Spring Break

Dream Drabble Collection

A/N: Yay! AFF finally let me copy/paste ^^ enjoy reading~ :)

 

After attending school for 3 mundane months (with no absents), it was finally time to relax and get away from it. Everyone in school had plans for spring break, whether it would be going to another country or going to a concert; everyone had an idea to spend their break time. After all, it was only going to be a week.

Everyone but you didn’t have plans. It was because, 1. You didn’t have money, 2. Your parents didn’t have money, and 3. You’d rather spend the break at home. You sighed, smiling in content while gently swinging in the hammock you bought. I could fall asleep like this.

The sun was warm and inviting, its delicate rays lighting up your patio. Fluffy, cotton candy-like clouds hung in the sky. The cool breeze would occasionally visit, creating the most perfect, relaxing atmosphere. Haha, and they said I would be lonely, you thought to yourself, referring to your friends.

“~~~~!!” your mom hollered, right at the moment when you were about to fall asleep. You groaned, lifting your heavy body off of the hammock. You dragged your feet towards your mom.

“What?” you said in a lazy tone, dragging it out.

“I want you to wash the dishes. You’re not doing anything!” your mom scolded you. You groaned again internally, knowing that if she heard you, she would punish you. Your eyes drifted towards the sink with the small tower of plates and lake of utensils and cups. Feeling lazier than ever, you shoved the dirty cups and dishes inside the dish washer, quickly returning to the vacant hammock. Now if only no one disturbed me so I can take my nap….

You thought too soon though, opening your eyelids when you felt your arm being smacked.

“Don’t just lay there! Do something!” your mom yelled, scolding you for the second time. You didn’t want to do anything or go anywhere, you just wanted to nap. You knew your mom would keep bugging you though if you didn’t .

“Okay, okay. I’ll be back later.” Waving your hand, you grabbed your phone and left your patio.

Your house was really unique; it was the only house that had a spacious patio/verandah.  It was also the only house on the block that had a tall gate. You passed the gate, locking it securely before walking around the neighborhood.

You never really explored your neighborhood, you were mostly an introvert. Clinging more to things like reading or listening to music by yourself. While observing the different houses, you wished that your friends were with you. Your best friend, Gayoon was in Jeju Island, while your other best friend, Megan was in Japan. They better bring me stuff when they come back! You laughed a little, but secretly hoped that they did.

Luhan was watching you from his house’s front steps. No, he wasn’t stalking you, he was just there and you happened to come out. He was still pretty new in the neighborhood, moving in during the summer. You’ve never met him or saw him in school because his schedule was completely different from yours. Besides, his classroom was in the other side of the school building.

You felt someone’s eyes on you so you turned around, spotting a boy with dyed blonde hair. You tried ignoring him, walking back towards your house, but something about him allured you. Your mind couldn’t help but think about him, and to wonder who he was and what he was doing. In the end, you walked towards him, surprising yourself and Luhan.

“Umm…..hi,” you waved your hand shyly, yelling at yourself for being so stupid. Luhan just smiled at you, casually fixing his hair.

“Hey.”

You tried your hardest not to sound awkward, but you still did. “So, um, what are you doing? Hehe”

“Nothin’, just talking to you,” Luhan calmly replied, shifting his position slightly to face you better.

“Oh, okay…”

You stood there and stared at the interesting ground, really hating yourself for being foolish enough to walk over here.

“C’mere,” Luhan waved his hand,” sit next to me.”

You sat down on the step, a good space away from him.

“So what’s your name?” Luhan tilted his head a little, making an adorable sight.

You smiled,” My name’s ~~~~. What about yours?”

“Luhan.” He returned the smile.

The question’s been sitting at the back of your head, but you finally let it out. “So what are you----“

“HYUNG!” a slender, lanky boy shouted, running towards….you?

Just when you thought the boy was going to crash on top of you, he veered to your left, crashing on top of Luhan instead.

“Sehun, g-get off of me!” Luhan squeaked, crushed by Sehun’s weight.

