Chapter 3

Annoying Next-Door Neighbours!!!

The next morning...
Sohee woke up groggily when her alarm clock rang. She turned it off and packed her stuff and left the room. She made her bed and went to her closet. Sohee chose a white oversized shirt with jean shorts. Sohee headed to the bathroom to shower. She emerged from it twenty minutes later, her hair was still damp so she used a hair dryer to blow dry it. Sohee picked up her sling bag and went to the kitchen. She poured a bottle of water for herself and waited her Nichkhun to fetch her. Sohee felt her phone vibrating, Nichkhun had texted her saying that he would reach soon. Sohee grabbed her keys and waited outside. Nichkhun's car stopped in front of the house as soon as Sohee had stepped out. Sohee got on to the car quickly and Nichkhun drove to the restaurant where they would be meeting their family members.


At the restaurant...
Sohee and Nichkhun entered the restaurant and sat with their family. Sohee sat with her adopted sister Lee Sunkyu, but she prefers to be called Sunny. Sunny was the same age as Sohee, but she didn't attend Seoul University like Sohee. Sunny attended Busan University instead.

"Unnie I missed you!" Said Sunny, hugging Sohee.

Sohee smiled and hugged her back.

Sohee and Sunny's mom Ahn Min Jung approached them. "Let's go get our food."

They were currently at a breakfast buffet restaurant in Seoul. Sohee, Sunny and Nichkhun got up and grabbed a plate each. The three grabbed a variety of food on each plate so that they could share the food. They returned to the table with a plate each.

"Unnie, I have a few days of vacation next week. Can I visit you?" Asked Sunny?

Sohee thought about it for a while. "I suppose you could, I'm sure the others won't mind. But I'll ask them just in case."

Sohee took out her phone and sent a quick text to the others before putting it into her bag.

The three chatted until they left the restaurant. Sohee hugged her parents and Sunny. Nichkhun did the same. The two boarded Nichkhun's car and he drove Sohee home.

"Thanks oppa." Smiled Sohee.

Nichkhun waved and drove off. Sohee opened the door and plopped down on the sofa. Hyerim came out of the kitchen with a mug of coffee.

"I suppose things went well with your family." Said Hyerim.

"Yeah, Sunny's going to be staying over next week." Said Sohee.

"We got your message and it's a good idea. She can have the guest room." Said Hyerim, sipping her coffee.

"Where are the others?" Asked Sohee?

"They went to the library to do their work. They have that music theory test coming up soon." Replied Hyerim.

"I remember that test, it was a killer for my year." Replied Sohee, remembering her own test.

"Why don't you go and change while I get you a mug of coffee?" Said Hyerim.

"Thanks, do you need anything from your room?" Asked Sohee, getting up.

"Can you grab my laptop? I need to finish up my report." Said Hyerim.

Sohee gave an ok sign and headed upstairs. Sohee set her bag down and tied her hair into a ponytail. She looked out the window and saw Taemin grinning at her.

Sohee opened the window, "What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering when we could work on our project." Replied Taemin.

Sohee thought about it for a while, "How about we discuss about it after class tomorrow. We can use the practice rooms after classes."

"Will do." Replied Taemin, he proceeded to close his window.

Sohee did the same and grabbed Hyerim's laptop and headed downstairs. Sohee saw her mug on the coffee table and set Hyerim's laptop on the table.

"The girls aren't having lunch at home, how 'bout we go out and eat?" Suggested Hyerim, coming out of the kitchen.

"Fine by me, but I'm not that hungry yet. Maybe 1 in the afternoon would be a good time for lunch." Said Sohee, sipping her coffee.

Hyerim turned her laptop on and started on her work. Sohee was reading a book.

"Did something happen with the others? If they were going to study for their music theory test, isn't studying at home the best?" Asked Sohee?

Hyerim sighed and looked up from her laptop, "They were complaining about the boys."

"But Jiyeon and JB seemed fine yesterday." Replied Sohee, thinking back to yesterday's meeting.

"They were getting along just fine until JB made a comment about girls and skating." Replied Hyerim, quoting Jiyeon.

"Well, I feel that the boys aren't that bad. They're just playful." Said Sohee.

"I agree, although they should think before they speak at times. I think Jiyeon was pretty offended at JB's remark. Speaking of the boys, how about we meet them for lunch?" Said Hyerim.

"We barely even know them, other than being neighbors and classmates." Replied Sohee.

