Thirst

BLOODLUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Hyeju got ready for classes. She called for Kai after dressing up, trying to wake him up.

When he didn't come out if the room, Hyeju slowly opened the closet and peeked inside. Kai was deep asleep. "Kai. Wake up. I made breakfast."

Still no movement.   After a few more attempts, he finally rubbed his eyes and yawned. Boy, was he hard to wake up. "Come on sleepyhead." She pat his shoulder and walked off.   Kai soon dragged himself off his bed and onto the dining table. He greeted Hyeju and sat down lazily. She noticed his eyes were back to normal but couldn't help that the dark brown color turned into a slightly lighter one. *Maybe it's the light.*   She gave him instructions on locking the doors, not to entertain strangers and how to operate the microwave, because hey, they surely didn't have those in Exoplanet right?   Kai groaned in slight annoyance. "I know that much at the least, thank you very much. Jeez. Stop nagging."   Sometimes, Kai really would act like a child even though he was a year older and Hyeju would suspect him of being a kid trapped in an adult's body.   But that aside, Hyeju furrowed her eyebrows before handing him the spare key to the apartment. "I can trust you right?"   "Of course, princess." He joked.   Hyeju scrunched up her nose hearing the cheesy nickname. "Then, I'm leaving. Be good!"   Kai cocked an eyebrow at the door which she just went through. *'Be good' she said. What am I, a ing dog?*   _____     "Hyeju-ah!"   Hyeju turned around and saw Kris walking towards her, not to mention the thousands of glares she got from his fangirls lining up in the hallway. "Nae?"   "Are you ready for the contest on Friday?" He asked. Hyeju shook her head and let out a nervous laugh. "Not really. But I'll try my best."   Kris gave her a pat on the shoulder, reassuring her it was gonna be fine. And before long, class started, interrupting their conversation.   Strangely enough, school passed by extra fast today and Hyeju found herself already on the bus towards home. She was eager to get her hands on that paintbrush and sharpen her skills for the event.   The front door opened with a click. It was a bit before six but Kai was nowhere to be found. *He must've gone to work.* She shrugged and started to paint sceneries of every kind, ranging from trees to mountains to oceans.   Before she knew it, the clock had almost struck midnight and decided it was time to sleep. Hyeju flicked the lights off. Then she heard a rumbling noise outside her door and flinched. *Kai?*    Hyeju cautiously approached the door but it opened before she could unlock it, revealing a slightly drunk Kai.   "You're back." She said and heaved a sigh of relief.   Kai hummed in reply and walked forward with wobbly legs. He almost tripped over his own feet but luckily, Hyeju caught him in time and helped him sit on the couch.   "Wait here. I'll get you some water."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter