Chapter 2

Annoying Next-Door Neighbours!!!

Hyerim got up groggily when her alarm rang. She sat up and shook Suzy. The girls took turns to wake each other up, the five girls left their hideout and went to the washroom to freshen up.

After freshening up, Sohee glanced at her watch. "We should be going to the hall right now."

The others nodded and made their way to the hall. Ji Eun waved to Wooyoung when she saw him outside the hall. Wooyoung flashed her a smile in return. Ji Eun entered the hall with her friends and went to find the table with her name on it. Before entering the hall, all students were required to place their bags and mobile devices in the room next door. All of them were scattered around the hall. Eventually, Ji Eun found her seat in the middle of the the hall. Ji Eun felt someone tap her shoulder, she turned around and found Wooyoung behind her. Wooyoung placed his stationary on the seat behind Ji Eun's.. Ji Eun and Wooyoung prepared their stationary and got ready for the exam. Ji Eun looked around the hall, she spotted Taemin sitting in front of Sohee, JB was to the left of Jiyeon, Suzy was in between Myungsoo and Kyuhyun. Hyerim sat behind Suzy. Ji Eun shook her head when she saw Jiyeon glaring at JB, the latter was smirking at Jiyeon. Ji Eun was sure that JB said something that managed to piss off Jiyeon. Ji Eun turned her attention back to the current situation. Most of the students had already settled down, the professors were going along the rows to mark attendance. After marking the attendance, the professors handed out the exam scripts to the students. The professor proceeded to explain that it was going to be a two hour paper. The students took out their pens and started doing the paper. Ji Eun took a deep breath and started doing her paper.



Two hours later...
Ji Eun waited for most of the students to exit the hall, before making her way to Sohee's table which wasn't far from hers. The two girls left the hall and met up with the other girls as well as Junho and Nichkhun. Junho offered to have the girls over for dinner at the apartment the two shared with Minjun.. But the girls declined as they were feeling pretty tired and wanted to go home instead.

"What about your dinner then?" asked Nichkhun.

"We'll grab some takeout I guess." Shrugged Jiyeon.

"Tell you what, how about Khun and I bring dinner over later." Suggested Junho.

"Will it be a bother?" Asked Sohee?

"It's no problem. We'll stop by in early in the evening." Replied Nichkhun.

The girls nodded and headed to the car park to get Hyerim's car. Suzy groaned when she saw Myungsoo standing near Hyerim's car.

"Yo noona!" Said Myungsoo.

Hyerim smiled and unlocked her car. The girls got in, with Suzy trying to avoid his gaze.

"Who are you waiting for?" Asked Sohee?

"Kyuhyun hyung, he needed to get something from the general office." Replied Myungsoo.

"Where are the other three?" Asked Hyerim.

"They should be with Kyuhyun hyung." Shrugged Myungsoo.

"Well, we'll be going." Said Hyerim.

Hyerim got in the car and locked the doors. She started the engine and drove out of the school compound. Myungsoo waited for a couple of minutes before the other guys came out. Kyuhyun unlocked the car.

"What took you so long?" Asked Myungsoo?

"Sorry, we got held up a bit." Said Taemin.

"Anyway, the girls just left." Said Myungsoo, getting into Kyuhyun's car.

JB rolled his eyes. "We were a little late,  if not we could have talked with them for a little while."

"More like flirting." Retorted Taemin.

"Besides, we're neighbors. It's not like you'll only see them in school." Pointed out Kyuhyun.



The ride back home was pretty quiet. When they arrived, Kyuhyun parked the car in garage. The boys all retreated to their rooms. Wooyoung glanced at Ji Eun's room, she noticed him and give him a smile. Ji Eun disappeared for a minute before reappearing with a sketch pad.

On it she wrote, "How was the paper?"

Ji Eun held it up for Wooyoung to see. Wooyoung smiled and grabbed his own sketch pad and marker.

"It was okay, but I'm not confident that I'll score well." Was Wooyoung's answer.

"Well, it is your first time taking this type of paper, you'll do better when you attend General Studies class." Wrote Ji Eun.

"Thanks for the encouragement." Wooyoung wrote.