"We can get them to discipline the others while we get to know them. We need a plan in case the six of them fight." Reasoned Hyerim.

"You do have a point there. I suppose we do need a plan, especially after what we've seen the first time they met." Said Sohee.

"I'll text Kyuhyun." Said Hyerim.

Hyerim grabbed her phone and texted Kyuhyun. "Do you mind meeting for lunch, we need to come up with a plan in case our friends get into an argument again. We don't want a repeat of the first time they met."

Kyuhyun replied her within a few minutes. "I agree, we'll meet at 1. I have to finish up some stuff first."

"Noted, tell Taemin to come along as well. Sohee will be joining us too." Was Hyerim's message.

"Will do, and do bring the stuff that we need for our project." Was Kyuhyun's reply.

Hyerim didn't reply him, but made a mental note to bring her laptop along. She quickly saved her work and charged her laptop's battery. She had already finished her work yesterday, but was doing some last checks before she had to submit her work on Monday.

"I feel like doing some exercise right now." Mumbled Hyerim.

This didn't go unheard by Sohee, "How about we do some yoga to relieve our stress."

It was common in performing arts courses to do yoga before classes. The most prominent one was Fashion Designing. A class of theirs was yoga, to stimulate creativity. Most performing arts students did them to either warm up or to calm themselves down.

"Sounds good." Smiled Hyerim.

The two headed to the dance studio which they had converted from a guest room. The pair changed into tights and did some stretching. Sohee some relaxing music and the pair did the yoga poses gracefully. The yoga session went on for thirty minutes, Sohee left the music on as she laid on the floor.

"Let's go and shower. It's already 11.58am." Said Hyerim, looking at the digital clock on the wall.

"You can go and shower first." Nodded Sohee.

Hyerim nodded and went to grab her clothes while Sohee headed to her room. Sohee laid on her bed and glanced at the photos on the wall. Sohee was with another guy about two years older than Sohee. He was Sohee's first boyfriend, Kim Heechul. They were a sweet couple and rarely had fights. They were together for almost three years, until they realized that they had feelings for other people. They still had good feelings about each other, but somehow they felt different with each other. Eventually, they broke up on good terms. They still kept in contact, but rarely met each other as they were both busy. Sohee got out her laptop and opened up her webcam, she smiled as she saw the name, Min Sunye. Sunye was one of Sohee's closest friends, Sohee considered her as a sister. Sunye had graduated from Seoul University two years earlier and was now working in a publishing firm. Sohee clicked Sunye's name and the latter's face appeared on the screen.

"Hi unnie!" Grinned Sohee!

"Sohee, how have you and Hyerim been?" Asked Sunye, setting down the mug she was holding.

"We've been fine, but the project deadline is coming up soon, so we've been pretty busy lately." Replied Sohee.

"I can see that you're working hard. How about we meet for coffee after your project deadline? Sooyoung mentioned about having a gathering soon." Said Sunye.

"I think that's possible, tell me the details when things are confirmed." Said Sohee.

"No problem, anyway I have to get back to work. I'll chat with you again soon." Said Sunye.

"Bye unnie!" Said Sohee, closing her webcam.

Sunye was able to work from home most of the time. The company she worked for allowed the employees to work at home, but had weekly meetings that every employee had to attend. Sunye and Sohee were friends in high school, when Sohee joined the student council. Many of Sohee's friends outside of her university were mostly from her high school's student council, Seoul Arts High School. Most of them were either her age or older than her. Just then Hyerim came in with her towel.

"I just spoke to Sunye unnie and she mentioned something about a reunion with the others." Grinned Sohee.

"We haven't seen them in a while, I suppose we should meet up." Said Hyerim.

"Sunye unnie said she will tell us the details when things are confirmed." Said Sohee, going through her closet.

Sohee decided on a faded blue denim wrap dress. Sohee grabbed her towel and headed to the bathroom. Hyerim shook her head and thought back on her high school life. High school was definitely fun, she had a great time. She had good and supportive friends and good grades. Being in the student council allowed her to befriend and meet lots of different people. Hyerim went downstairs to grab her laptop and packed it into her backpack. Sohee came down in twenty minutes while Hyerim washed their mugs. Sohee had brought down her own backpack, which mostly likely contained her laptop. Hyerim checked the clock and it showed 12.53pm.

"Shall we head over?" Asked Hyerim?

Sohee nodded and put on a pair of denim blue sneakers, Hyerim put on a pair of white and lavender trainers. They got their bags and Hyerim proceeded to lock the door. The two girls walked over to the boys' house and Sohee pressed the doorbell. Taemin opened the door and let the girls in. 

"How about we go to that cafe we were at yesterday?" Suggested Taemin, as Kyuhyun came down in a white simple shirt and jeans.  Taemin himself wore a gray shirt with black jeans.

"I'm fine with it." Replied Sohee, glancing at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded showing his approval of the choice and Hyerim also gave a nod..

"We'll walk there, since the weather is so nice." Said Sohee.

"Let's go then." Said Kyuhyun.

Taemin locked the door and the quartet headed to the park. It was a fifteen minute walk to the park and the four chose a spacious window booth. A waitress handed them their menus. Hyerim decided on a prawn and salmon bento with a chocolate milkshake. Sohee decided to get a bowl of black bean sauce noodle and a vanilla milkshake. Kyuhyun chose a bowl of prawn ramen and iced cappuccino. Taemin chose a chicken and unagi bento with an iced mocha.

"So what should we do when the six of them fight?" Asked Hyerim.

"Jiyeon and Suzy have been complaining about the boys non-stop." Said Sohee.

"Same for JB and Myungsoo." Replied Taemin.

"How about we lock them in a room and have them talk things out?" Suggested Kyuhyun, who had an evil smirk on his face.

"That could work, although I think Jiyeon, JB, Suzy and Myungsoo will still end up arguing. I'm pretty sure that Ji Eun and Wooyoung won't get involved. They are the peace makers apparently." Said Hyerim.

"Why don't we lock those who are arguing in a closet or room for them to argue. They'll eventually stop." Said Kyuhyun.

"Doesn't that sound kind of harsh? And besides I don't think it will be that easy to get them into a room to talk things through." Said Taemin.

"That's the hard part." Sighed Sohee.

They continued discussing until their food came. The conversation topic had changed completely. They were talking about their lives, getting to know each other better.

"So why did you guys decide to transfer in the middle of the term?" Asked Hyerim, taking a sip of her milkshake.

"Our original landlord didn't want to rent our old apartment to us anymore and the other apartments we found we either too small for the five of us or were too far from Gwangju University." Replied Kyuhyun.

"Our friend told us about our current apartment and that it was near to Seoul University. We talked to the landlord and he agreed to rent the house to us. And we transferred here." Added Taemin.

"It would be funny if the six of them met up right now." Giggled Sohee.

"It would be, but what are the chances of them meeting?" Asked Kyuhyun?

"Pretty low, since they don't particularly have the same interests." Said Taemin.

But little did the four know that the six of them really did meet up, by accident of course.


With Jiyeon, Suzy and Ji Eun, two hours earlier...

Jiyeon, Ji Eun and Suzy were sitting in the library doing their music theory homework and a practice paper to prepare for their test. Jiyeon glanced at her watch and yawned. She grabbed her water bottle and took a drink.

"How do you do this?" Asked Suzy, showing them her book.

Ji Eun picked up her pencil and pointed to her own book and explained it to Suzy. Jiyeon listened as well as she hasn't done that question yet. This continued for another hour until Ji Eun checked her phone.

"Wow, it's already three past twelve. Let's go grab some lunch, we can finish the rest at home." Said Ji Eun.

Both Suzy and Jiyeon agreed and packed up their stuff and left the library.

"Ji Eun-shi!" Called a voice.

Ji Eun turned to the source of the voice and smiled. It was none other than Jang Wooyoung. Jiyeon and Suzy on the other hand groaned inwardly when they saw Myungsoo and JB behind Wooyoung.

"So what are you girls doing here?" Asked Wooyoung?

"Studying for that music theory test." Replied Jiyeon.

"And we're going to grab some lunch right now." Added Suzy.

"Mind if we join you?" Asked Myungsoo?

Both Suzy and Jiyeon were taken aback by the question, but Ji Eun simply nodded. "Sure, the more the merrier!"

Ji Eun wanted to make full use of this opportunity for the other four to get along better. Suzy and Jiyeon secretly glared at their friend while Ji Eun just shrugged them off. Just the six heard excited shrieks. Myungsoo, JB and Wooyoung turned around and gave horrified looks.

"Fangirls!" Thought the three boys.

"Not this again." Groaned Suzy and Jiyeon inwardly, while Ji Eun just sighed..

Ji Eun quickly gestured for them to separate. Wooyoung nodded and he and Ji Eun headed in one direction. JB, Jiyeon, Myungsoo and Suzy did the same. Ji Eun promised to text them on where to meet when they have shaken off the boys' fangirls. Wooyoung and Ji Eun managed to evade the former's fangirls by heading into a music store, which lead to Ji Eun buying a new guitar pick and composing pad. Ji Eun texted the girls, telling them to meet at the back entrance of the mall.

"Come on, I know a short cut to the back entrance." Said Ji Eun.

Wooyoung followed Ji Eun as they headed down the stairs which led to the back entrance. The pair emerged from the staircase and met JB and Jiyeon.

"Where's Suzy and Myungsoo?" Asked Ji Eun, after waiting for a couple of minutes.

"I don't know, she didn't reply my texts." Replied Jiyeon, worriedly.

"Guys, I just asked around and the lift on the 3rd floor broke down a couple of minutes ago. I really hope that the two of them aren't trapped in there." Said JB.

Jiyeon and Ji Eun gasped. "I hope Suzy is alright, she'll have a mental breakdown if she was trapped in the lift." Mumbled Ji Eun.

"What do you mean?" Asked Wooyoung?

"Suzy is claustrophobic, she can't stay in dark and cramped spaces for too long. Otherwise she'll have a panic attack." Explained Jiyeon. 

"Maybe we should head to the information counter." Suggested Wooyoung.

The other three nodded and headed to the information counter.
 


Meanwhile with Suzy and Myungsoo...

Myungsoo grabbed Suzy's hand and dragged her towards the lift lobby.

"Let's take the lift down." Said Myungsoo.

Suzy nodded and the pair entered the lift with a few others. The lift was traveling to the 2nd floor when the lights turned off. A scream from a young girl was heard and the people began murmuring, becoming panicked by the minute. Suzy slowly kneeled down and hugged her knees. Myungsoo checked his phone for any signal before he noticed that Suzy wasn't beside him anymore. He used his phone's light and found Suzy hugging her legs, slightly further from where he was standing.

"Is everything alright?" Asked Myungsoo softly.

Suzy shook her head and Myungsoo could see a tear falling. A young lady beside Suzy, patted her shoulder. Advising her to calm down, and another passenger had called for help. All that they could do was wait, until the problem was fixed. Myungsoo looked at Suzy nervously, it was pretty much his fault. If he hadn't suggested that they ride the lift, this probably wouldn't have happened. Myungsoo squatted beside Suzy and put a comforting arm around her shoulder. Suzy didn't argue with him, she needed that comforting shoulder. The lady was still massaging Suzy's shoulder, hoping that it will calm her down. Suzy's breathing gradually began to stabilize. After twenty minutes, the lights came back on and the door opened. Myungsoo and the lady helped Suzy up.. Myungsoo spotted JB and the others and signaled to them. The other four quickly rushed to Suzy's side while the lady that was with Suzy spoke to Suzy.

Jiyeon and Ji Eun bombarded Suzy with questions until she gave a sigh. The lady patted Suzy's shoulder and Wooyoung gasped.

"Amelia! What are you doing here?" Asked Wooyoung?

The girl grinned and faced Wooyoung.

"Who are you?" Asked JB?

"This my step-sister Amelia Jung. I'm not sure what she's doing here, she's supposed to be in England right now." Explained Wooyoung.

"It's my break right now, and I decided to come back." Replied Amelia.

"Thanks for helping Suzy, I'm Park Jiyeon and that's Lee Ji Eun." Said Jiyeon.

"I'm Im Jaebum, but I prefer to be called JB, and that's Kim Myungsoo." Said JB.

"Jaebum, you're Yoona's brother aren't you?" Asked Amelia.

JB nodded and Amelia continued, "She came back to Korea with me. I think she's with your parents right now. You should call her."

"Why didn't she tell me that she was coming home?" Mumbled JB.

"Do you guys need a lift back?" Asked Amelia?

"We could use one, I don't think Suzy is in a good shape right now." Said Ji Eun.

"But we don't want to be a bother, we were going to call our friend to pick us up." Added Jiyeon.

Amelia smiled, "It's not a bother. I'll take you home."

Amelia led them to her car, while Wooyoung and JB helped Suzy to walk. Myungsoo carried their stuff. Wooyoung told Amelia their address and the latter drove off. Jiyeon texted Sohee and Hyerim about Suzy and promised to return home right away. It was a fifteen minute drive from the mall to the girls' house. Sohee, Hyerim, Kyuhyun and Taemin were waiting for them inside the house. Sohee let Amelia and the boys in while Hyerim and Jiyeon brought Suzy to her room. Ji Eun went to the kitchen to get a glass of warm water and Suzy's medicine.

