Mistaken Letter

Secret Confessions

 

Chapter 1: The Mistaken Letter

It was another spring morning, another school year starting, another story about love and friendship.

Kim Myungsoo, a normal guy who lives in an apartment with his mother who rarely comes home, woke up just as his alarm clock started to ring.

7:00 AM. *One more hour before the start of classes* He thought as he stood up from the floor.

“Did she come home?” he said hoping to see her mom but a peek from the other empty room took away his hope.
“I hope she’s safe.” He said and continued his daily routine.

His routine, which means: breakfast, shower, school.

Finally in his uniform, he went out of his apartment room, #13, which was the room’s number.
He was about to walk his way to the stairs, when a woman arrived and greeted him with a smile. Her name was Bae Suzy, the schoolmate he had known since elementary.

“Annyeong Myungsoo! Hey, it’s still too early. I was just about to wake Soojung up.” she said.
“Is it that early? Hahah. I would like to know what class I’m in already, so. ” Myungsoo awkwardly answered while scratching his head.
“Oh, right! I hope we’re gonna be classmates this year!” she said in delight.
“Ohh.. Naee, I hope too. So, I’ll get going now.” Myungsoo quickly spoke, turned his back and ran.
“Arasso! Bye!” Suzy shouted as he ran away.
*What’s with him? Just leaving like that.*

“Yah! JUNG SOO JUNG! WAKE UP!” she shouted at Krystal’s door #12, which is just in front of Myungsoo’s room.
_
“Did she just tell me that she wanted to be my classmate?” Myungsoo thought of Suzy’s words when he reached the ground floor.
_______
Meanwhile, Jung Soojung, known as Krystal, stirred awake when she heard her best friend’s voice outside the door.
“Coming!!!!” Krystal yelled as she lazily stepped out of her bed.

She opened the door, revealing a smiling Bae Suzy.
“Good Morning Soojung-ah!” Suzy greeted with a hug.
Suzy was the only one who called her with her real name.
“Morniiing..” Krystal greeted her with a yawn.
“What the? Your house is in a total mess again.” Suzy went ahead of Krystal inside and placed a plastic bag on the coffee table.
“What’s that?” Krystal asked Suzy who was now taking Krystal’s uniform out of the closet.
“Food. I know you haven’t eaten since last night.” She answered as she busily arranged Krystal’s messy bed.
“You don’t have to fix the bed.” Krystal told Suzy as she munched down the sandwich that Suzy brought.
“Just continue eating!” Suzy smirked at her.
“Nae. Nae. Nae.” Krystal answered like a child to her mother-like friend.

 



 

Baekhyun who was waiting at the gate greeted Myungsoo who arrived.
“Yah Kim Myungsoo! I’m earlier than you this time!” Baekhyun ran to him and placed his arms on Myungsoo’s shoulder.
But Myungsoo didn’t mind at all.
“Aishh. You’re not reacting at all! By the way, we’re in the same class!” Baekhyun removed his arms and told Myungsoo happily.
“Really? Then, that’s good.” Myungsoo answered emotionless.
“Why do you look so cold?” Baekhyun crossed his arms and asked Myungsoo.
“I’m not.” He answered.
“I know. But you just look so blank.” Baekhyun laughed at the term.
“Blank? And what’s funny bout’ that?” Myungsoo asked him.
“Nothing. But wait, do you know who Krystal is?” Baekhyun tried to remember.
“Krystal? Yes I know her. Actually, she’s my neighbor but we never talk to each other.” Myungsoo said.
“Oh really? You know the rumors of her being cold like you? I don’t think it’s true.” He told Myungsoo.
“Hey, I’m not cold!” Myungsoo told Baekhyun with a high accent.
“Calm down, bro. I know you’re not but you just really look like it.” Baekhyun smiled.


