Cry So Hard Your Tears Leave Scars

Monarchs Taking Flight

                B-Bomb wasn’t exactly known as the best driver on the planet. He was decent, but most people could tell right off the bat that he was a reckless speeder, one of those annoying drivers who tailed you just to speed up and swerve in and out of lanes around you. Today was no exception to this, and his bad habits were in full force as he got up to 80 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone. Normally anyone in his car would have been terrified for their life, but everyone in the car was a little pre-occupied.

                P.O was staring at the back seat where Taeil and Zico sat, Zico curled into Taeil as the shorter of the two rubbed his back and cooed him like a mother chasing away nightmares. P.O frowned as he watched them and wished he could have been a miracle worker. He wanted to have the ability to just fix this right now, but he knew that was a hopeless dream. The only noise in the car other than Taeil’s calm cooing was Zico’s choked sobs. Each sob showed his pain, asked the question, “Why me?” and even the uncaring B-Bomb found his heart breaking as he tried to concentrate on the road in front of him.

                “Minhyuk..” Taeil broke the silence with a small plea, looking in the rear-view mirror to catch B-Bomb’s eyes as he spoke to him. “Please hurry.. How long until we get there..? I’m worried..” Taeil whimpered just a bit, pressing his face into Zico’s blond locks of spikey, yet soft hair as he let his eyes shut.

                B-Bomb frowned at the quiet plea and answered the only thing that he could think of. “I know you’re worried, Tae.. We all are. We’ll be there soon, I promise..” As soon as he shut his mouth, he gripped the steering wheel a little harder, growled a small, almost silent but deadly sounding growl, and upped his already 80 mile per hour speed to 90 miles per hour, chasing down the two-lane road without mercy.

                But as he was burning rubber, Lee Minhyuk and his good intentions failed to notice the cop trap in the road, and a cop hiding in the grass to the side of the road tagged him and radioed his friend. “We have a red Nissan GT-R speeding your way going 90.”

                “Copy that,” his partner answered, and just as he did, the small red car flew by the awaiting cop car at breakneck speed, and the waiting cop pulled onto the road and flicked his lights and sirens on behind an unknowing B-Bomb.

                He was going so fast he’d almost already lost the cop, but the cop car was able to speed up and catch up with him, and P.O was the first to notice the sirens. He was already facing the back seat looking at Taeil and Zico, and he quietly said, “….umm….B-Bomb….?” His eyes widened as he watched the cop chasing them.

                B-Bomb was so focused that he didn’t even hear the sirens blaring behind him, and he said with an exasperated sigh, “What, P.O?” continuing to concentrate on the road in front of him.

                P.O’s voice got a little more panicked and it was at this point that Taeil noticed and he furrowed his eyebrows at his boyfriend. “What’s wrong, P.O..?” he asked quietly, and he turned around to see whatever P.O was seeing and caught sight of the blue flashing lights behind them.

                “I said what P.O?” B-Bomb growled a little, getting angry at the lack of an answer. But it wasn’t P.O who answered him. Instead it was Taeil, whose voice once again reached maximum panic for the third time today.

                “Uhhhhhh Minhyuk there’s a cop behind us! He’s got his sirens on and his lights are flashing!” Taeil said frantically, clutching a little closer to Zico.

                As soon as the words were out of his mouth, B-Bomb’s eyes widened and he looked in his rear-view mirror. “.” The one word rang through the small car and B-Bomb narrowed his eyes. Instead of pulling over, however, he did just the opposite. He kept driving, pushing his speed up to 95, knuckles turning white from how hard he clutched the steering wheel.

                P.O whimpered a bit. “B-Bomb shouldn’t you pull over?”

                B-Bomb growled loudly at this and yelled, though it wasn’t aimed at P.O. “LIKE HELL I’M PULLING OVER THAT CAN KISS MY .”

                Taeil’s eyes widened. “But Minhyuk he—“ Taeil was suddenly cut off by the other.

               “NO,” B-Bomb almost screeched. “HE CAN EAT MY BURNING RUBBER FOR ALL I CARE BUT I AM NOT PULLING THIS CAR OVER. THERE IS A CRYING, BLEEDING BOY IN MY BACKSEAT AND I’M ING RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM SO HE CAN JUST ING KISS MY .”

               The mentioned Zico wasn’t even aware of the situation. He was in too much pain and his ears were ringing and his nose hurt like a and his leg was swelling and he was bleeding too much and he was slowly losing consciousness through his tears and loss of blood.

               Thankfully for Zico, B-Bomb wasn’t planning on stopping at any red lights either, and as he zoomed down a hill and hit a speed bump the car went temporarily airborne before crashing back into the ground in the middle of the intersection, where B-Bomb, unphased, kept driving angrily toward the hospital.

               By now the cop had called for backup since B-Bomb hadn’t pulled over, and there were already three cop cars giving him chase down the widening road. Thankfully for them all, the hospital was right around the corner, and B-Bomb swerved his car at a 90-degree angle and drove right towards the double doors to the lobby of the emergency room. Right as he was about to crash right through the lobby, he pulled the clutch into park and swerved the car again at another 90-degree angle. The car came to a full, abrupt stop parallel to the hospital doors, about two feet from the entrance itself. P.O’s side was closer to the doors, and B-Bomb didn’t bother turning off the car before quickly taking off his seatbelt and exiting the car.

