Moments

BLOODLUST
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight shone on Hyeju's sleeping face which caused her to stir in her sleep and her eyebrows to knit. She threw her blanket over her head and faced the other way to escape the blinding light.

Come to think of it, she felt like she was alone in the bed. Her hands pat the space beside her and guess what, it was cold and empty.

In an instant, she was sitting up with her eyes wide open. *Kai..* She thought groggily with fatigue still in her system. 

*Last night.. I.. With Kai..* Mentally, she squealed but snapped out of her fantasy when she asked herself of Kai's whereabout right that moment.

"Kai?" She softly called out but there was no response. She tried calling out for him a few more times and searched the entire apartment, wrapping the blanket around her like a cape, hoping to get an answer but her efforts were all in vain.

He was nowhere to be found. 

Hyeju's eyes became teary as she stared at the empty living room. *Did he really leave me just like that? That jerk!*

Suddenly, she heard a loud thumping sound coming from the bedroom. Her ears perked up and listened to the sound more closely. Another cluttering noise came and her guard shot up in instinct.

She immediately grabbed the nearest thing beside her as a weapon, which happened to be an umbrella. "Who's there?" She managed to squeak besides her being frightened.

What if it was a robber? Or a ? Serial killer? Or whatever else? But wait, of she thinks it's that dangerous, should she call 119 right away? Or see for herself first? Hyeju opted for the second option. Maybe it was just a rat running around or something. Ew.

As silent as she could, Hyeju tiptoed to the bedroom. But it was totally empty, same as when she woke up. No signs of danger at all. But there was one place that she has yet to check. The closet.

With quivering hands, she touched the edge of the closet door. She swallowed her spit and thought for a while. *To open or not to open.. To open or not..* She was still pondering on whether to choose the latter or the former.

While she was thinking to herself, the door suddenly slid open, frightening her and hitting whatever was in front of her as she shrieked with her eyes shut. Hey, it was normally a reflex after all.

"Ow! Hey!" A deep voice growled with every hit. "Yah! Stop it! That hurts!" In one swift movement, he caught the umbrella with one hand and the other, pulling the girl by her shoulder.

Hyeju flung her eyelids open at the sudden contact with a.. chest? She looked up to see if it was real. Indeed, it was the love of her life.

"Is that the way to treat your boyfriend after such a lovely night?" He raised an eyebrow at her, playfully teasing her.

Hyeju's grip grew limp and the umbrella she held fell to the floor with a thud. She was in utter disbelief, in a good way though, Kai could see that.

He was just sitting there on the upper deck of the closet or in short, his bed, as Hyeju nestled between his legs.

He let her hands freely roam his face down to his torso, to let her know that this was reality, that he was still here and not to mention, in his right mind. "I'm here.. I'm here Hyeju.." He whispered as Hyeju accumulated tears in her eyes. "Sorry for scaring you. I had no choice but to hide here 'cause of the sun."

Caught up in the moment, she hugged him immediately as he does too, not knowing entirely what she really was feeling at the moment. It was a mixture of relief, melancholy and happiness.

"You're still here.. This is unbelievable.." She sobbed, mostly out of relief, in the crook of his neck. It was truly a miracle, a miracle she never thought would actually happen but still hoped on, hence here it was. "I thought you disappeared for good. Thank God, you're here.."

Kai's arms around her waist tightened its hold as his lips kissed the side of her head. "Yeah, and it's all thanks to you, Hyeju."

"What's that supposed to mean? I didn't even do anything special." She slowly drew back and faced him straight, wiping the tears in her eyes away with the back of her hand.

He smirked. Oh, what a y sight it was, plus the upper half of his body totally exposed, and the only clothing on his body was his Calvin Klein boxers. "Was last night not considered as special?"

Hyeju blushed as he mentioned that. "M-Mwo? Of course it was! But what's that got to do with your weird transformation thing?"

"What we did, Hyeju, is a very special 'ritual' which neutralized the poison. Since you are my other half and is- was a .." He paused, causing Hyeju's cheeks to heat up even more. "Your pure and untainted body awakened my hidden powers, thus I could cure the poison in my body overnight." He inches his face to Hyeju's but stops briefly to speak. "So I thank you for being my lifesaver." He ends the sentence with a light peck on Hyeju's nose. "And my lover."

Deep in her heart, she was the happiest girl alive. Who could've imagined that she helped him to that extent? She places her hands on her shoulders and stares at him doe-eyed before showing a radiant smile. "I'm glad. I'm really glad I made the right choice."

"Indeed you did. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here to hold you in my arms right now."

She agrees with an eager nod.

"And I wouldn't be able to see such a beautiful view."

Hyeju nods but halts halfway as her gaze went down. No wonder it felt so breezy. Her body was only draped with a thin blanket, no underwear, no nothing. She wasn't fully exposed but the narrow valley between her down to her navel was.

automatically gapes open and her eyes widen at the sight of Kai his lips ily. With no hesitation at all and showing no mercy to the demonic creature, she picked up the fallen umbrella and continued to do what she did before. "You jerk!"

"Ow! That was a compliment!"

"erted freak!"

Kai caught her wrist again before she could hit him twice. He gave her a cheeky grin before planting a chaste kiss on her lips. He drew back almost immediately and spoke. "Maybe I am. But that's because I'm around you that I become one."

Hyeju pouted and didn't give in to his sweet talk. "Still, you're a ert!"

He chuckles and grabs the ends of the blanket hanging loosely on Hyeju's shoulders. She gasps as she thought he was going to do something indecent but instead softens up when he pulls them together to cover her body entirely.

"That may be but I'm a ert that exists for you only."

_____


"Don't with me!" Kai snarls as Kris took a blow on his right cheek. "What do you mean you don't know? It was clearly you! The one who poisoned me, the one who used me and Hyeju, a pathetic Hunter!"

Kris swiped his palm across his bloody lips and glared at Kai with anger in his eyes. "I really don't know anything. I don't recall ever harming you or anything of the sort." He then touched the bite marks on his neck. "Besides, why are you pointing fingers at somebody when you're the one who sank your dirty fangs on me!"

Kai flinched at first but stood his ground, scowling. "And who do you think caused that?"

Truthfully, Kris remembered the time when he brought Kai to his place but only bits and pieces of it as the unknown force had taken over his consciousness. He needed to figure out what was happening to him and this certainly wasn't helping a bit.

Just earlier, he was busy preparing lunch and instead of having a fulfilling meal, he gets this; Kai barging in his unlocked door, his own fault for keeping it unlocked, though. What a great turn of events.

With a small groan, Kris rose from the ground. "I told you, I don't remember anything. That time, it wasn't me. Even I wasn't myself." Kris reasoned calmly while dusting the dust off his clothes. Even though he was a victim too, he couldn't help but feel extremely guilty about Kai. "I swear I've no idea what you're saying."

"Oh, don't give me that lame excuse for a reason! Don't tell me that stuff was all just an act? Huh? You're even lower than a mutt!"

"Don't you blame everything on me!" Kris snapped and returned a punch. "Ever since you appeared, because of you, I'm becoming a ing psycho! You stole my girl and ruined m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter