He's not dead yet, right?

Dead again.

 

-Junghwa POV-

It’s cold. I’m tired and freezing. It’s still fall, but we need to move quick before winter is near. At the moment, the 10 of us are living still at a café, a little downtown. A stupid place to go after the outbreak right? Not necessarily, they moved on to follow the living.

The living moved on to subways, airports, and train stations, trying to get the fastest way out of this hell city. Most of everyone went to Busan on their way to America, where it is so called ‘safe.’

That’s what the news said anyways, like they make any sense with either. Others… they wither disappeared or turned, no one is quite sure. All I know is, is that food is running out. And fast. The winter was said to be harsh and below freezing. Yongguk’s been taking L. Joe and Thunder with him to go scouting for a new safe place to stay while the winter is in session.

The café is great and all, but it’s not going to hold any longer. We been experiencing some of them baming on the door ever so late at night. Yongguk says the more of them notice if people here, the more we’re being ed. Put it in simple terms, move before they start to swarm. And we don’t want to experience one of those ever again do we? We lost half of our group since that last swarm, we cried over our fallen brethren and cistern.

I wasn’t the only girl here, a girl named Minzy was here too. She was my only close friend since the outbreak. The only one I could talk to and be defenseless around. Not acting all badass or strong like I do around the guys, just like… girly. They took her away from me. They also took my brother Byunghee, but we called him G.O., as well, him not wanting to leave Minzy like the rest of us did. He, Minzy, Kyung, Minho, Gongchan, Woohyun, Lay, Eli, and Daehyun died… Because of them.

Jonghyun, Dongwoo, Chanyeol, and Yukwon went to gather foods from various shops around here. Leaving me, Kevin, Baro, and Key here. Not as if Key will protect us or anything. Baro couldn’t. He could barely move without collapsing onto the ground, nor could Kevin because he was treating Baro. I guess that was the reason they left me behind, see. I’m the 2nd best fighter on the team. First Chanyeol, I, Yongguk, Thunder, Dongwoo, Gikwang, L. Joe, Baro, then… Kevin, Key, and Yukwon didn’t really fight as often because Kevin was a major at medications and studying to become a doctor.

Yukwon was very crafty and could make the best out of the we give him, but he knows how to handle a gun pretty well. Then there is Key… and well… he’s just cute and cheers us up.

*cough, cough* I turned from my day dreaming of looking out the window, to Baro. He shook in his sleep off the ground in the corner where his bed was. A bed of the only 2 blankets we had, plus the comfiest backpack we had.

“Shuush~” Kevin calmed him, running to his side. “Here, drink this and take a few deep breathes.” He instructed Baro, as Kevin propped his head up with his hand to take a few sips of the water from the kitchen sink. Thank god they really didn’t turn off the water yet. Baro quickly took the water gladly, taking big gulps nearly choking himself. “Geez! Calm down will you?” pestered Kevin, removing the glass to pat his back from his choking hazard.

“So-Sorry.” He gasped for air. Soon stopping, Kevin gave him some more medicine and some sleeping pills, about 4 or so minutes later. Baro was knocked out sleeping again.

“Is his condition really that bad?” I asked propping my head up with my hand, as I still looked out the window. Keeping look out, yet, being board at the same time.

“It’s just a mid-fever.” Kevin sighed, pulling the blanket onto Baro. “It’s just that,” he sighed again, sliding into the booth I was sitting at. “I think the cold is bad for him. He did miss out a lot of school during cold seasons like this. Aish~ Life is hard now.” A door opened behind us, as a smiling monkey appeared. Holding some tea and tiny bits of cookies.

“But it’s something we outta get used to, right?” smirked Key, placing the treaties down at our table, then sliding next to me. “Here, it’s not much, but I didn’t take enough for the others to think we’re being greedy.” Kevin and I greeted him, as we ate the bit of food we got, sharing between the 3 of us. Looking out for the others and them, while keeping a close eye on Baro. Who was coughing every now and then. “So… Should be go looking for them?” asked Key, after a good 5 minutes of silence.

“No… They’ll do fine. Team 1 is leader and Thunder. Two had Chanyeol, that’s better than us right now.” I joked, smirking at the two.

“I wouldn’t blame you. A tomboy with a katana that can chop down half a car, a girly doctor, a man that is half sick to death, and well who can’t forget this cutie?” smiled Key puffing out his cheeks with some aegyo. Kevin and I chuckled for him always being there to lighten up the mood.

“Your nice.” Grinned Kevin blowing on his tea before drinking it.

“I love you~” there was a silence between the 3 of us again. Normally we would be talking a lot, but I guess without Dongwoo or Yukwon here to say something smart assed. It would be dull. “So~ Noona…”

“I’m younger then you Key.” I corrected him.

“Formalities don’t really matter in a time likes these do they?” his voice cracked a bit.

“Then why did you say it?” I raised a brow, Kevin smirked with a ‘Your-Such-A-Dumb-’ face.

“G-Geez! Whatever!” he folded his arm to protest at me.

“Okay, Okay, I’m sorry.” I apologized for no reason, but I knew sometimes you gotta do it to keep Key quiet.

“Okay, so what I was saying was th-“Key was cut off by a sudden pounding at the door followed by a crashing of the large metal door, keeping us. Away from them


 Heyyo~ You just read 1,117 words! Be proud of youselves! Lol :p

Please expect lateish update because I'm very lazy I'm very busy.

Looking for co-auother... Helps? :3