Sick Xiumin

Staying Back

"Urghhhh," Kris groaned as he sauntered over to the kitchen. 

"Morning duizhang," Yixing grinned cheekily. 

"Need. Coffee. Stop talking. Hush," Kris groaned as he buried his face in his hands. 

Yixing clucked, "Well geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I feel bad for whoever has to be your wife," Yixing said shaking his head.

Kris peered up at Yixing through his fingers, "That's cause it will be you." 

"Idiot," Yixing slapped Kris on the shoulders. 

"Ow," Kris hissed. As Yixing poured Kris his coffee, a sleepy-eyed Tao stumbled into the kitchen. 

"Morning," Tao yawned.

Yixing's eyes lit up, "Ah Taozi! You're just what I needed. Go wake up all the other members and I will have a special surprise for you."

Tao's eyes sparkled with curiosity, "A surprise? Just for me?"

"That's right," Yixing shoved Tao towards the hallway, "and all you need to do is wake up everyone else. Now go!"

"Okay gege, I'll be right back. Don't give Kris my present!"

Tao skipped his way towards Luhan's and Xiumin's shared bedroom. Without warning, he burst in to see a hunched over deer looking worriedly at a certain steamed bun. 

"Oh Tao," Luhan frowned, "I don't think Xiumin will be able to go to practice today. He stayed up really late practicing last night and now he has a fever. I don't want his cold to get any worse than it already is so I'll just stay ba-"

"L-Luhan?" Xiumin croaked, "Could you get me some tea?" 

Luhan, who had whipped his head towards Xiumin's direction ever since his voice tumbled out, nodded his head frantically, "TAO! DID YOU HEAR? TEA. TEA, GOT IT?"

Tao stumbled back upon hearing his gege's banshee-like voice, "Gege, you could kill children with that voice. I don't know how Xiumin-gege puts up with you," Tao mumbled as he walked out of the room rubbing his ears.

"HUANG ZITAO YOU BETTER NOT BE BAD-MOUTHING ME. I CAN ALWAYS BURN ALL OF YOUR GUCCI PRODUCTS," Luhan shrieked.

Xiumin tossed in his bed as he muttered a shaky, "Luhan, please. Inside voices. At least for my sake." 

"Inside voices?! Okay, got it. Don't worry." 

----------------------------------------------------------------

It is now 10 AM and the other members already left to their respective schedules. Luhan, however, has not had a minute's rest since the moment he awoke. Xiumin's fever has not lowered and Luhan doesn't know what to do. 

"Baozi is it too cold? Is that why you're not getting better? Should I raise the thermostat? I'm right, I should raise the thermostat. Hold on Baozi, I'll be right back! Don't move okay?" Luhan sprinted to the front door where the thermostat was located. As he ran, he thought he heard a faint, I'm fine, from the other room but shook it off as his imagination. Luhan was simply too busy keeping his dear Baozi safe and comfortable.

"I wouldn't be able to move if I wanted to anyway," Xiumin grumbled, "He treats me as if I'm some baby. Even when I'm older than him! The nerve of children these day- Oh Luhan! You're back so soon."

"Were you saying something? I thought I heard something," Luhan said fixing Xiumin's blankets. 

"Uh no, but you know what would be great. It would be lovely to have a bowl of soup right about now. Do you think you would be able to manage that?" 

"Soup? That's it? Of course I can do it! Just wait right here and when I come back, I'll have the bestest bowl of soup you've ever tasted."

*That idiot* Xiumin thought affectionately, *doesn't he know that bestest isn't a word? Dear brain, please remind me why I love this moron*

From the kitchen, Luhan could be heard clanging pots and dropping utensils. After 30 minutes, he walked back into the living room with a tray of hot soup, "Looky MinMin! I got you soup!" Luhan beamed.

*Of course, this is why I love him; because of his overly energetic self*

"Say ahhh~," Luhan cooed while shoving a spoonful of the soup. 

"Ahh- (cough cough) WHAT IS THIS? Did you add salt to this soup Luhan?"

"Yeah I did why? Does it need more?"

"NO! I mean, no, no, it's fine (cough), just need some water."

"Okay Minnie, I'll be right back with the water!" Luhan chirped.

"Wait no, actually, I'm feeling very full now. The soup was great. Marvelous. But would you mind cuddling with me for a bit?" Xiumin pleaded.

Luhan frowned, "But Baozi, you're sick. Won't this be bad for you?"

"No no, I'll be fine, don't worry."

Luhan shrugged, "Okay then."

As Luhan snuggled under the covers with Xiumin, the steady beating of Luhan's heartbeat lulled Xiumin to sleep. It was moments like these that the two elders enjoyed the most.

And when the EXO members came back, this was how they found the two, hugging under the covers as if they were made for each other. 

-----------------------------------------

Uhm, okay, that was my first shot at a story and I know I so criticisms are always welcome ^^ Comments are also appreciated :)