Automatic

Dream Drabble Collection

 

I live in a world where everything is automatic.

A world where time traveling, robots, and flying cars exist. Basically the whole nine yards. Everything is improved, advanced, better.

Nobody uses the olden ways and methods; instead everything is done for them by technology.

Sounds great, huh?

No, it doesn’t.

₪₪₪₪₪₪

 

          I am immortal, like most people who roam this planet. How I became immortal doesn’t matter right now.

I was given the birth name of Lee Chaerin. I used to live in one of the world’s most hi-tech places, Tokyo, Japan. I was originally born in Seoul, South Korea, but I moved after nuclear war broke out.

Tokyo was one of the world’s most advanced cities. This changed though.

∞∞∞∞∞

 

Forever. It’s a hopeful word for couples, but it’s dreadful to me. I never wanted to be immortal, but I am. If I remember, I am two hundred, twenty-four years old. But really, I have been living for 224 years but I’m stuck in a 24-year-old’s body.

≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

The rolling waves in the ocean seem endless like my life. I peer outside my window, watching, waiting, observing people. I rarely step outside my home, and when I do, I am very cautious.

All day I spend my time looking outside my fancy interchangeable window. (It means I could touch the window and pick out a scenery I would like to see. I could stare at the city lights in Paris, or just stare at what’s really outside my house.)

You’re probably thinking, “This Chaerin chick is paranoid.”

Well I’m not, okay?

Let me explain.

I was born in whatever year, and I lived in Seoul for however many years. When nuclear war broke out due to North Korea’s hatred for the South, I escaped to Japan. Life was pretty normal in Japan until one day a bomb was dropped. War was still going on between N.K. and S.K., so why did Japan get involved? I don’t ing know.

I just know I was near the explosion. I was walking to the local stores when something erupted. I heard the bomb exploding, it was like the roar of lighting but ten thousand times more powerful. After that, I out. All I saw was darkness.

It turned out that I was in coma for four years. It sounds crazy but I was. And I missed out on a lot of things while I was unconscious. I learned that my mother and father were dead, my younger sister died too, and well every single member of my family including my relatives were dead. I also learned that a World War 3 had started. This wasn’t like the past World Wars though; it involved every single country, even small countries like Venezuela or Ghana. It was an intense battle for freedom. The winner of the war decided what the world would be like: a dictatorship or democracy.

 The winner practically owned the world.

And the war was short, this was because of all the nuclear and atomic bombs flying around. The prime leaders were worried of the decreasing populations because people died at the millions. So they thought of a solution; they gave people immortality.

◊◊◊◊

            I didn’t know it at the time, but I was given immortality vaccines while I was in coma. The doctors and nurses desperately wanted to keep people alive. The war ended by the time I was conscious again.

And the lucky winner who decided the world’s faith was Kim Jong-Un.

Before this whole war started, I thought of this man as a bitter withering soul. His father died, so I just thought he was bitter or lonely. Why else would he treat his people so harsh?

Anyways, Kim Jong-Un was thought of a joke in the States. He was like an underdog. But in the end Jong-Un was successful; he defeated the United States and its allies. He conquered South Korea, and the two landmasses of North Korea and South Korea became one.

He married and had a son. He neglected the other countries he possessed and only paid attention to his prize, North Korea. This lead to poverty and famine in many places across the globe.

The suffering ended when Jong-Un died. He appointed his son, Daeho, to control the world.

Daeho was only 25 years old when he came into power, but he lead strongly. He spoke eloquently, and combined with his handsome features, nobody could stop him.

Let’s skip to the future.

 

 

It’s been a few months after I was released from the hospital. My home was destroyed but I somehow got a job in North Korea. I was a model for a famous clothing company, previously named Chanel. I was making millions of dollars for some strange reason.

It was a good life until I noticed the changes.

