Melon Cake

Secret Confessions

 

Chapter 4: Melon Cake

“Good Morning Krystal! Come and eat with us.” A rather middle aged woman greeted Krystal as she entered Myungsoo’s apartment.
The woman was Myungsoo’s mother and she grew closer to Krystal in a quite short amount of time.
Krystal replied with her sluggish face. “Nae, Jisoo-ssi.”

“I told you to call me omma instead. That’ll be more comfortable.” She said as Krystal sat across her in Myungsoo’s dinner table. They are already used to Krystal being at their dining room therefore they were very comfortable around each other by now.
“Nae, Omma.” Krystal answered Jisoo as she began to peek at Myungsoo in the kitchen.
“What’s taking Myungsoo too long? I’m hungry already.” Krystal complained.
“You’re right. My stomach is curling already.” Jisoo agreed with Krystal.
“I can hear both of you. And fyi, I’m preparing a lot so that it’ll be enough for us three!” Myungsoo yelled from the kitchen.
“Arasso, arasso.” Krystal murmured.
“Both of you are so cute. Just like Myungsoo’s father and I.” Jisoo claimed.
“Don’t ever say that name omma!” Myungsoo shouted.
“Mwoya? You shouldn’t hate your father. He had a reason for leaving us.” Jisoo explained but all he got from Krystal and Myungsoo were blank faces.
Both Krystal and Myungsoo knew the feeling of being left by their father, thus their reaction can clearly be expected.
Jisoo sensed the silence so she kept shut us well.

“Let’s eat.” Myungsoo said as he placed the food on the table.
As soon as he finished arranging the food on the table, Krystal swiftly took her spoon and was about to munch on her rice when Myungsoo stopped her hand.
“Ya! Pray first.” Myungsoo snarled at Krystal which just made Jisoo chuckle.
“Naeee. God, thank you for the food.” Krystal quickly prayed and started eating.
“So, how’s school?” Jisoo asked both Krystal and Myungsoo.
“It’s all right.” Both of them said at the same time.
“Oh, really. How bout’ love life?” Jisoo grinned as she asked both.
“Love Life?” Myungsoo said as he looked at Krystal.
“Yah! Waeyo!” Krystal screeched at Myungsoo.
“You’re just too stupid.” Myungsoo exclaimed at Krystal’s face.
“Arasoo. I know. I know. I’ll never do that again.” Krystal replied with acknowledgment.
“Wae? What did Krystal do?” Jisoo asked.
“She was just about to confess stupidly to her crush in front of everyone last week. If I were not there to stop her, aissh.” Myungsoo stated.
“What’s wrong about confessing? I find that rather courageous.” Jisoo asked with confusion.
“Omma, you won’t know the feeling of being rejected! What if that guy like someone else!” Myungsoo angrily answered.
“Maybe, he really does like someone else. Since you know him too well, and you just won’t tell me.” Krystal uttered as she continued eating.
Myungsoo, who knows that Baekhyun does really like someone else, can’t answer Krystal and silence filled the dining room once again.

 



 

 

The sun was brightly shining in the sky. Everyone may have different moods depending on them but in Baekhyun’s case, it just adds to his blissful morning.

Baekhyun stepped out of his house and widely stretched his arm as if he was reaching the sky.
He then grabbed his bag and ran out of his house. If you thought, he’d be heading to school, then you’re wrong. His light steps leaded him to the convenience store, where he would always buy something before going to school ever since that day.

“Aigoo. Shall I buy something for myself too?” Baekhyun thought as he was placing the things he bought inside his backpack.

“Good Morning!” Suzy surprisingly greeted Baekhyun.
“Ya! You almost killed me.” Baekhyun said.
“Don’t be exaggerated. What are you doing here by the way?” Suzy asked him.
“I’m just. I mean, I ate breakfast.” Baekhyun said.
“In a convenience store? Haha. You’re weird. But it’s not that weird, if I think again.” Suzy laughed at herself.
“Am I still going to wait for you?” Baekhyun asked Suzy.
“If you want to. I’m just going to buy a yogurt.” Suzy stated.
“Okay, then I’ll wait for you. So do it fast.” Baekhyun uttered

.After Suzy bought her yogurt, they went out and walked together as they head to school.
“Ya. Is that Soojung and Myungsoo? Let’s catch up to them.” Suzy stopped sipping her yogurt as he saw both Krystal and Myungsoo in front of them.

“You’re right. They’re becoming really close already, as I can see.” Baekhyun said clearly.
“Let’s go!” Suzy said as she grabbed Baekhyun’s arm.

