Chapter 4

We're married and there's no love.

Seo Hyun's POV

I shoved his hand away and ran. I was still crying. I went to my class and took my bag and walk away.

So right now. I'm at a park near my house. This is actually the first time i skip school. If my parents find out about this. I WILL BE DEAD. Well, it's too late to go back right? Besides, I don't even want to go back to that place. I don't want to tolerate those bastards and es. Most importantly, I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM! What is his problem anyway? I can't help but cry again.

Jong Hyun's POV

She shoved my hand away and ran. I paused for a while. I can't help but to think back what she said. Then i went down to look for her. I saw her walking out of the school premise. She's skipping school? Without thinking i followed her.

She's crying again. I hide behind the tree and watch her from there. I don't know why but i waited there. After an hour, she stops crying. She got up and walk away. I followed behind her. She keep on walking and walking till she's tired then she squat down. Her head was buried under her legs. I can tell she's crying again. I'm getting tired of following her. Wait. Why am i even following her for? Stupid. I walk away. But, she's crying. Alone. It's getting dark too. She's a girl too right? As a guy i shouldn't leave her there right? She's your so-called-wife too. Aishh. I turn back. Fortunately, she's still squatting there, crying. I walk towards her and squat in front of her.

"Sometimes people do things without thinking the consequence. They do things recklessly like hurting others feeling. Sometime they don't really mean it. But, there are also people who really mean it. All we can do is just ignoring them. Let them do what they want. What they did is just dumb and immature. Look, what I’m trying to say is. You have already put up with it for years. Don't give up on that. You're strong. There're weak. There's nothing they can do to bring you down. So, don't cry. Don't cry because of what they did to you. That will just make them win. No you can't let them win. Keep on fighting till the end. Show them what you're capable of. After all, you're the winner." She looks at me while her tears were still falling to her cheeks.

"Why are you telling me this? You are one of them. I don't need lectures from someone like you." Well, it's true.

"Look, i know what i did was wrong. I'm sorry. But what i told you just now was from the bottom of my heart. You can choose not to listen." She doesn’t know what to say this time. Then she looks down again.

"I can't do this anymore. I know i've been putting up with them for years. I can't do it anymore. I'm tired. I'm sick of putting up with them. It makes me feel pathetic. I'm really tired." She continues crying.

"This time is not the same. You're not alone. I'm here for you. I know this is weird but I am your husband. The least i can do is to protect you." 

"You're saying that just to comfort me. I know you hate me." Well, yea i do hate you.

"Look. I promise that i'll be there for you when you need me." This is just weird. Why do i have the urge to protect her? Why am i trying this hard to convince her to trust me?

"Hey, look at me. I'm talking to you here. You could at least give me an answer." She looks up and look me in the eyes and says.

"You really meant what you said? You're not going to take back those words right?" I nodded.

"Promise?" I smiled "Promise!" She gave me a smile. It's my first time seeing her smile. I can't help but to smile back.

"Come on. Aren't you tired? You've been wandering around for hours." I offer her my hand.

"Did you follow me around?" She tilt her head to the right.

"Duh! How would i know if you're here? Come on, i'm hungry." I took her hand and pull her up.

"Omo. It's this late already?" "Ahuh. What do you think?" "I'm sorry. I should have cook for dinner. It's late and all the market should be closed by now." She looks down. "No worries. We can always go out and eat." I ruffled her hair. "Let's go."

"Jong Hyun oppa!" I look back. "Hmm?"

"Thank you!" She gave me a beautiful smile. I smiled back.