Chapter Two

Standing Still

The next day

"Hey babe." Kiseop said and greeted you with a quick peck and a hug.

"Hi Oppa~" You said cutely and hugged him back a little tighter. After you both let go, he just left you on the spot like that to go to his friends that were waiting for him.

"Hey bro!" AJ greeted Kiseop with a handshake.

"Hey guys." Kiseop smiled at the boys.

Your P.O.V

Oh my gosh. Why did  he just do that? He's such a jerk!

Narrator's P.O.V

"Nayoung-ah,  are you okay?" Your best friend, Choi Haneul asked. You were zoned out, staring at Kiseop.

"Kim Nayoung." She said a little louder, but calm. She gently placed her hand on your shoulder and you finally paid attention.

"Oh. Hi!" You said happily and gave her a hug. She hugged you back and smiled at you. Once you both let go, you were looking at Kiseop again. Haneul saw the pain in your eyes and said, "You should just go break up with him." 

You looked back at her and said, "I like him too much to do that."

Haneul heaved a sigh and said, "Listen, Nayoung-ah. He isn't worth it! Why are you falling for  a guy that barely spends time with you? When was your last date with him?"

"... Last month..." You mumbled.

"Repeat that?"

"Last month..."

"Okay, so last month. Come on, Nayoung-ah! Go for a different guy! Anyone, but him."

You can't let him go. You and Kiseop have been dating for a year. 

"Nayoung. Does he even know or remember how long you guys have been dating? Does he even remember when he asked you out and how he did it?"

You remembered. You remembered  everything. You and Kiseop have been dating for a year and six months. He asked you out on your sweet sixteenth birthday party.

Flashback

"Hey Nayoung. Care for a dance?" A voice said. It was Kiseop's.

"K-Kiseop? When did you get here?" You asked.

"I was here the whole time. Wanna dance though?" He asked.

"S-sure..." You said shyly as he took your hand and brought you to the dance floor. You were shy and nervous, so you stood arms length apart from him. He  chuckled and brought you closer to him and put his hands on your waist.

"You know... You look really good today." Kiseop said into your ear. You blushed and asked, "R-R-Really? I do?"

He nodded.You guys danced in silence, and before the song ended, he pulled you into a sweet kiss. After he pulled away, he said, "We're going on a date tomorrow. Clear your plans, 'cause you're going no matter what. Got it?"

And with that, he walked away somewhere else.

End of Flashback

"Nayoung?" Haneul called. She was getting a little impatient.

"Oh. Umm, I don't know actually." You replied. Haneul took a deep breath. She was mad. When she was mad, it was scary. You've experienced it. All of a sudden, she walked up to Kiseop and pushed him. Kiseop fell back a little.

"Choi Haneul!" You screeched and went after her.

"Yah, Kim Nayoung! What's up with your friend here?" Kiseop asked you. You locked eyes with him. You snapped out of his gaze and you tried to pry Haneul off of Kiseop. Before you could finally get her off, she gave Kiseop a hard slap.

"Bastard! Bastard..." Haneul said and started to tear up. "Bastard..." She hugged you and you hugged her back, which left Kiseop confused.

"Babe, I asked you a question." Kiseop interrupted. You glared at him and said, "Don't worry."

With that, you took Haneul back to where you were both standing. You made Haneul sit on a bench with you and gave her your shoulder to cry on. After some time, she dried her tears and said, "Seriously, just break up with him. There are better guys! There's the clique Beast, and they're good guys! I just know they are."

You hesitated. How were you going to break it to him? Are you even going to dump him? You thought for a while.

"... Fine.. I'll try tomorrow." You said.