Ji Eun smiled in return and the two went back to what they were doing previously, but not before exchanging cellphone numbers. They wrote their respective numbers on the sketch pads. Ji Eun grabbed her phone and saved Wooyoung's number. Ji Eun closed the window when Sohee called her for dinner. Ji Eun could see Junho in the kitchen when she came down from her room. Junho hugged his sister before leaving the house. Nichkhun was waiting in the car for him. Sohee waved at them and watched the car drive away.

Ji Eun smiled when she smelled the food. Sohee was scooping rice for everybody, while Ji Eun helped Hyerim transfer the food from their containers into bowls. Suzy and Jiyeon were setting the table. Ji Eun helped Hyerim bring the dishes to the dining table while Suzy and Jiyeon brought over the rice. Sohee brought out the leftover rice in case anyone wanted seconds.

Ji Eun ate a piece of soya sauce chicken and smiled. It was her mother's recipes. Junho knew how to cook her mother's recipes, Ji Eun was still learning from Junho and her mother.

"Ji Eun, your mom's recipes are great." Said Suzy.

"I'll tell her you said that." Laughed Ji Eun.

Throughout dinner, the girls discussed about this afternoon's paper. All of the agreed that the paper was a lot more challenging than before. But it was no use worrying, they had already taken the paper.

"Well, we shouldn't worry about it too much. What's over is over." Said Sohee.

The girls were pretty smart and were always in the top ten of their course. They had always scored As in their previous General Papers, but due to the changes they weren't very confident about scoring well. Dinner went by pretty quickly. The girls helped clean up and started packing for their lesson the next day. Only Jiyeon was free tomorrow, she would be at home. The girls went to shower before heading to sleep.
 


The next morning...
Suzy felt someone poking her. She tossed and turned, but the poking continued. It finally stopped when he sat up on her bed. Suzy rubbed her eyes and saw Sohee grinning at her.

"You better get ready in fifteen minutes, if not I can't drive you to school.. And you'll be late if you take the bus." Said Sohee, pointing to the wall clock, which showed 9.37am.

Suzy's eyes widened. "Why didn't anyone are we up earlier?"

"Ji Eun and Jiyeon tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't budge. Ji Eun already left. Jiyeon already made breakfast." Said Sohee.

Sohee left the room and Suzy picked out her clothes. She picked a black tank top with a white pleated skirt and a jean jacket. Suzy went to have a quick shower and went to eat her breakfast. Jiyeon handed her a box of sandwiches that she could eat on the way as well as her lunch box and water bottle. Sohee and Suzy bid Jiyeon and Hyerim farewell and left the house.

Hyerim shook her head when the two girls left. "You would think that she hadn't kicked the habit of staying up late and waking up late."

"Well, that's how she is. We've tried lots of way to get her to sleep early, but it hasn't worked so far. She'll only sleep early if she's had a bad day.." Said Jiyeon.

Hyeim glanced at her food. Hyerim's only class only started at 2 in the afternoon, so she had plenty of time.

"Well, the day we visited the boys was the only day that she actually slept early." Said Hyerim.

Jiyeon didn't reply but simply went back to eating her breakfast. After breakfast, Jiyeon and Hyerim took out the inflatable pools and water guns to clean them. During their summer breaks, they would dig them out and use them to cool down. Summer break was about a month and a half away. And it had been two months since they had cleaned and washed the pools.

"How about we have some water fun tomorrow? I think everyone could use a break." Suggested Hyerim.

"Why not? Let's discuss it with the girls later during dinner." Said Jiyeon.

"Can you get take out tonight? I feel like eating Chinese food." Said Hyerim..

"Sure. I'll ask the girls what they want to eat before ordering." Said Jiyeon.

The two girls spent the next hour washing and cleaning the water equipment. By the time they had finished, the both of them were extremely wet and it was nearly lunch time too. The two girls proceeded to take a bath and Jiyeon cooked some ramen to the two girls' lunch. Hyerim prepared two bowls and two sets of chopsticks. Jiyeon carefully carried the pot to the table.

"How about we have a sleepover tonight?" Suggested Jiyeon.

"We can sleep in my room, it can fit the five of us. We can use our sleeping bags." Said Hyerim.

The girls stopped eating and texted the others about the idea. The other girls agreed to the idea and promised to come home early today.

"Well, that's done. I better go take a bath and head to school. There's bound to be a traffic jam during lunch  hour." Muttered Hyerim.

Hyerim and Jiyeon finished their food, and Jiyeon washed the dishes while Hyerim went to take a bath. Hyerim came out half an hour later with her bag and laptop. Hyerim was dressed in a pink dress with a dark pink ribbon around her waist. She also wore a white cardigan with black ballet pumps. Jiyeon handed her her water bottle and some food, in case she got hungry. Hyerim fished out her car keys and left the house.



After Hyerim left, Jiyeon went to her room to rest. Jiyeon lay down on her bed and texted the girls on what they wanted to eat for dinner. Jiyeon felt bored, she looked out her window and scowled. She saw JB grinning at her.

"What do you want?" Asked Jiyeon?

Their houses were pretty near each other, so it was possible to talk to each other just by opening the windows.

"Nothing, just wanted to see you are doing." Smirked JB.

Jiyeon shook her head. "Well, I'm bored. Maybe I should go to the park."

"Mind if I join you?" Asked JB.

Jiyeon thought about it for a while. "Alright, as long as you don't bother me."

JB grinned and closed his window. Jiyeon did the same and pulled out her skates from her cupboard. Jiyeon grabbed her backpack and house keys. She put on her skates and left the house, but locking the door before she left. She met JB outside his house, on his bike. Jiyeon skated past him and headed for the park. Jiyeon enjoyed skating, she used to be the junior skating champion in her hometown when she was younger. JB shook his head and cycled after her. Eventually JB caught up to Jiyeon when she stopped by a traffic light.

"You're not bad on skates." Said JB.

Jiyeon was surprised. This was the first sentence that he spoke that did not actually annoy her. Jiyeon smiled slightly, but it became a frown when JB said something.

"I didn't think that girls like you would enjoy skating." Shrugged JB.

"Well, for your information girls do enjoy these kind of stuff too. It's just we don't show it." Retorted Jiyeon calmly.

Jiyeon looked at the traffic light and it turned to green Jiyeon looked left and right before skating across, JB followed behind her. The park was just across the traffic light. After entering the park, Jiyeon felt her phone vibrating. The others had replied her about dinner. Jiyeon put away her phone in her pocket and skated around the park. After a while Jiyeon headed to the cafe in the park. Jiyeon sat on one of the nearby benches to remove her skates so that she could change into her slippers. After changing her shoes, she headed into the cafe and ordered an iced mocha latte. JB too entered the cafe after parking his bike outside. JB ordered a coke float. Jiyeon and JB headed to a booth.

"Do out mind if I sit with you?" Asked JB.

"Not at all." Replied Jiyeon. 

The waitress brought them their drinks. "Enjoy your date."

Jiyeon and JB shared a nervous look.

"Erm, we are not a couple." Laughed Jiyeon nervously.

JB nodded.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just assumed you were, since you guys came in together. But enjoy your drinks." Replied the waitress, she bowed and left.

Silence overtook the pair as they drank their drinks. Jiyeon and JB both felt their phones vibrating, Sohee and Taemin had messaged them. Jiyeon replied Sohee, that she was in the park's cafe. JB sent a similar reply to Taemin. Within fifteen minutes, Sohee and Taemin had arrived together.

Jiyeon raised her eyebrow. "Why did you guys come together?"

Sohee rolled her eyes and took a seat next to Jiyeon. "I was already home when I texted you. I met him outside his house when I decided to head here. So we came together."

"But I guess we should be asking you two that question. Why are you guys here together?" Asked Taemin, taking the seat next to JB.

"I came to the park alone, but he decide to follow me." Said Jiyeon, rolling her eyes. 

"I was bored, so when I saw her going to the park, I decided to follow her." Shrugged JB.

Sohee and Taemin shared a look, but accepted the explanations that the two gave.

"Noona by any chance do you know when the results of the general paper is going to be out?" Asked JB?

"Usually the results will be out two weeks before vacation. But we don't know the exact date, but it is around there." Shrugged Sohee.

The same waitress that served JB and Jiyeon earlier came and took Sohee and Taemin's orders. Sohee ordered a chocolate milkshake and Taemin ordered Taiwan bubble tea with pearls. The waitress returned a few minutes later with their orders. The four chatted about school ad other stuff, the girls got to know the guys better. After twenty more minutes, the group paid their bill and left their cafe. JB grabbed his bike and the four headed for home. Jiyeon and Sohee parted ways with the guys at the traffic light, they were going to grab takeout for dinner.
 


Jiyeon and Sohee headed to the popular Chinese restaurant downtown. The restaurant was run by the mother of a close friend of the girls, Wang Fei Fei, who prefers to be called Fei. Fei's family is Chinese but her family move to Korea due to her father's work. Her mother opened the restaurant not long after her family had settled here. Jiyeon and Sohee entered the restaurant and were greeted by Fei and her cousin, Victoria Song who is living with them. Victoria attended Seoul University along with Fei, both majoring in dance. Victoria is also the girlfriend of Nichkhun, they have been dating for over a year now.

"Sohee! Jiyeon! What can I do for you?" Asked Fei's mother.

"Auntie, we would like to order sweet and sour pork, sambal French beans, crispy fried tofu and cereal prawns to go please." Said Sohee, after looking at the menu.

Fei took their orders and brought it to the kitchen. Victoria asked them to take a seat, as it would take a while for their order to be ready. The girls decided to get their dinner early as the restaurant was pretty popular. The food was good and the prices were reasonable, so there was bound to be a huge crowd. To avoid the dinner crowd, the girls decided to come early. Within twenty minutes, the food was ready. Sohee paid for the food and thanked Victoria, Fei and Mdm Wang before leaving.

The girls didn't work part time to pay for their school fees. Instead they own an online shopping mall. The five girls set up the shop during their last year in high school. They sold female and children clothes for all ages and accessories. Ji Eun's family ran a few accessory stores while Sohee's family ran a chain clothing of stores and clothes producing factories. They got their stock with the help from Ji Eun and Sohee's family shops. Hyerim was in charge of finances while Suzy and Jiyeon regularly update their website. The girls also design their own accessory and clothes before sending them to the factory which Sohee's family owned.

Sohee and Hyerim came from very wealthy families, but they weren't  spoilt or anything. They worked to pay their own school fees, Ji Eun's and Sohee's families insisted that they help with the shopping mall. The girls initially refused the help, but eventually gave in. They agreed to help get the supply of their stock.

After a ten minute walk, the girls had reached home. Jiyeon grabbed her keys and opened the door. Ji Eun was sitting at in the living room watching television.

"Hyerim and Suzy aren't back yet." Said Ji Eun.

Ji Eun turned off the television and went to the kitchen to help Sohee. Jiyeon went to keep her skates in her room and left Sohee's bag in her own room. Ji Eun was washing the rice while Sohee transferred the food into bowls and washed the plastic containers. Suzy and Hyerim came home at around 6.20pm due to a traffic jam.

"Dinner is almost ready, go change first and you'll be able to eat already." Called Ji Eun from the kitchen.

Sohee and Jiyeon went to change their clothes a few minutes earlier. Sohee and Jiyeon came down as Suzy and Hyerim were about to go upstairs. Ji Eun scooped the rice while Sohee brought the food out. Jiyeon was washing the forks and spoons. After putting the forks and spoons on the dining table, Jiyeon went to help Ji Eun bring out the rice. Hyerim and Suzy came down a few minutes later. Jiyeon handed out the utensils and thy stared eating.

"How about we have a sleepover tonight?" Asked Hyerim?

Sohee's face lit up. "Yeah, we could have it in the living room or our room."

"The living room will be a bit of a squeeze, even if we moved the furniture. So having it in your room would be better." Replied Ji Eun.

"I agree with Ji Eun." Said Suzy.

