset is so beautiful,” you breathed in awe.

“Not as beautiful as you,” Donghae said, kissing your cheek gently.

Your cheeks reddened, but you smiled, feeling Donghae’s arms tighten around you protectively against the wind. Everything was perfect.