 Sehun just smiled teasingly,“No!”

You laughed at the scene, Luhan being squished under another boy named Sehun. They must be best friends.

“Really Sehun, not now. Can’t you see I have company?” Luhan hissed. Sehun looked to his right to find you laughing hysterically.

“Oh, sorry.” Sehun gave Luhan a cheeky smile, making you double over from laughing.

Once you’ve calmed down, Luhan started to talk.

“Ahem,” he clears his throat,” sorry about that.” Luhan’s cheeks turn light pink from embarrassment.

“It’s alright,” you grinned at him, making him grin back at you.

“So hyung, who is she?” Sehun mindlessly asked.

“Sehun! Don’t be so rude!” Luhan reprimanded. Sehun pulled his hands up defensively, laughing when Luhan rolls his eyes dramatically.

“Her name’s ~~~~. We were having a nice conversation before you decided to jump me, for your information.” Luhan glared at Sehun, Sehun sticks his tongue out in response.

You made a tiny movement with your hand, “Hi.”

“Hey,” Sehun says in a seductive tone,” wanna go somewhere?” He peers at you with flirtatious eyes.

“SEHUN!” Luhan screeched, slapping his arm. Sehun erupts into crazy laughter, his contagious laugh passing down to you.

Luhan was clearly mad at Sehun; he just scared off a potential friend!

“I can’t believe you Sehun.” Luhan stands up and stretches his hands out,” Come on, let’s go inside ~~~~.”

Tentatively, you reached for his outstretched hand, staring at Sehun.

“What?! You’re leaving me?!” Sehun raged, standing up too from the step.

“No, I’m locking you out too,” Luhan replies, sticking his tongue out like Sehun before slamming the door. Luhan releases your hand once you two were inside his house.

“Now that that’s handled,” Luhan pokes his thumb at the door. “Let’s have some fun!”

Usually you would be really creeped out if a guy told you that, alone, in his house…But Luhan was different, he looked and acted amiable. He could never hurt a fly!

“LUHAN YOU BASTARD! OPEN THIS DOOR!” Sehun complained, banging his fists on the door.

“Ignore him, he does this all the time,” Luhan informs you, waving this off as a trivial matter.

“OPEN IT BEFORE I BREAK IT!” Sehun threatens, walking back to get enough strength to kick the door down.

“You can’t---“ Luhan’s words were cut by a loud thud, followed by an audible “oww”.

“You can’t knock the door down, it’s brand new.” Luhan says, his voice getting quieter at the end.

You shook your head, amused by the two boys.

“I’m really sorry, sometimes Sehun just gets a little too much sugar.” You nod, giggling at Sehun.

“Do you want anything to drink? I have some juice, I can also make tea if you’d like.” Luhan offered. You weren’t sure what to pick so you just took a peek at his fridge. Orange juice, strawberry smoothie, chocolate milk, water, oooh! Bubble tea!

You pointed at the bubble tea, eager to have some since you haven’t drank it in a while.

Luhan kindly hands you the drink, even poking the thick straw in for you. “Thank you!” you beam at him, glad that you made friends with him.

“Hyung, please open the door,” Sehun whines as he sits with his back against the door.

Luhan takes a break from sipping his bubble tea and looks at you, “Do you want him inside?” At the background you can hear Sehun say,” Say yes! Say yes! It’s hot out here!”

You shrugged at first, but then nodded. Luhan walks up to the door and opens it, the unsuspecting Sehun falls from lack of support.

“Oh, hai.”  Sehun greets, looking up to see Luhan upside down. Luhan rolls his eyes again, kicking Sehun’s head lightly. Sehun stands up and retaliates by pressing the pressure points at the back of Luhan’s neck.

You nonchalantly watch them fight, drinking your taro flavored bubble tea until it runs out. The two became tired from exertion, slumping down on the comfy sofa next to you, Luhan on your left, Sehun on your right.

The three of you began playing 21 questions, going over the usual limit.

“How old are you?”

“22.”