I noticed that more and more people were going to clinics and hospitals and electronic stores. People looked the same, fit and healthy. They spoke the same, ate the same thing, and even acted the same way. No diversity whatsoever.

I didn’t know that the world was in a trance until I put the news on-on my TV. (Don’t judge ok? I don’t like to see the deaths and stuff in the news.)

Daeho, the appointed world leader, was actually hypnotizing everyone. He spoke with confidence and it gave people in poor countries hope. Soon, every country became as prosperous as North Korea.

He was like the Korean version of Hitler! Except his ideologies were more out of hand…..

He had the idea of perfection. He wanted everything, from people to the tiniest details of a leaf to be perfect. I never believed in pure perfection, I always thought there was a quirk in everything and that’s how it’s perfect. Things were perfect because of its flaws.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

            So I started to become frightened by the changes and how powerful Daeho was. It didn’t help that I lived in the country he kept his eye on the most.

It wasn’t just the people being the same, like twins, that frightened me, but the advancements that took place. It was all too overwhelming.

Robots with 100% efficiency were created to aid people. The world no longer needed human activity. Everything can be solved by robots.

You can buy a personal assistant robot, or P.A.R. P.A.R. can help you with math problems, lifting heavy objects, planting flowers, or even driving your car.

Cars weren’t even on the ground, they were floating. The proper term for these cars is “flying automobile” but it had become so common that the name “car” just stuck.

Everything you could ever imagine was possible, you can live in outer space, or soar through the sky with wings, or maybe even give your robo-pup (robotic puppies or dogs for anyone who fancied the hi-tech life) jet wings so he can fly too. Illnesses became extinct just like individuality.

You’d think that everybody would get lazy and fat, but they didn’t, well sort of.

People would go to hospitals and clinics to get surgery. Leader, Daeho, made surgery available to anyone and at any time. You didn’t need to worry about the cost, it was free.

Daeho encouraged surgery immensely; he said “it helps build confidence in one’s self.”

Since he spoke so convincingly, anything that was living got surgery.

The obese became fit, the anorexic were cured, and the healthy were treated to immortality and plastic surgery to enhance features.

If you wanted to, you could get plastic surgery to look like your neighbor or like Angelina Jolie.

You can become a cyborg! Be part human and robot!

You can become immortal, or you can get the ability to shape shift.

It was left to your imagination.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

To recap, I live in an automatic world. The motto here is,” Live in the future, live now.” This pretty much means, nobody gives a damn about the future because they’re already living in the future.

Love, hate, jealousy, and all that stuff still lurks in the world. Things like walking, talking, and manual work, don’t. The traditional ways of doing things were completely forgotten and left behind in the past. Things that were “out of fashion” were dumped and replaced by the new essential things in life like a P.A.R., or an artificially intelligent house.

If something were to malfunction, no one would know what the hell they would do. But that’s only if something breaks.

 

Out of the things that became “out of fashion”, religion was one of them. No one really practiced religion, only a handful of people did. If you wanted to pray, you would have to pray in your house because there were no churches, mosques, or synagogues around.

I stayed hidden inside my Smart House (the artificially intelligent house) because of the insanity of Daeho.

He was determined to make the world perfect in his eyes. He almost got that wish, but people like me who secretly revolt ruin that wish.

I couldn’t stand the similarity in everything. I cringed when I saw perfect, healthy, completely flawless people walking passed my window. It drove me insane to see the unrecognizable faces of people that all seemed to become one. They were all different but the same. Do you catch my drift?

They all were toned and model-like. Their faces were pore-less, spotless of any blemish, and symmetrical. In personality, they were all snarky, arrogant, stupid, and oblivious. Emotionally, they felt nothing. They, the “Children” as I call them, follow their leader like it’s their conscience.

The Children only varied by skin tone, that’s it. The Children were like Barbie dolls. Like twins.

 

 

To be continued….. really, it’s not done, I’m just too lazy to write the rest

Enjoy! :) This is all fiction.