Four.

Just One of Us

Sunlight streamed into your room. You stretched lazily on your bed and tried to open your eyes, but unfortunately both refused to budge. 

Today was a Friday and even though you had one class on Fridays, you saw Fridays as self-declared holidays. You decided to laze a while longer on your bed, maybe your eyes would cooperate then.
 
As you began drifting back into sleep, a buzzing noise sounded. You realized it was the sound of your phone vibrating on your side table. You still couldn’t open your eyes so you felt around till you found your mobile device.
 
“He-Hello?” 
 
“Hello?” you drawled groggily into your phone.
 
“Hey, this is Hoya. I got your number from Sungyeol.”
 
You bolted upright with your eyes wide open. “Oh, good morning.”
 
“Morning?”
 
You looked at the clock. It said ‘13:05’. You smacked yourself in the forehead. Now he was going to think you were a sloth for lazing in till afternoon. 
 
“Oh, sorry, late night. Lost track of time. What’s up?” You tried inject as much enthusiasm into your voice as possible. 
 
“You know our date’s tonight right?”
 
Your eyes scanned the calendar in front of your bed. You had written ‘Play with Hoya’ in black ink. You rolled your eyes at the pun; you hadn’t realized it when you first wrote it down. “Yes, right. Of course I remember.”
 
“I managed to get the car from my parents… So…  I’ll pick you up?”
 
“Great!” you exclaimed. You gave him your address and he promised to pick you up at six. You found out 
 
By the end of your conversation, your heart rate had accelerated considerably. You caught sight of your reflection in the mirror hanging next to your table and you liked what you saw – a very bright smile. 
***
 
You stared at the huge lump of clothes on your bed. Nothing seemed to work. The pile on the left was too girly, the one on the left was too over-the-top and the centre pile was too casual.
 
Hoya had mentioned that the play would be held outdoors, meaning you had to dress light. No skirts, no dresses. But you didn't like wearing pants and shorts seemed way too casual for a first date.
 
You flopped onto your bed on top of the clothes. "I give up!"
 
"You wish."
 
You rolled off the bed and came face to face with three pairs of legs. You looked up. "Oh hello. What are you guys doing here? I'm supposed to go out with Hoya, remember?"
 
"Precisely why we're here." Woohyun pointed the clothes on your bed. "To make sure you actually make progress."
 
“Where’s Sunggyu and Dongwoo?” 
 
Woohyun shook his finger at you. “Don’t change the topic.”
 
Sungyeol nodded and started picking up random pieces of clothing around the room. "I know it's a girl thing to be fashionably late, but at this rate, the play would be over when you finally decide what to wear."
 
"It's pointless," you whined. "If I can't pick anything out, none of you can."
 
"Who said we were going to do it?" Myungsoo wondered out loud. 
 
Before you could probe further, a lanky blond figure appeared at your door. "Hello darling," he said with a wave.
 
Your jaw dropped. "Lee Sungjong.”
 
“Otherwise known as stylist extraordinaire.” He sauntered in and pulled you up from the bed.  “Time to get up! No time to waste! We only have five more hours to show time!”
 
The three guys attempted to stifle their grins as they watched Sungjong move through your room with unparalleled speed, tossing clothes in various directions and offering snippets of advice.
 
You sighed and gestured for them to go out as you got ready to try out Sungjong’s suggested pieces. Five hours suddenly seemed like a long stretch. 
 
***
 
It was a cool, windy night last winter. You had just ended your examinations and desperately wanted to unwind.  Woohyun and Myungsoo had somehow managed to talk you to going with them to a Friday night party at Club Eden, Gangnam’s most prestigious club. 
 
While clubbing wasn’t really your thing, you had heard of Club Eden and didn’t mind checking out the place. You were there to help Woohyun’s girlfriend keep an eye on him as well as to be Myungsoo’s date for the evening. He was newly-single and he didn’t really want to deal with girls throwing themselves at him, which tended to happen a lot. 
 
The night wore on and you were teetering on the brink of being completely wasted as a result of too many Tequila shots and Jagerbombs. 
 
“Let’s go to the dance floor!” you suggested. Both boys stared at you. You were never the type to initiate dancing on the dance floor. You preferred sitting by the bar, watching the crowd. You tugged at Myungsoo’s sleeve. “Come on!”
 
Myungsoo exchanged looks with Woohyun. The latter shrugged in return and put his arm around you, leading you to the dance floor. “The night is waiting for us!” 
 
“Wait up!” Myungsoo downed one last Tequila shot and weaved his way onto the dance floor. He was about to catch up with Woohyun and you when someone grabbed his arm. He attempted to shake the person’s hand off when the person whispered in his ear.
 
“Myungsoo!” you called out to him, realizing he had gotten himself into a rut. You pushed past the crowd and latched yourself onto his other free arm. “He’s taken.”
 
You studied the other party from top-to-toe. Blond hair, tall, slender, delicate features but a bit too flat-chested.
 
The person laughed. “I wasn’t interested anyway. I was just complimenting him on his suit.”
 
Myungsoo laughed along and messed up your hair. 
 
Your cheeks starting flushing and you were sure it wasn’t from drinking too much alcohol. Your embarrassment only increased when the person tilted her head back to take a swig from the beer bottle, and you realized that she was actually…a he.
 
***
 
After a grueling four hours of changing in and out of what seemed like a hundred different combinations, you were finally done. Sungjong made you do a little pirouette for the boys to show off his efforts.
 
You were dressed in a navy playsuit and an oversized cream knit top, because even though summer was soon arriving, the nights could still get pretty chilly. You wondered why you hadn’t thought of calling Sungjong earlier; he was a genius! 
 
The playsuit was suitable for sitting cross-legged on the floor, yet it wasn’t too casual. And the cream top spruced up the ensemble perfectly.
 
“Now your hair.” Sungjong pushed you on the chair next to your table and began working on your hair. His hands moved swiftly and in a minute, you had a braid that went from the top-left side of the back of your head, to the bottom-right side. He smoothed down any stray strands before he tied a black ribbon to the end of the braid. 
 
Myungsoo let out a soft gasp. “Lee Sungjong, words cannot express how amazing you are.”
 
Sungjong grinned and flicked his fringe. “How about showing your appreciation by going out with me?”
 
The rest laughed as Myungsoo nearly fell off the bed. “I-I have a girlfriend. And you know very well I love girls too much.”
 
“I was kidding.”
 
“I knew that,” Myungsoo said quickly, his face turning crimson.  
 

A/N: Chapter 4 is served! And we finally see maknae. I will be away for a short weekend camp so updates will probably come after that. And hello to my new suscribers! I hope you like what you're reading! (: