Smell The Coffee

It Takes Two

 

Hoon and I are holding hands, waiting with Kevin for Xiao to show up for our ‘double date’. “I thought you said she’d be here at seven.” I whine. The girl could use a little perspective, show up on time and maybe a guy would be able to stand her. Hell she might make some friends that way.

“I know I’m sorry.” Kevin says looking around. “We should just go.” We’ve been waiting for an hour for the girl to show up at the park, no word from her either. Then again she doesn’t like parks; I know Kevin and I both had a blast when we spend the day doing what we wanted.

Hoon happily tugs me away with Kevin following us around. “So now what?” I look over at Kevin, him looking around pleasantly. “Yah, watch out Kevin!” Hoon drops my hand to pull Kevin out of the way of some guy.

Kevin and Hoon do the whole bromance thing before looking at me happily. “We could go to the movies.” Kevin says as Hoon returns to my side, Kevin glares at him for a second before pointing me in the right direction.

Following Kevin I glance at Hoon, smirking happily, at the now irritated Kevin. Watching the back of Kevin’s head I feel a pang of guilt, after all I do know how he felt about me and I rejected him. I didn’t just reject him, but I act all lovey-dovey with Hoon. I’m rubbing it in his face that I’m happy with Kevin as friends, I mean sure I’d really like to give Kevin the chance that I know he deserves so why am I so hesitant? Is it because of the night we had in the hotel room, the night where we both don’t know what happened? I mean we could both take a pretty good guess what happened.

 

“Yah, I have to go back to the dorm, some sort of emergency with AJ.” Hoon says poking me smiling. “So you and Kevin play nice.” He says winking at me before heading off.

I glance at Kevin who looks confused as well. “Well I guess we shouldn’t question it.” He says holding his hand out for me, smiling at me like I’m special.

Taking his hand I smile at him. “You know I feel guilty for how I treat you.” I tell him sighing. “And you just stay by my side.”

“What do you mean Paxton? You treat me like a good friend.” Kevin says as we buy our tickets and head into the theater.

Shaking my head I take a seat and watch him carefully. “It’s just ever since the hotel we haven’t quite been the same.” I tell him slowly watching his reaction. “The night where I broke down on the side of the road…”

Kevin smiles at me. “Hey don’t worry about it. I just want you to be happy; I know this transition isn’t easy for you. I mean you’re sort of a shut in still. Studio and the dorms. You haven’t really seen Seoul.”

Glaring at squeeze his hand, “Stop being so nice to me.”  I mumble glancing at him. “I hate the looks you give Hoon when I joke around with him.”

“Do you like Hoon? Do you want him to be here instead?” He asks me quietly. “Paxton I don’t want you to be upset. I just want you to see life. I wanna know the Paxton that was around when she was happy.”

Glaring at him I drop his hand. “Maybe I do want Hoon here, but I just want you to stop acting like you’re okay with how things are.” I tell him standing up. I’m not sure why I got upset but I did. “I want you to acknowledge that I’m broken, that I’m not okay and I may never be.”

“Paxton…” Kevin says following me out of the theater. “I don’t care about that, maybe we’re all a little broken. Maybe we all need a wakeup call.”

“Then smell the coffee.” I tell him heading towards the dorm. I know I hurt his feelings, I know he wants me to be okay, and I want to be okay, but I feel like I’m running in circles. Like all I can do is pretend like I do with Hoon. It wouldn’t be fair to Kevin if I just pretend with him like that. 



 

Sort of showing Paxton, and Hoon getting along fine and then her fighting with Kevin.

Comment and Subscribe!!