 



 

 

Suzy was tugging on Krystal’s arm as they were walking the way to school. As they reached the gate, Suzy quickly let go of Krystal’s arm and ran to the bulletin board to find her class.
“Yah! Soojung-ah. Palli!(Faster!) We’re already late.” Suzy called Krystal who was still lazily walking.
“What class am I in?” Krystal asked Suzy.
“Wait. I’m looking for it.”
“It’s here. We’re in the same class.” Krystal said straightly as she pointed it out with her finger.
“How did you find it quickly!? But we’re really in the same class? Really!” Suzy tugged on Krystal’s arm again looking too happy about it.
“Omo. He’s in our class too!” Krystal surprisingly said as she scanned the names of the other students.
“Who? Hey! Who’s that? You’re not telling me these kind of things!” Suzy asked Krystal while nudging her a bit.
“He’s just someone I hate.” Krystal lied when she can’t even contain her happiness when she saw Baekhyun’s name on the list.
“It’s alright if you don’t want to tell me. Let’s head to our classroom now.” Suzy told Krystal who didn’t move from the place where she’s standing.
“Wait, you head there first. I still need to go somewhere.” Krystal explained.
“Arasso. But you should go there quickly too. It’s already late.” Suzy said with a worried face before she left Krystal who was still looking at the bulletin board.
“I can’t believe he’s my classmate again. We’ve never been in the same class again since middle school.” Krystal said as she looked at Baekhyun’s name.

*I need to do this now or I’ll never be able to do it again.* Krystal thought as she took out a letter from her bag. She stayed up all night in writing this letter which is the reason why she’s so dull today but she can’t keep it to herself anymore. She just needed to tell Baekhyun at least so she readied herself mentally to receive any unwanted replies from him.

Krystal who was getting much more late went to the lockers to look for Baekhyun’s one. She finally saw it when she heard somebody coming, which made her put the letter inside the locker quick without even looking inside. As she placed it inside, she quickly ran away from sight. She finally placed it when a feeling of uneasiness and nervousness overcame her.

“Did I put it in the right locker?” Krystal thought as she was making her way to her classroom 2-B.


 



 

 

*I knew it! She’s going to be in trouble again.* Suzy thought as their homeroom teacher were asking for their attendances.
“Yah! Why do you look so worried?” Baekhyun asked Suzy quietly who was sitting beside him.
“It’s because of Soojung! If she does not come in any minute, she’s going to be in detention in the first day of classes.” Suzy answered worriedly.
They didn’t even realized that Myungsoo was already feeling envious of Baekhyun who was in front of him just because he can talk to Suzy so casually.
*Aishh. Why didn’t I sat beside her?* Myungsoo was thinking when a woman who stood so straight and looked so calm with her long wavy hair untied entered the room and it was the snow queen named Krystal.
“Sorry, I’m late.” Krystal said pokerfaced, which made their homeroom teacher, Ms. Lee more furious.

“It’s the Snow Queen!”
“It’s Krystal, she’s in trouble again.”
“She’s really a badass.”
“Tsk. Tsk. She’s going to be in detention.”

Their other classmates began whispering to each other.


“Jung Soojung. You’re going to get detention later, arasso!” Ms. Lee told Krystal as she kept her anger on the cold queen.
“Nae.” An answer from Krystal just came blankly.
“Just go sit there beside Myungsoo!” Ms. Lee finally yelled at Krystal who didn’t get affected at all.

 

 



 

 

*Aishh. I’ve been in detention a lot of times already and it was totally boring.* Krystal was thinking when she suddenly remembered the letter.
*What the? Why do I feel so uneasy? I need to know if he received it. But what would he tell me? . It’s killing me.* Krystal continued thinking.
*Five more minutes and finally out of this damn detention.* Krystal said in her thoughts.
3, 2, 1. “I’ll leave now.” Krystal said as she opened the door leading out of the detention.

She was about to walk away already when a hand grabbed her arm. It was a strong grip.
She looked back to find Kim Myungsoo staring at her deeply which made her flinch a bit.
“What’s the matter with you?” Krystal asked him.
“I should be the one asking you. What’s this love letter?” Kim Myungsoo said with a composed face as he held the letter Krystal made.

-END OF CHAPTER-

 


 


Is the chapter long or short?
I don't know. Haha. I hope you liked the first chapter. :)
Thanks for reading! :")