04

A Smile Only For You

The next day, Wajeena paused a bit before setting foot into the café; wondering what kind of expression she should show after their previous awkward night.

Taking a deep breath and deciding to just go with the flow, she opened the door and walked in. She expected to see Eunhyuk bouncing towards her as usual, following to her booth - but he was nowhere to be seen.

Frowning, she looked around and spotted her brother.

“Peyker, where’s Hyuk?”

“Beats me,” he smirked. He gave her a hug and walked off to serve the customer behind her.

wajeena reached her booth, and was surprised to see a single tealight candle floating in a beautiful bowl on the table. Come to think of it, the restaurant was especially quiet and dim tonight.

She set her bags down on the seat, and noticed a folded piece of paper addressed to her. She opened it and started reading the neat handwriting.

“Turn to the left, and follow the arrows.” Was all it said.

She turned and sure enough, there was an arrow taped to the wall in front of her. She followed it and walked through the back of the restaurant. She passed the kitchen, the change rooms, and reached the staff room. On the door, there was a sign that said “YOU’VE ARRIVED, COME IN!” 

Hesitant, her fingers inched slowly towards the doorknob. Wajeena finally gathered the courage to push through and walked right into pitch black darkness.