Bad Start

Dream Drabble Collection

 

I was following my close friend Heeyoung to her house. We had taken a flight together to go to Korea so she could visit her friends over the summer (it’s my first time being in Korea, so I’m an absolute nervous wreck). Once we’ve reached the door of her beautiful, ginormous house, she rang the doorbell. She looked at me and smiled, “Just wait, they’re going to love you!” I then remembered her telling me about her friends.

“They’re really nice; their families are really nice too. In fact, the house that we’re going to isn’t owned by me, it’s owned by everyone. It’s a long story but basically we, my friends and I, bought the house to live in together.” Heeyoung smiled cheerfully,” we all share it, so don’t be afraid when you see a lot of people inside the house.”

I shake my head, I highly doubt it, and they don’t even know me! I looked at my luggage as we waited for someone to open the door.

“HEEYOUNG! OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE HERE!” a handsome guy screamed in euphoria, giving Heeyoung a bear hug. I stood there, awkwardly staring at my shoes; maybe it was a bad idea coming here.

While the guy at the door conversed with Heeyoung, I tried to peek inside the house. The interior was just as pretty as its exterior; the house itself looked like it came from a magazine.

“So Key, this is ~~~~, ~~~~ this is Key!” Heeyoung exclaimed. I gave a small smile to Key as he sized me up. Oh god, I want to go back now.

After a few seconds of silence, Key offered to get Heeyoung’s bags. Key easily picked up her bags, I thought he was going to get mine too, you know with guest hospitality, but I was wrong, he just shot me a smug look. I guess guest hospitality isn’t common here in Korea.

“Don’t forget to take your shoes off!” Heeyoung reminded me. I took my flats off and let Heeyoung go inside the house before me. I was about to go in with my luggage when Key stopped me.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

I looked up slowly, unsure what to say,” Umm I’m supposed to be staying here…..?”

Key just rolled his eyes and slammed the door against my face. I stood there, dumbfounded, what the ?! So for a few minutes, I just leaned against my luggage and did nothing. While I was doing nothing, I heard sudden cheers and happy shouts.

“Heeyoung you’re home!”, “We’ve missed you so much!”, “OH MY, OH MY, HEEEYYOOUUUNNGGG!!”, and various other voices yelling.

I frowned, and then sighed, Yup, they’re nice Heeyoung. Angels to be exact.

…………….How can she just betray me like this?

I shake my head, feeling new anger rise in me. But before my anger can control me, I remember to text my family.

I type fast,” Hi Mama! I’m here! It’s really beautiful and Heeyoung’s friends are really nice. I’m going to the city tomorrow. Don’t worry, ok? Take care! I love you! : ) ♥”

Smiling, I decide to forget what happened earlier and just start walking. I roll my luggage down and I hear its wheels bumping on the rough sidewalk. I need somewhere to stay…

I stop a man walking towards me,” Excuse me Sir, but could you help me?” I ask, trying my best to pronounce the foreign words.

He scaled me from head to toe, probably taking note of my above average height. “Sure, Miss,” he smiled warmly at me,” what do you need help with?”

I ask him where the nearest hotel was and he gave me concise directions, I bow to him a couple times before going my way. I remember Heeyoung betraying me, so I think to myself, why not walk a little farther and go to the third nearest hotel? I need the exercise anyways. I grin to myself again, walking faster.

Meanwhile in Heeyoung’s house….

“Heeyoung why didn’t you tell us that you were coming?” one of her friends questioned.

Heeyoung smiled, showing her perfect teeth and lovable eyesmile, “It wouldn’t be a surprise then! Plus, my friend was coming, and I didn’t want you guys to bombard her with questions…….Speaking of my friend, where is she?” Heeyoung looked around, searching for her friend.

“Hey just relax! You just got back home and you’re already stressing out!” Key coaxed,” ~~~~ is probably just exploring the garden.”

Heeyoung looked worried, and she really was. Her friend, who she promised to her parents that she would be responsible for her, is missing. As a last resort, Heeyoung called ~~~~’s phone.

 

Buzz, buzz, buzz….

My phone vibrated, I took a quick glance at the caller ID before rejecting the call. Heeyoung.

 

“She didn’t pick up! Her phone was ringing though so it’s not dead!” Heeyoung said, panic in her voice. Key placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Calm yo down girl, here have some of this.” Key shoved a glass of margarita into Heeyoung’s hands. As minutes passed, Heeyoung unwounded and forgot about ~~~~. She and her friends threw a party in honor of her arriving home.

