We Met Again

Getting Stronger With You By My Side

 

Today, I went to school earlier than usual. As I thought, many people would look at me and stared as usual but today were way different than the other days. Everyone kept whispering with each other about yesterday incident. Either they watched the video or the witnesses at the bus stop. I walked to my class with my head lowered in shame. I could not believe what had happened. When I entered my class, everyone became quiet and started whispering to each other.

“Aee, why is she’s coming today?” whispered the others. “Yahh...Pity her. Good thing someone came to help her,” someone replied. I just ignored them and tried to avoid the others as well. “Annyeong, _____, “a guy appeared in front of me. “J-jaa...My n-name is Daeju. Pl-please accept this flower and my present! ” He holds the presents with his trembling hands. “Aaa...I...”

Without finishing my words, suddenly the principal called my name and said, “Mrs.______, please come to my office immediately.”

“Aaa...mian haeyo, I have to go now,” I told Daeju and bowed to him before leaving. I felt sorry for him but it was a good thing the principal called me as I tried to avoid from that guy. This is my life in school. I didn’t know why they liked me. I mean, I’m just a short girl. I’m not pretty and tall like the other girls in this school anyway. “Let’s hope for nothing from Mr.Ang now,” I mumbled to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was about to enter, I saw Minhwa and the others walked out from the office. Before I went into the office, they stared at me with their big eyes. They looked like they want me to shut my mouth about the incident. I could see and understood Minhwa’s lip-sync. -If you told Mr.Ang what happened... You’re DEAD! –

*gulp!* my eyes were wide opened when Minhwa’s told that. “Omo! What should I do now?? What if Mr.Ang asked bout it? Should I lie to him?” I was really nervous about it. I really didn’t know what to say. I’m just a coward... just a CHICKEN! Then I saw Minhwa tried to tell me something again.  -DON’T you DARE tell him what happened! Arasso!? –

I just nodded my head and I knew that my face had turned pale. “Mrs. _____ . How long should you stand outside? Get inside now!” Mr.Ang called me. “Y-ye!” I replied and quickly went inside. As I closed the door, Mr.Ang told me to have a sit. “What had happened yesterday, Mrs ____?” he asked me with his serious-looking expression on his face.

“N-nothing...nothing had happened,” I lied without looking at him. “Mrs ______, I know that you’re scared but please tell me what happened. We’ll help you,” he said. “T-there’s nothing happened, Mr.Ang,” I told him. “Haishhh... Then, how can you explain this?” he asked as he showed a video on YouTube.

“ . . . . Mr.Ang. I can explain-“before finishing my word, Mr.Ang just cut the line off and said, “There’s nothing to be explained of. I know everything now. I will pay for the book that they have ripped and I’m going to punish those girls. I hoped that they learned their lessons. “

Now I really didn’t know what to say except to keep silent. “Well, we’re really sorry to have some students behave like that to you, Mrs ____. I hope you-“before Mr.Ang finished his word, I just told him that I don’t mind at all. Some students do behave like that....I think?? After that, Mr.Ang told me to leave the office and went to my classroom.

“Omo...what should I do now? Minhwa is going to kill me!” I mumbled...Now I kept thinking what the girls would do to me. Slapped me? Ripped my schoolbooks again? Or worse than I thought!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ringggg!!- Finally! The school bell rang!! It’s time to go home and I quickly ran to the bus stop. I was praying about not to bump into the girls. I did pray like I NEVER PRAYED BEFORE. During recess time, I did see Minhwa, Sooji and Minyoung cleaned the drain. They looked “pretty-filthy” with mud on their uniforms. They kept on complaining about the punishment and I could see Minhwa’s face. She looked like she’s gonna make me ate all the dirts! “Aishhhh...this is not good,” I thought to myself as I walked faster than usual. Minutes later, I arrived t the bus stop.

“YES!! The bus stop is here!!” I was very excited when I saw the bus came earlier. I was going to set my foot into the bus and gone home now. “Ek-hemm...sillyehabnida,” said a kind voice from behind me and I could feel that someone touched my shoulder.

“N-ne?” I turned around and I was shocked to see someone smiling at me. “Yahh, you look pretty fast today, _____. Good thing we came earlier to see you,” Minhwa said. “Hey, _____. Let’s hangout together,” said Minyoung as she grabbed my hand. “Well, we just want to apologize about yesterday and we feel like we wanted to make up with you,” Sooji replied.

I wanted to tell them that I couldn’t go out with them but they dragged me to the other place. “M-minhwa!! I-I’ll missed my bus!!” I told her but Minhwa just kept quiet. “W-wh-where are we going!? Please let me go...I’m begging you...,” I pleaded them but Sooji quickly covered my mouth with a handkerchief. “Can you shut up!?” said Sooji as they dragged me to a dark and quiet place.

As we arrived at the dark and quiet alley, they pushed me against the wall and started to slap me in the face. “Yahh! I told you not to tell Mr.Ang! Why did you tell him about it,hah!?” Minhwa asked furiously. She kicked me in the stomach until I fell down. “This is what you get for messing up with us, _____!” as Sooji slapped my face over and over. Minhwa took out a scissors from her bag and looked at me. “You know what this is,huh? Aww...smart people knows everything and you know what I am going to do with it, right?” she said with a cynical smile in her face.

“I-I didn’t tell Mr.Ang!! H-he had seen the video! Honest!!” I trembled with fear. They DO look like they’re going to kill me. Minhwa told Minyoung to do something to shut my mouth –KILL HER-

I was shocked when I heard that!! My eyes were wide opened and I saw Minyoung walked to me slowly...”Welcome to your new world,_____,” she said as she raised her hand up to stab me with the scissors. “Goodbye,_____. I hope we won't see you again next time,” she said sarcastically.“Ahhhhhhh!!!” I screamed and closed my eyes as Minyoung was about to stabbed me but I knew it was too late.

-gukkk!- “What the...!?” Minyoung sounds confused. I opened my eyes when I heard the girls sound shocked about something. “Killing and fighting is not the answer,na mean?” said a guy in a black hoodie who grabbed Minyoung’s hand. “Y-yongguk!? ” said Minyoung in a shocking way. Sooji and Minhwa was about to run but they were blocked by other guys. “Call the police and the ambulance. Hey, take care of these girls,” said the black-hooded guy as he pushed Minyoung to another person. He quickly came to me and tried to help me.”Hey, are you okay!? Say something!” he grabbed me in his arms with worries as he saw me in pain. “Aa..whh...o..are..y-y..ou?” I asked slowly in pain.

“Yahh, no time to ask that kind of question, girl. As long you’re okay, its fine. Let me helped you,” he smiled at me but I could see the worries in his eyes. “Nnn...oo..I’m...” before I could finish my word, I felt really dizzy and the surrounding became darker and darker...  I could hear someone whispering to me and said –please hold on.....you’re gonna be...fine.........hold.....on.....-