Leeteuk

Super Junior One Shots

“You don’t have to meet me here after classes,” Leeteuk said as he came out of the dance room. “I know it’s a little far for you, and we can always meet halfway or something.” He slung his bag over his shoulder and hugged you.

You smiled. “It’s okay,” you said, checking over his shoulder if Sungmin had come out yet. “I like coming here. The train ride over is always fun because it’s long and gives me time to do nothing for once.”

Leeteuk grinned and opened the door for you. “Well, let’s go. What do you want to—”

Just then, Sungmin came out the door, talking with some other guys from the class. He looked tired. His hair stuck to his forehead, and his skin was slick with sweat. But he’d never looked better.

You walked behind him, squeezing by Leeteuk but barely registering that he was walking next to you and talking to you. Instead, you watched as Sungmin talked with his friends. You were always so mesmerized by the way he carried himself and just moved. He was beautiful.

Sungmin parted ways with them with a wave and turned a corner toward the train station.

“Hello? Are you listening to me?” Leeteuk asked, shaking you lightly.

You shook your head, snapping back to attention. “Sorry,” you said sheepishly. “I was kind of zoned out.”

“Yeah, you were staring at Sungmin,” Leeteuk noted.

You blushed and nudged him with your elbow, shushing him to make sure that Sungmin couldn’t hear even though he was really far away. “Maybe.”

“I bet he’s the reason you come every week to meet me after dance class,” Leeteuk said.

“Not the only reason,” you said emphatically. “I mean, I do like going to eat with you and hanging out with you, too, you know. You are my best friend. Speaking of eating, where are we going?”

Leeteuk laughed. “If you’d been paying attention instead of staring at Sungmin like such a creeper, you would have heard me say that I wanted to get pizza today.” He motioned toward the sign as you arrived at the restaurant.

You blushed again. “Sorry again.” You shoved your hands in your pocket and followed Leeteuk inside. You sat down across from him in a booth. “Leeteuk, I have a question.”

“Sure, what is it?” he asked.

“Could you introduce me to Sungmin?” you asked.

“Don’t you think that’s a little forward?” Leeteuk countered. “I mean, he is a friend and all, but we’re not that close. And I don’t want to make things awkward for him or me or you.”

“Well, then, maybe you can help me get to know him. We should start to invite him to eat with us so that we can all get closer, and it won’t be so weird since you’ll be there,” you suggested.

Leeteuk sipped his water. “Why do you want to meet Sungmin so badly?” he asked. “I know I’ve told you about him, but what’s with the sudden interest in actually meeting him?”

“I kind of like him. I mean, you already knew that I was attracted to him, but I just get this feeling that if I got to know him we would click,” you admitted shyly. You looked down at your drink. “Then, maybe we could go on a date.  It just feels so weird to stare at this guy because I think he’s really cute and sounds so great from everything you tell me and not meet him. So please, Leeteuk?” you asked, eyes wide in plea.

He sighed, not looking at you. “Fine. I’ll invite him next week, but only if I get to pick where we eat again,” he said. His voice sounded weirdly sad, but it didn’t really register.

You just nodded. “Deal.”

~

You practically skipped as you walked toward the dance studio.

The whole week had consisted of you being ridiculously excited and constantly reminding Leeteuk about it. It was getting out of hand, and Leeteuk had gotten mad at you a few times for never shutting up about it, but you couldn’t help it. You were head over heels for Sungmin, and you couldn’t wait to really get to know him.

You looked at your watch. You had arrived fifteen minutes early because you were so nervous. Even when getting ready, you had changed three times and actually wore make-up and did your hair differently. You really wanted Sungmin to like you, and your first impression was essential to that.

You glanced at your reflection in the glass of the building before entering. You knew you looked good, but at the same time you weren’t sure if it was good enough. You smoothed your hair and adjusted your shirt, feeling the nerves getting worse. You were practically shaking as you sat down outside of the entrance.