"What happened?" Asked Kyuhyun?

"It's my fault actually." Admitted Myungsoo.

Myungsoo explained the situation and to his surprise, Sohee wasn't mad at him.

"It was an accident, but be more careful next time. But I guess accidents like this can't be avoided." Said Sohee.

"So Amelia, what are you studying?" Asked Taemin?

"I'm taking psychology at Oxford University." Replied Amelia.

"You're aiming to be a doctor?" Asked JB?

"Maybe, but a councillor would be fine too." Shrugged Amelia.

"Anyway, we should be getting back. We shall not disturb you girls, but tell Hyerim to come over so we can work on our project." Said Kyuhyun, getting up.

"I'll tell her that, nice to have you boys over." Smiled Sohee.

"I'll get back home too, Wooyoung you better pay a visit during the weekends.." Said Amelia.

"I'll take note of that." Said Wooyoung.

Amelia and Sohee exchanged numbers in case Suzy needed someone to talk to. Amelia too left the girls an Sohee went to check up on Suzy. Jiyeon pulled Sohee into her room, where Hyerim and Ji Eun were waiting.

"She's fine right now, just tired." Said Jiyeon.

"Kyuhyun asked you to go over to do your project." Said Sohee.

"I'll get going then." Said Hyerim, grabbing her laptop and left the room.

"Should we call her family?" Asked Ji Eun?

Jiyeon and Ji Eun sent a look to Sohee. "We'll see how things go first, if she still isn't alright by tomorrow, we'll call her family." Sighed Sohee.

"I'll go and cook some lunch for us." Said Jiyeon.

"I've already eaten, you girls go on ahead. I'll take care of Suzy." Said Sohee.

Jiyeon and Ji Eun headed downstairs to eat their lunch and Sohee went to Suzy's room. Sohee dipped a towel into some water and placed it on Suzy's forehead. Sohee let Suzy sleep for a while before going back to her room. Sohee slipped on her head phones and played some classical music. She got out her music score sheets and started looking through and editing them. Sohee used her phone's piano app to play what she had written on her scores, as se didn't want to wake Suzy up by playing the piano. When Sohee was satisfied, she put away that score and began working on another one.
 


Meanwhile with Suzy...

Suzy blinked and looked around, she saw Ji Eun on her bed reading.

Ji Eun saw her, "You're awake."

Ji Eun helped Suzy sit up and handed her a glass of water.

"What happened?" Asked Suzy?

"You were trapped in a lift back at the mall, you fainted so we brought you home." Replied Ji Eun.

Suzy nodded, "I want to go downstairs."

"Alright, wait in the living room while I get your lunch." Said Ji Eun.

Ji Eun helped Suzy out of bed and accompanied Suzy downstairs. Jiyeon saw them and headed into the kitchen to get Suzy's food and a glass of water. Jiyeon set them on the dining table as Ji Eun brought Suzy over.

"Are feeling ok?" Asked Jiyeon?

Suzy nodded, "I have a bit of a headache though."

"Eat your food, while I go and get you medicine." Said Ji Eun.

Suzy nodded and ate her lunch, which was a bowl of chicken porridge. Ji Eun returned with Suzy's medicine and two mugs of tea. Ji Eun handed one of them to Jiyeon and set Suzy's medicine as well as her own mug on the table.

After eating her lunch, Suzy took her medicine and sat on the sofa relaxing. Jiyeon texted Hyerim about Suzy's condition.
 


Meanwhile at the boys' house...
Hyerim and Kyuhyun were in the living room discussing their project until Jiyeon's message came. Hyerim relayed the news to the boys, who gave a sigh of relief. Myungsoo stole a look at the girls' place, feeling pretty guilty.


We've got a big Myungzy moment in this chapter and it will continue it the next few chapters. I've also introduced some new characters, SNSD's  Sunny as Sohee's younger sister. Super Junior's Heechul as Sohee's ex-boyfriend, Wonder Girls's Sunye and SNSD's Sooyoung as Hyerim and Sohee's friends. SNSD's Yoona as JB's older sister and an OC Amelia Jung as Wooyoung's step-sister, they'll appear more often from now on. So look out for them, and tell me who you would like to see as their friends or enemies.

Please subcribe and comment! Don't be a silent reader!