Chapter Four

Standing Still

Days have passed. They soon turned into weeks. And then one month came by. Dongho moved back to China. Things between U-KISS were super quiet without him. You and Kiseop totally avoided each other. Kiseop managed to share a few glances with you. More girls came into Kiseop's space, as did boys to you. You sat down in your classroom and chatted with Haneul.

"So. Are you over him yet?" She brings him up.

"Umm. I don't know." You replied. You knew you weren't. You started to draw in your notebook so Haneul wouldn't see the look in your eyes.

"Oh. Okay." She said as she relaxed in her chair and looked at her nails. Soon, you could hear screams saying "Kiseop". Litle did you know, he was coming to you. You felt someone's presence in front of you, so you slowly looked up to see the blinding image of Lee Kiseop.

"Hey, Nayoung-ah." He says. You ignore him and continue drawing. He frowns and tilts your chin to look at him.

"I said hi." He once again tries. You remove his hand and continue to doodle. This time, he's had it. His eyes became glossy. He brought you up by your shoulders and grabbed your hand. He brought you to an empty room. You yanked your hand away from Kiseop.

"Why are you doing this?" You ask him. Your eyes were filled with rage. He could tell.

"I... I miss you, okay? I need you. I really do." Kiseop confesses harshly, rather than kindly and gently.

"Don't yell in my face." You say, tearing up.

"Look. Listen. I'm sorry. I still don't know what I did wrong but I really miss you. I'm just a stupid teenage boy, right?" Kiseop says, more gently. "But really. Nayoung, I still like you. I-I haven't gotten over you. And I know you haven't either. Take me back. Please."

"I miss you, you miss me. Haneul will get angry. And I don't think it'll be a good-" You were cut off with a kiss. He kissed you with more meaning than any other kiss did. His arms naturally wrapped around you, as yours started to wind around his waist as well. He held you tightly, as you did to him as well. After a while, he finally let you go.

"Wait. What was I saying?" You asked. The kiss made you forget everything.

"You said you'll get back with me." Kiseop lied.

"I did?" You asked. You knew it didn't sound right.

"Yeah. You did." Kiseop smiled sweetly and held your hand. You moved your hand away and said, "No I didn't! Don't lie to me~"

He chuckled and pulled you into another warm embrace. You thought over what you said.

"Oh! I remember now. The thing is I just don't think us together is even a good idea." You said quickly. You turned to leave, but Kiseop gave you a hug from behind.

"Stop. Please. I don't like this." You forced yourself to say.

"I don't want to stop. This was your favorite!"

"It is, but this is not the right moment."

"You're driving me crazy." He let you go and spun you around. He grabbed a chair from an old desk and sat on it, bringing you along causing you to sit on his lap. He held you tightly so you wouldn't leave.

"You're making me desperate for you. You know that? I'm ruining my pride just for you!" He said. "Do you know how long I've thought about coming to you and talking to you?"

"Nope. How would I know?" You said as you rested your head on his shoulder. He felt at ease just having you lean on his shoulder.

"The whole month I've spent without you. That's how long." He says and presses his lips against your forehead. He interlocks one of his hands with yours and you spend time cuddling on that little desk chair. You both were so calm you two ended up sleeping. Finally, the bell rang to go to class.

"Awwh. I'm too comfortable." You said as you sat up and started stretching.

"Me too." He says as he yawns. You both got up and walked to the door. He walked you to class and stopped you before you could walk in.

"So... Will you give me the second chance?" He asks shyly.

"Umm... Yes." You smiled at him. He smiles with relief and hugs you tightly. After he let go, he gave you a short smooch and left.

Not even knowing what will happen next.