That Damn Metal Door

Dead again.

 

-Key POV-

The only life saver protecting us. From them, broke. I quickly grabbed my gun hurrying out of the booth along with Junghwa, as she grabbed that killer sword of hers. Kevin quickly ran to Baro first, telling him to wake up and run with him. We braced ourselves for what was going to come out of that darkness, a living being, or a dead one? … I look so cute today. I thought to myself looking at my reflection on Junghwa’s sword.

Not the time, honey! I snapped out of it as I loading the gun we found several weeks back. The others thought it was time for me to protect myself and not hide behind Thunder all the time… Aye, if he doesn’t have a problem with it. Then why should I? That “Happy Virus.” Has been teaching me how to shoot. I’m pretty good at it. If I’m better than that gay doctor, then I’m pretty satisfied with myself.

Cold. I snapped out of my awesomeness when a drip of cold discussing redness splashed onto my beautiful god like face. No… No… I woke up to see Junghwa sliding her blade out and in about 6 of them already. She’s so fast. She kicked one off as she stabbed the end into her brain, where the others been telling me it’s the only place to shoot.

“Key! Help me out!” she yelled at me while she was on her 12th serving of them. It looked to see only 4 were left. I aimed my gun to the head of the closet one towards me. Shot. It looked as if a beautiful splatter paint of red appeared onto the white clear behind or a wonders flower. Oh wait, that was blood. Dead discussing, revolting, wicked, piece of that crawled of a somewhat story tale like. Absolutely discussing.

I killed the other two, while Junghwa got the other 1, cleanly chopping off it’s head. Junghwa whipped the left over blood on her blade, leaving a splatter on the wall behind her, before putting it back into the sheath. I fondled my gun back into my belt holder before calming myself from what just happened.

“Key!” Junghwa’s face was red. Some from anger, other from the battle just now. “What the hell happened just now!?” I froze a bit, trying to think of an answer.

“I-I wasn’t prepared.” I managed to stuttered out like a blaming fool. Junghwa brought her hand to her forehead to rub it. She took a long sigh before she looked back at me. This . Your just jealous I’m more fabulous then you.

“Look Key, I get that you were lost in confusion and fear. But things like that is what gets you killed. Death instantly. I ask that you please drop everything and remember one thing. Survival.” Her voice soon faded out from her normal nagging session to a kinder bright smile. She wiped clear of that repaltiong blood on my face, before walking away to the kitchen to clean herself up.

“Hey.” Gestured that gay boo, leaving Baro in a close surce place before coming to me. “You okay?”

“I’m fine. I just chocked a bit. Nothing you need to get your in a bundle for.”  I scoffed looking away from him, then to the hopefully still staying things on the ground. They’re grayish green skin made me want to puke loads every time I look at them. Discussing as hell.

“As long as you’re fine…” he paused for a second before placing his arm on his hip like the trandfestibe he is. “How did they break the door? That’s about 500 pound of iron…”

“Well, if you didn’t snore so loud every night, then you would hear they’re annoying groaning as they kept pounding on it. In the morning they would leave, but for some reason they kept coming back during night fall… But you know how they are. Slow blind movers, but if they grab a hold on you. Your ed…not like you’re not getting it anyways.” I muttered the last part and chuckled as he said he didn’t hear the ending. “Oh, never mind.” I teased swatting my hand at him.

I looked into his eyes. Fear. He looked at me jaw dropped and gazed into me… Am I really that pretty? Thanks! >3< “H-Hyung!!!” he stuttered pointing at me.

“I know I’m that beau-“but that’s when I realized that he wasn’t pointing at me. He was pointing behind me. I quickly turned around to find one of them in my face. It grabbed on tightly to my jacket pulling me closer as it tried to bite me. Struggling to grab my gun for both hands were trying to get it far away from me, trying to pull it off. Am I…. Really going to die?

“Get down.”

 

-Thunder POV-

I kinda miss Key, right now… It’s not like I have a crush on him or anything, but he’s like a lost puppy towards me. Ever since we met those 4… or was I 5 months ago, he’s been following me everywhere. Joe tells me he only does that because he doesn’t want to die and needs me as a shield… I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’ just very friendly.

“Quickly.” Whispered Yongguk with his low deep voice to L. Joe and I following behind. This is our last joint today before heading back. So far, we’ve been to three other places to look for food. The first place, an old looking house that looked like belonged to an old couple. L. Joe thought it had to have some food left, as no one thought to look at an old homes place. There won’t really a lot of them, but enough to keep up running.