“Good Morning Soojung and Myungsoo!” Suzy greeted both of them who were a bit taken by surprise.
“Yah! Palli! Look at him. He’s so slow.” Suzy pointed at Baekhyun who was walking towards them.
Myungsoo never failed to notice Baekhyun being with Suzy, which made him a bit envious.
On the other hand, Krystal, who saw Baekhyun, started to feel nervous as he approached closer.

‘Does Baekhyun really like someone else? Am I really that hopeless?’ These words entered Krystal’s flying mind as she watched Baekhyun come towards them. She was still too deep in her own thoughts when Myungsoo snapped at her.
“Yah! We need to go to class already.”
“Huh? What?” Krystal asked with confusion.
Baekhyun laughed at Krystal’s innocence which made her blush so she just turned to look at Myungsoo who realized that Krystal’s turning red.
“You seem to be in deep in thought, Krystal-ssi.” Baekhyun said as he smiled.
“You’re right, Baekhyun-ah. Ya Soojung-ah, what are you thinking? Is it something I don’t know?” Suzy asked Krystal who faced them with her back. But before they were answered, Krystal unexpectedly ran ahead of them without saying anything.
-
“Aisssshhh. What is with me? I can’t be like this always!” Krystal yelled at herself silently as she arrived in front of her locker.
As she was taking her things, she felt a presence watching over her. She looked back to check but saw nobody so she just shrugged it off.
“What’s that? I feel something. Aigoo, nevermind.” Krystal uttered as she started to head back to the classroom.
-
When Krystal entered the classroom, she only saw Myungsoo while Baekhyun and Suzy were gone.
Once she sat at her seat beside Myungsoo, he started to nag at her.
“Are you stupid? What you did is too obvious!” Myungsoo kinda shouted at her.
“How dare you call me stupid!” Krystal shouted back but then her face became worried. “Is it really obvious?”

“Aigoo. Yes, it is. Can’t you even act sometimes?” Myungsoo told her.
“I can’t help it you know.  But where’s Baekhyun and Suzy?” Krystal asked Myungsoo.
“Suzy is excused for the first class because of volleyball practice. Regionals is near so, you know.” Myungsoo explained.
“How about Baekhyun?” Krystal asked again.
“He’s getting his things at his locker.” Myungsoo answered.
“Oh really. I didn’t see him there.” Krystal said.

-

Classes went by too fast and it was already dismissal. Krystal asked Myungsoo to come with her to put her things back.
“Where are you two going?” Baekhyun asked them.
“Going to put things back.” Myungsoo lazily said.
“Oh. Want to eat dinner later? The four of us together.” Baekhyun said.
“Four? What’s the occasion?” Krystal asked him casually without stuttering.
“Yes, with Suzy. And it’s because my aunt’s opening her restaurant today so she wants to invite some of my friends.” Baekhyun said.
“Friends?” Krystal uttered.
“Yes friends. We are friends right?” Baekhyun smiled at her but this time she managed to maintain her blank face.
“Yes, we are. We’ll just go there later. Just text Myungsoo about where it is.” Krystal said as she grabbed Myungsoo’s arm to go to her locker.
“Ya! Why are you pulling my uniform!” Myungsoo yelled as Krystal dragged her.

“Myungsoo seems to be much closer to Krystal than Suzy.” Baekhyun mumbled as they left.

 

 



 

 

“Are you really going to eat that?” Myungsoo asked Krystal who were about to eat a melon cake.
“Yes. It’s my favorite!” Krystal smiled at Myungsoo which surprised him because she never smiled like this.
“Arasso. But who gave you that?”
“I don’t know. I just found this in my locker today. I wonder who placed it there.” Krystal mumbled.
“Woahh. Someone likes you.” Myungsoo teased Krystal.
“Shut up bastard! Let’s go to the store. I’m going to buy more melon cakes.” Krystal took Myungsoo’s hand as she ran to the convenience store.

Soon, they already arrived at the store. Krystal went to look for the melon cake while Myungsoo just stood there.
When Krystal finally saw where the melon cake was placed, she became disappointed to see only one melon cake left. As she was about to grab the last piece, a hand took the cake away.
“Ya! That’s mine!” Krystal yelled at the man who took her cake away but rather than getting angrier, she was surprised.
“Annyeong Krystal!” the guy who was carrying a basket full of melon cakes smiled at her.
“What are you doing here, Woohyun-ah?” Krystal asked him with her dumbfounded look.

 

-End of Chapter-

 


 

Hi! Chapter 4 done! 
And Woohyun's finally here! Yay!
I hope you liked my story. 
Thank you for reading.
By the way! I'm so proud of INFINITE. They had their 5th win yesterday. :) SO HAPPY.