∞ Happily Ever After? || Special Ch. ∞

Longing For an Unreachable Star

 

(If it finishes while you read, just…replay it. ^^)
 
[Her]
 
She looked around, but all she saw was complete emptiness. The only thing that surrounded her was the color white, and she was starting to grow sick of it.
 
How long had it been since she had been in this dreadful place? A week? A month? A year, maybe? She couldn't tell. There was nothing that could mark the beginning of her arrival at this terrible place.
 
She sighed, bending her knees so that she was able to wrap her arms around them and lean her forehead on her forearms. She was suddenly reminded of all that had happened in just the past few years.
 
Meeting him. Becoming friends with him. Developing these inerasable feelings for him. Receiving her heartbreaks from him.
 
However, never once did she regret her choices that involved him. She smiled softly to herself, regretting the fact that she had ran away from her problems instead of facing them, just like what her parents had done.
 
Ironic, she thought, how this whole situation was so similar to her parents'.  Still, neither her mother nor her father had been in this type of situation where one of them lied on the hospital bed, just like her at the moment.
 
There was only one thing she wished for at the moment; she wished that she could go back and stay by his side, no matter what happens.
 
[Him]
 
He sat in the seat next to her hospital bed, holding her hand in his as though it would help bring her back. He sighed, enveloping her hand in both of his as he rested his elbows on the side of her bed.
 
"I'm so sorry," he murmured, brushing her bangs out of the way, "If only I had realized sooner." He heard the door open, causing him to turn around.
 
"Still here, eh, young man?" the doctor greeted with a small smile, "Still waiting for her to wake up?" The younger male nodded before turning back to her. The doctor clasped his hand on the boy's shoulder, "I suggest you get something to eat or drink while I check up on her. You'll be the first to know if she were to wake up." Hesitating, the younger male complied before he walked out of the room.
 
When he came back, the doctor came out of the room, relieved. The elder man spotted the boy before waving him over, "She's awake now. You can go see her."
 
"Really!?" the younger male's eyes widened as he thanked the doctor multiple times, in which he responded with a light chuckle, "Don't thank me. It's my job." The doctor nudged him, winking, "Don’t keep her waiting, now."
 
[Them]
 
The first thing he saw when he walked in was her sitting figure. He rushed to her side in an instance, enveloping her in a tight hug, "Oh my god, you're alright." She winced slightly, "I'm still hurt, you know."
 
He let go immediately, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, "Sorry. I was just relieved that you're awake." She looked at him as though she was judging him. He felt a bit self-conscious, "What? Is there something wrong?"
 
"Your face is thin and pale," she muttered, feeling bad, "and it looks like you've lost weight as well. Did you stay here the entire time I was here?"
 
"Not the entire time," he shrugged, "I had to go home when the guys practically forced me to go home." She frowned, looking away and down at her fingers that were fiddling with the flimsy hospital blanket. "It's my fault you're like this," she murmured, "I should've been more careful."
 
"Yeah, you should've," he scolded, sitting down by her side, "I was scared to death when I saw you getting hit by that car." He looked down at his lap, "I was afraid that you weren't going to be by my side anymore."
 
She looked at him, her eyes teary, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
 
"Why are you apologizing?" he asked, pulling her into a hug, one filled with comfort, "It should be me apologizing. After all, I never realized your feelings for me."
 
"What feelings?" she stammered, feeling her cheeks becoming warm, "I don't have feelings for you-"
 
"You don't have to deny it," he said softly, leaning his forehead against hers as he looked into her eyes, "I denied mines, and look at where that got us."
 
She pulled away, looking at him surprise as he looked back at her with tender eyes, "Yes, I am in love with you, but because I kept denying it and pushing away these feelings that I've felt ever since I met you, I was hurting the both of us. I always thought that I loved you as a younger sister when obviously," he cupped her cheek softly, giving her a soft smile, "I was in love with you the whole time. Forgive me?"
 
She teared up before slinging her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, "Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid." He laughed weakly before wrapping his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly. "I'm so glad you're alright," he murmured lovingly as he buried his face into the crook of her neck. She nodded slightly, "I'm glad to be back."
 
She looked at him, "All this time, I never thought you'd love me. All this time, I thought I was just longing for an unreachable star." She looked at him before smiling, "I know right now that this isn't a dream. This is all real."
 
"This is all real," he confirmed before leaning in, murmuring, "I love you."
 
She smiled before leaning in as well, her eyes closing, "I love you, too."
 

Message from the Author
Hi guys~ ^^
Did you like it? I tried making it a happy ending, since my friend doesn't like sad endings, since almost all the ones I write are depressing endings…Ah well. Hope you liked it, though!
---EternallyDreaming >^^<