We managed to get more water and yummy cakes! Serious time. We dashed into the restaurant looking in the back for food. The place wasn’t nessisarly big, but enough to play-hide-and go seek in with five or so sumos. Some of the crisp that used to be white tables became stained with blood. All red is what I see now a days. It’s either there blood, our blood … Or leaders and Yukwonie hair. They say it’s naturally like that… Sure~ and I naturally don’t look this good.

L. Joe stopped us both, giving us the signal signed that three of them where near us. Six o’clock. I nodded telling them I would take care of it. Yongguk and L. Joe pointed to the door they were to be at, then left me to go. I slid out my metal bat from my backpack, then sliding on my leather black gloves on to protect my hands from server hand burns from gripping the bat to hard.

I tapped a nearby steel leg to a table, they stopped groaning from afar to smile and walk towards the sound I was making. Junghwa was right. They’re just stupid and blind… Well, not necessarily stupid. They keep coming back to the café every night, but disappear in the morning. Which is very strange… Okay, blind and stalker like. Sounds about right. The first one shuffled closer to me not knowing what I have in store for it.

“That’s right… come to Thunder.” I smirked, gripping onto the bat. Taking a massive strong front step, then putting all of my body weight into the bat swing. Smacking it’s head clearly off. I watched the head fly off to a nearby wall, smack. “Homerun~” I grinned turning the bat to my next oppnite. I took another large step to hit another. “Double homerun~ And they cannot stop, Thunder!” I cheered. Aish~ I play well by myself.

“Arghh~” groaned the last of the dead three. I turned to face it. A looking 40 year old man in his business suit, cracked glasses, and so called combed back hair. He was missing a whole chunk of his left side, I guess that’s where he got bit.

“Don’t worry. Thunder-hyung, gots you~” I took a massive step up to a pulled out chair then brought down my bat on his head. Pounding it down into the ground. The sound of breaking glasses and squashing organs filled the room inside. Echoing a bit. Luckily there was none of them left.

I didn’t bother putting my bat back into my backpack, thinking that more of them might be with the two others. I opened the pushing doors gently peaking inside.

“Aye, what took you so long?” chuckled Yongguk with a piece of bread in his mouth sitting on a metal table in the middle of the room. L. Joe was munching on a strawberry while stuffing whatever he could into his backpack.

“I was having fun.” I chuckled placing a strawberry into my mouth. Yongguk chuckled at how he knew me. It’s not like I have a thing for killing people. I don’t. I do it to keep us alive and insure survive, but it’s like it matters to them anymore right? They’re dead and we’re alive. They just want food. We want life. It’s all that matters at this point.

“You done?” asked L. Joe as I got most of the food in my pack.

“Yeah, ready?” we all nodded, dashing back onto the streets from the back exists. It was already dusk, but not as dark for us not to see. The streets were . Papers everywhere, glass everywhere, several cars every couple blocks either on fire or broken windows. I remember being my first exploding car… Dara-unni… The so called other ‘survivors’ shot the ignition since she wouldn’t pull over to let them in. I wouldn’t blame her, they weren’t even people anymore. Just them, but breathing.

She opened my door kicking me out of it before she drove into a ditch. But before she did so. Dara looked at me with a crying smile saying,” I love you.” I cried for weeks. Actually cried to hard that the others managed to find me… They’ve treated me like family ever since. They’re really good people…

Yongguk gasped a loud swear as he ran faster to the café. L. Joe followed swiftly behind, a picked up my pace thinking it was something bad. My heart sank at the view. The door broke. It’s gone.

“I hope they’re not gone!” gasped L. Joe looking at the bodies on the staircase. Chopped and sliced. Junghwa looked like she had fun. I noticed something shinning in the shadow from the lights still on in the café. Followed by a “Am I that beau-“ oh god no… Key!

I pushed past Yongguk and L. Joe. Crashing and stomping onto the bodies on the staircase. I didn’t care, it was Key. He was the only one here I could be myself around. A closer hyung then the rest. “Get down.” He quickly ducked just listening to my command. I swung my bat to its head to soon meet the door, sending vibrations down my body. It stung, but as long as he was okay. I kicked the dead again body onto the ground before helping Key onto his feet.

His eyes were puffed from the short struggling and crying he must’ve done, while a smear of blood on his face infected his pure looks. “You miss me?”