               P.O did the same, and pulled his seat forward. “Taeil, get out I’ll grab Zico.” Taeil didn’t have to be told twice, and he scrambled out of the car right as the cops pulled up and halted their cars, to which they also quickly exited, guns at the ready.

               “Put your hands up,” one of them called, but the three passengers weren’t paying any attention to the cops at this point, and instead P.O ducked into the car and unbuckled Zico. Zico at this point was pretty much lifeless, fading in and out of consciousness as the remaining tears within him escaped silently, no more sobs to be heard.

               P.O put his arms around Zico and pulled him completely out of the car bridal style with his strong arms, making it look way too easy. Taeil then slammed the door to the car shut and the three boys, still not paying attention to their pursuers, scurried into the hospital, P.O at a full run even with the slightly larger Zico in his arms.

               The three ran up to the closest nurse and B-Bomb went off like a rocket. “Please, you have to help us. He’s lost a lot of blood, someone at our college did this too him. We’re pretty sure he has a broken nose and his ankle’s swollen and he’s all cut up and I dunno what else is wrong but he’s fading fast. Please, please you have to help us.”

               The nurse’s eyes went wide as she looked toward P.O and Zico and gasped at the sight of him. She immediately dispatched some sort of emergency code and before Taeil could have said “fishies” there was a stretcher and three other nurses running down the hall towards them. The cops were behind them in the lobby, pointing their guns at the boys as they watched and didn’t seem to quite grasp the situation of why they were in the hospital.

               It wasn’t until P.O gingerly set Zico on the stretcher, laying his now unconscious form down to rest that the cops caught notice of Zico at all. All of them suddenly realized that, law or not, the three boys standing in front of them were trying to save their friend’s life, and slowly each of them lowered their guns to watch the scene in front of them silently.

               Zico was quickly wheeled away and a nurse told Taeil, P.O, and B-Bomb that they couldn’t follow them back and that they’d give them results as soon as they could. When she asked for his name, B-Bomb said, “Zico..his name’s Zico.”

               Taeil shook his head however and looked at the nurse. “That’s his nickname. His name is Woo Ji Ho. He’s a freshman at our college..and he told me on the way here that it was his birthday today..”

               At the news of his birthday being today, B-Bomb and P.O both went as wide-eyed as they had been earlier. P.O was the one who broke the following silence. “It’s…Zico’s birthday..?” his voice cracked at the realization and Taeil nodded wordlessly. The nurse then said a quick thank you for the information and departed, knowing that it would be smarter to leave them to handle this amongst themselves.

               For a good ten minutes after that, nobody moved, nobody talked, nobody even seemed to breathe. A mourning silence filled the air, louder than a passing train. It was a frustrated, tense silence where no one knew what to do or say, where to go from here, and it was all a waiting game now for poor Zico.

               At eleven minutes and thirty-seven seconds into their complete, stunned silence, however, Taeil broke the silence with a sob as he crashed to the floor on his knees, hugging his body as he shook. P.O responded immediately, dropping to the floor and bringing Taeil into his arms, snuggling into him and trying to assure him everything would be alright, even if it might never really be okay again.

               B-Bomb watched them silently before he let out another frustrated growl and fisted his hands in his hair. He started to walk back and forth in a pacing motion as he looked up at the ceiling. The cops still hadn’t moved from watching everything happening, and some of them realized that as a law they would all have to handle this case, but none of them wanted to be the that approached B-Bomb and told him he was getting a severe ticket for speeding and evading a police officer.

               They ultimately made the unanimous decision to simply stand and stare for now, looking like idiots as they watched B-Bomb pacing and Taeil crying in P.O’s arms. These college kids had just probably saved a life, in the officers’ eyes, and yet they were going to punish them by issuing a ticket with a severe fine? Some of them decided that they felt it wasn’t right to charge anyone for anything after the three had been heroes, so while the eyes were on the boys, some of the cops quickly and quietly slipped out of the hospital and into their cars, driving off as quietly as they could possibly manage.

               Taeil’s sobs continued to echo through the lobby as the shock of the day came crashing down around him in a pool of reality, and P.O could only do the best he could manage in the given situation. As B-Bomb continued to pace and let out a growl every once in a while, he stopped momentarily to look up at the clock and stare at the time.

               It was forty-nine minutes after two o’clock, and all there was left to do was wait…

--

Wow okay, that went differently than expected LOOOL. It's shorter than I had planned but I definitely wasn't planning on an action-film type cop chase down a two-lane highway. oTL

So..wow jesus I don't know what to say after this chapter. I'll probably write another chapter tonight, if not at least part of one.

This is a pretty intense little chapter, but I hope you're enjoying the story so far. C:

I took a nap today and I had a dream about Zico and B-Bomb and me that terrified me so if you'd like to read about it, you can here: http://fav.me/d5zhi1z

I don't like silent readers! SO if you like the story please give me a nice review or any sort of comment. I like to hear predictions and have discussions and make friends, so please don't hesitate to say something, anything! ;P If you think it needs improvement, even, give me a shout out and say, "Hey I think you need to do this!"