The next fifteen minutes were the longest of your life. You jiggled your foot anxiously and played around with your phone, wondering if the dance class was ever going to end. Suddenly, the door opened, and you felt your heart tighten in your chest. You stood up and took a deep breath, trying your hardest to stay cool.

~

But you couldn’t.

You let out a deep sigh as you watched Sungmin walk away. He didn’t even turn around to wave or anything.

Dinner had been a disaster. Well, maybe that was an exaggeration, but you were entitled to your overstatements when your chances with him were shot. You had tried way too hard to impress him that it was obvious and thus awkward.

As soon as Sungmin turned the corner, you turned to Leeteuk. “Leeeee-teuuuuk!” you whined, hugging him. “Why am I so awkward? I bet Sungmin thinks I’m such a weirdo.”

“If I wasn’t your best friend, even I’d think you were a weirdo after that dinner, but don’t worry because you still have me,” he said, patting your back reassuringly.

“But I wanted Sungmin,” you whined again.

Leeteuk pulled away. “Ouch.” He rubbed his chest. “That hurt me,” he said. “Here.” He indicated his heart.

You nudged him. “Hey, I’m the one whose chances at love just disappeared. Kaput. Gone. Just like that,” you said.

He sighed and shook his head. “Do you want to go to your favorite cafe and drown your feelings in coffee like we did after your last break-up?” he suggested. “It’s right around the corner.”

You grinned and nodded. “You know me so well, Teuk.”

“I do, don’t I?” he mumbled, leading the way.

Neither spoke as you walked to the cafe. You were lost in your feelings, and Leeteuk must have been thinking about something as well to be so quiet.

You sat down at a table as Leeteuk went off to order. Sungmin was such a nice guy, and he’d been so gracious to entertain Leeteuk’s invite to eat. He had a great sense of humor and told jokes to lighten the mood. He even feigned interest in you, but it was obvious that he was just trying to dispel the awkwardness.

“Here,” Leeteuk said, handing you a cup.

You sipped it with a smile. “Mmm. My favorite. Thank, Teukie!”

He nodded and sipped his own drink.

“Are you okay?” you asked. “You’ve been really quiet this entire time. Is something going on? I feel selfish for not asking earlier.”

Leeteuk shook his head. “I’m just tired,” he said.

You nodded and kept drinking the warm coffee.

Neither of you said anything still.

Suddenly, Leeteuk slammed his cup down. “Okay, I can’t keep this to myself anymore,” he said. “I like you. As more than a friend. I have for a while now, and I just couldn’t say anything because I thought you were interested in Sungmin, and then you had to go and confirm it last week. It’s why I’ve been so quiet.”

He fell silent for a moment.

“I just don’t know what to do with myself because I’ve loved you for so long. Probably ever since we got caught in the rain after getting locked out of your parents’ house four years ago. I started to notice everything about you: your smile, the way your nose crinkles when you laugh, and the way you tie your shoelaces. Maybe I’m just crazy, but I thought there might actually have been something between us.”

You stared, not knowing what to do. Leeteuk liked you. Scratch that. He loved you.

He sighed and stood up. “I should go. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” He grabbed his jacket and bag and turned to leave, but something in you urged you to stop him.

“Don’t.” You reached out and grasped his hand.

He turned around and looked down at your hands then up at you.

“You’re not crazy,” you said softly. “I used to have the biggest crush on you.” You sighed. “I actually dated my last ex to get over you, which was probably why it failed. I can’t say that I love you the way you said to me, but I know I don’t love Sungmin. I don’t know him at all, not the way I know you. So please just wait for me. We can make this work. I just need you to be patient.”

Leeteuk fell silent for a beat. “I’ll wait.”

You smiled and squeezed his hand. “I wish I’d known.”

He chuckled. “How do you think I feel?” He intertwined his fingers with yours and brought your hands up to his lips. He brushed them on your fingers and gave you a reassuring smile. Things were not just going to be okay. They were going to be great, and it was all because of Leeteuk.