Jiyeon also nodded in agreement. Eventually they decided that they would sleep in Sohee and Hyerim's room. Their room had lesser furniture and was a lot bigger. The house originally had five bedrooms. But they converted two of the rooms into a dance studio on the ground floor and an entertainment room on the second floor respectively. Other other three were kept the same, two bedrooms were shared by five people and the last room was a guest room. The entertainment room was connected to Sohee and Hyerim's room. The girls had originally planned to use the connecting rooms as their bedrooms, but Suzy, Jiyeon and Ji Eun's current room wouldn't be able to be converted into an entertainment room due to it's size.

Dinner ended within half an hour. Sohee and Ji Eun went to prepare the entertainment room while the other three washes the dishes. After preparing the room, Ji Eun grabbed the girl's pillows and blankets. Sohee pulled out two big mattresses and placed them in the middle of the room. Ji Eun placed the stuff on the mattresses. The two girls grabbed the blankets as it was pretty cold in the entertainment room. Sohee opened the connecting door and left it open for easy access.

Hyerim was popping popcorn while Suzy and Jiyeon were pulling out the sofa beds to sit on. Ji Eun and Sohee and handed them their blankets. Hyerim came over with a bowl of popcorn and she placed it on a nearby table. Sohee brought over a pitcher of water and cups. Ji Eun brought over several board games. Eventually they decided on playing monopoly. Jiyeon and Ji Eun set up the game while Suzy put the other games aside. Hyerim and Sohee the speakers and some music. Hyerim played some classical music to unwind, they all enjoyed classical music for some reason.

After an hour of playing games the girls felt tired and decided to set up their sleepover in the entertainment room instead. Hyerim, Jiyeon and Suzy went over to collect their blankets. Ji Eun and Sohee cleaned up and kept the games. When Hyerim, Suzy and Jiyeon returned with the blankets and pillows, Sohee had disappeared from the room.

"Sohee unnie is cooking supper." Said Ji Eun, arranging the games neatly.

Sohee came up fifteen minutes later with a food container of ramen. Ji Eun went to grab some bowls and chopsticks.

"I'm hungry, even though we have dinner a couple of hours ago." Grinned Suzy..

"We were discussing about having a water fight tomorrow afternoon." Said Hyerim.

"It's a good idea since it's the middle of summer right now." Said Jiyeon.

"I'm fine with it, but I have to meet my family tomorrow morning for breakfast. So I'll be out pretty early." Said Sohee.

Sohee met up with her family every month for meals, usually during the weekends. It was sort of a special thing for them. She would also be able to meet her siblings, who were in different collages. Usually they would meet for lunch or dinner but Sohee's parents were going overseas in the evening, so they decided to meet for breakfast instead. Nichkhun would be there too. Nichkhun was adopted by her late uncle and aunt who died in a car accident a few years back. They were unable to have any kids, so they looked to adoption instead.

The other girls regularly met up with their families too. They usually for three to four weeks during their semester breaks.

"I can't believe that we only a month left before the project deadline." Sighed Suzy.

The project deadline was three weeks before summer break. The last three weeks were reserved for club activities, sports day and other stuff. The last day of the semester was one of the best days. There were no classes on that day, it was a special fun fair for both the students and the general public. All the students were involved one way or another. The girls were all in different groups for the fun fair.

Ji Eun and Sohee were in the MC and DJ group. There were in charge of music and doing announcements over the PA system. Jiyeon and Suzy were in charge of decorating the place. While Hyerim was one of the overall ICs in charge of the fun fair, she needed to go around the fun fair and make sure everything was fine.

"How's preparations for the fun fair coming along?" Asked Sohee?

"It's going smoothly, most of the details are approved. It's just some minor stuff that still needs to be done." Replied Hyerim.

The girls continued discussing about the fun fair, until their were tired. Jiyeon and Suzy brought the bowls down to be washed. While the others were to brush their teeth and got ready for bed.


Yay! An update! We have some postive JJ Couple and WooU interactions here! Myungzy fans, don't worry their time will come very soon. I have something special planned for them. Anyway, I need suggestions on who to use for who to use as the characters' family members. I need suggestions for both the guys and the girls. Subscribe and comment, don't be a silent reader!