A mother knows.

I'm not here for your sister.

~Meanwhile At The Jung House~

It was a crisp spring evening in Seoul. SNSD's kid leader was making her way to a familiar house with a grocery bag in hand. Even though Taeyeon had made this journey quite a few times before in her life, this time something was different. This time she had a plan. A plan that was causing the normally relaxed girl to double think things and become increasingly more nervous the closer she got to her destination.

'Maybe I shouldn't go through with it.. I could just say that something came up and that I couldn't make it! Aniya, I already talked to Umma, I can't bail now. Oh but I can not go through with the plan! Yes, that’s it! I just won't confess tonight. Simple as that. It will just be another Jung Family plus Taeyeon dinner. No big deal. No reason to confess. Nope. No reason at all, certainly no reason like how it's become hard not to think about Krystal all day long.. AH!' 

The short young woman was so wrapped up in her inner turmoil that she didn't even realize she was already at the front door until she walked into it with a loud thud.

“Owww--” groaned the petite woman while rubbing her now sore nose. 

There was a sound of shuffling and a click before the door was opened revealing a beautiful older woman with what had to be a designer apron on. 

“Taeyeon-ah, was that you? Ah, come inside and lets get some ice for that.” Came the kind voice of the woman of the house hold.

“No, no need, I’m fine--” 

“Nonsense, come on.” insisted the woman, taking the blonde’s hand and leading them inside after closing the door.

The warm interior of the Jung family home was a mixture of modern and classic. The furniture was sleek yet so comfortable, many times had the many members of the Jung daughters groups slept on the couches without complaint. The walls held high end art along as selves held family photos. 

No matter the amount of times the middle Kim daughter came over, this place always welcomed her like her own family home and she was always grateful. 

After being seated at the island in the kitchen, Taeyeon was soon presented with a small ice pack with a cute character on it. Pressing the pack to her nose she smiled embarrassed to the woman. “Thank you.”

“You are welcome honey, can’t have anything happening to your beautiful face.” Mrs. Jung smiled warmly as she went back to her work on dinner. “Now why were you so distracted that you ran into our door?”

Eyes widening the girl laughed softly to try to escape her own mistake. “Well, just a lot on my mind..”

“So it seems. Care to tell me?”

“...”

“It will stay between us, not a word to the girls.”

“... well.”

“Is it about your crush on Krystal?”

“H-H-How--” 

 "Ah I'm just teasing, no need to get so flustered." Mrs.Jung laughed at Taeyeon's reddening face. "But I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head hm?"

The leader looked at the woman who was like another mother with a mixture of fear and hesitation. Was her crush so apparent that even this woman could see? If so then how come Jessica hadn't said anything yet? Why hadn't the younger Jung? Was she disgusted by her? Appaled? Did she-

"Taeyeon? Sweetheart?" The voice broke Taeyeon from her own inner ramblings, making her look up to the woman.

A soft hand was placed to her shoulder, "Honey, calm down, I was only teasing. I'm sorry, are you okay?" 

"I-I.. I'm sorry. I just.. Is it that obvious?" she asked in a meek tone, her hands now very interesting. 

"Well as a mother I feel I take more notice to these types of things.. if you are asking if the girls know, I don't think so since neither have spoken to me about it. Jessica had talked to me about her feelings for you but not about your feelings for Krystal."

With a small sigh of relief, the blonde nodded her head slightly. "That would make sense since she didn't bring her up when I turned her down.."

"Ah that explains so much." Mrs. Jung hummed while looking to the girl.

"I'm sorry.."

"Don't apologize for how you feel, Taeyeon-ah. You are important to us all and although you may not feel the same way Jessica does, you didn't break her heart. She may not be aware of it herself yet, but I know. A mother knows."

Taeyeon rested her head to the womans arm, taking the ice pack from her nose. "I don't want to cause any problems for them though.. They are sisters.. I don't think Krystal even sees me in any other way than an unnie but I just need to tell her how I feel before it drives me crazy. She can turn me down and I can move on from these feelings once and for all."

Mrs. Jung was silent for a long moment before speaking. "Then confess tonight after dinner. I'll be sure to keep Jessie busy so you and Kryssie can talk. How does that sound?"

Taeyeon's head rose as she looked into the woman's eyes, "Really?"

"Of course honey," with a nod the woman smiled to the blonde.

Taeyeon quickly hugged the elder woman with such wamth to express her grattitude. 

"No matter what happens tonight, you are always a part of our family."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, sorry about this story. As you all know, a lot has happened in the last few years and so it has taken me a long time to come back to this. I promise I will finish this story and I apologize for it.