“Really? You look like a 12-year-old.”

“I DO NOT!”

“Yeah you do, that’s why you get discounts at the bubble tea shop.”

“What?! NO!!”

You became accustomed to Luhan and Sehun, and in turn they did too with you. All of you got along well, especially you and Sehun. Sehun and you would team up and “bully” Luhan, it was pretty funny because Luhan couldn’t come up with a good or better comeback. From the game you learned that Sehun wasn’t Luhan’s best friend, but in fact his younger brother. Which was shocking to you since Luhan looked like a baby, while Sehun looked mature.

After drinking the bubble tea, you needed to pee really bad. You had an annoying habit of always needing to pee. Your best friend once stated that “you have the bladder of an ant.”

You excused yourself from the two boys, giving them privacy.

 

“Hyung I missed you,” Sehun whispered admiringly to Luhan.

“I know.” Luhan hugged Sehun,” I missed you too, but we can’t do anything now. ~~~~ is here, and I don’t want her to find out.”

“Okay.” Sehun quickly pecked Luhan’s lips, escaping his embrace afterwards.

You were just walking out of the bathroom when you caught Sehun kissing Luhan. Your feet became rooted to the floor, unable to move. Did I just see them kiss?

You felt warmth rushing to your cheeks, imagining the scene in your head. The thought of them being gay was odd at first, but the two looked cute together. Good thing you weren’t homophobic.

You walked towards the two, your feet unfreezing. With a knowing smile you say, “Got something to tell me?”

The matter-of-fact tone in your voice immediately alerted Luhan. “No!” Luhan responds, a little too quick. You squint your eyes, having fun watching Luhan squirm under your presence.

“Actually we do,” Sehun starts, Luhan gaping at him. “We would like to tell you that you’re welcome in our group!” Sehun finishes, smiling genuinely.

What? Group? Is this just a distraction? Seeing the confusion on your face, Sehun continues.

“Luhan and I are part of a little group of friends called EXO. And we decided that you should be in it too! It’ll be fun! Our meeting will be held tomorrow, here in Luhan’s house.” Sehun explains, smiling at you again.

You look at them wearily, trying to make them crack.

“Okay! Okay! I’ll tell you what it is, just promise me you won’t tell anyone else, okay?” Luhan says with pleading eyes. You nod, smirk beginning to appear on your face.

“Sehun’s not my younger brother……he’s my partner.” Luhan confesses. “I didn’t want to tell you because I was afraid that you would get disgusted and leave us, or worse leave us and tell other people. We didn’t want that to happen, especially since you’re so nice and wonderful.”

Touched by his words, you hugged Luhan tightly. You hugged Sehun too. “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone,” you winked,” anyways, I already knew you guys were together.”

“What?!”

“How?!’

“And why did you make me tell you if you already knew?!”

Sehun and Luhan asked, taking turns.

“Woah, woah, woah, slow down! Okay, I said I already knew about----“

“I know that already ~~~~!” Luhan scowled, making you and Sehun laugh.

“Okay, then. I found out when I saw Sehun inside your arms and kissing you, passionately.” You smirked victoriously when both Luhan and Sehun blushed.

“Hey, in my defense it was only a peck!” Sehun retaliated. You snickered, Luhan now a deep shade of red.

You moved on,” I wanted to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me, so I pressured you to tell me.” A devilish smile was plastered on your face.

“You’re an evil person, ~~~~.”

Just then, the door opened. Instinctively, you looked at the direction of the door. Oh my…..

A group of guys came bustling in, laughing, pushing each other, and other typical boy behavior. You counted in your head 10 guys. Who are they?! You freaked out, ready to break a window and jump out, when someone placed a hand on your shoulder.

You flinch strongly, eliciting a high-pitched squeak, making everyone turn their eyes to you.

You turned around, not caring who it was, “Why did you do that?!” Sehun scrunched his face up from your harassing tone.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you would get scared.” Reluctantly, you spun around to face the 10 strange boys.

“Hi.”