 

I was walking for about a half an hour, I was in an urban area, kind of like Chinatown or Little Italy in New York. I stopped walking when I saw the third hotel. I went inside, checking in and going to my room on the 12th floor.

I had a fantastic view of the road and building across the street, well it’s better than nothing. My first day here didn’t start off well; I’m not even sure where I am! But I want to change this…..

I practically ran down the hall and into the elevator, receiving dirty looks from other guests and the room service people. I laughed it off, asking the girl at the front desk if they had a pool and if it was open. Luckily for me, it was. When I got down to the swimming pool area, I almost dove straight into the pool. It was humongous! It looked like an Olympic-sized swimming pool! The water was just the perfect temperature too!

I spent an hour swimming in the pool, my body feeling heavy when I got out of the water. I checked my phone for any new messages but I only had one missed call; Heeyoung.

I decided to explore the city; I’m here near the city anyways. I changed my clothes and stepped out of the hotel’s sliding glass doors. I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh city scent. I wandered around, dropping by at a coffee shop.

The coffee shop was awfully busy, and many girls were taking pictures. After I ordered a strawberry smoothie, I texted my best friend, Misun.

“Hey there gurrlllfriend~ I’m at a coffee shop right now, it’s really busy : /

I’ll send you a picture :D”

I took a picture of myself sipping the smoothie with the coffee shop as the background. It looked more like a selca though but I sent it anyways.

It took less than 5 minutes before I got a reply.

“IT’S BUSY BECAUSE IT’S THE COFFEE SHOP FROM COFFEE PRINCE!!!! AASSDFGFHGFJHGKJHLJ;;’’KLHGJFDSD!!” I read, laughing at my YouTube/kdrama obsessed best friend.

I texted her back,” I didn’t know xD But how did you know? You could barely see the coffee shop!”

“I have my ways….”

And that’s how our text conversation ended.

I remembered that it was Monday, meaning Kpop Music Mondays at EYK (EatYourKimchi). I’m a really big fan of Simon and Martina, not to mention Spudgy and Dr. Meemersworth. I watched the new review on my phone, commenting at the end on how I’d like to meet up with them, if possible.

I didn’t expect that they would actually reply, with them busy with filming and all, but they did. And the verdict was……Yes! They were currently free! I smiled widely, excited to meet Simon and Martina. They sent me their address and I hailed the nearest cab, hoping the cab driver will drive me to the right place.

After circling around the block a couple times, Mr. Lee (the cab driver’s name) and I finally found Simon and Martina’s studio. I paid the fare, adding a few extra bills for Mr.Lee.

I entered the lobby of the condominium, a middle-aged lady halting me.

“Excuse me, but I believe you don’t live here.” The lady rudely informed me.

I obviously got mad for the unnecessary rudeness, but since she was older I tried to show my respect. I bowed, giving her an apologetic smile,” I’m sorry ma’am; I’m just visiting Simon and Martina.”

With that, the middle-aged lady brightened up and let me pass. I didn’t know you needed a password to pass through. I laughed a little at my thoughts, the lady smiling at me.

I took the stairs, thinking the elevator would be full. I reach the fourth floor, ringing the bell on the sixth door on my right.

“Come in!” I heard Simon yell. I sheepishly pushed the door open to find Simon and Martina cooking together.

“Sorry we couldn’t open the door. Our hands are uh, well, take a look for yourself,” Simon held his hands up, along with Martina’s. Their hands were covered in a red substance, which I assume is pasta sauce.

“Sit down, sit down!” Martina told me, motioning me towards the couch. Spudgy slowly wiggles towards me, his little tongue sticking out of his mouth and his bright blue dyed hair shining in the light. Dr. Meemersworth was behind me, playing with my hair.

Soon Simon and Martina came out, taking Meemers out of my hair and pushing Spudgy back.

“How long has it been since we’ve had actual company at our house?” Martina nonchalantly asked Simon.

Simon pretended to think, his chin like he haa a Dumbledore beard.

“Too long!” Simon broke out into goofy laughter with Martina. I smiled at them appreciatively. They have such a comfortable relationship.

“No, seriously. I think ~~~~ here is our first guest inside our new home. In that case, congratulations ~~~~!” Martina shot up into the sky and dance crazily, with Simon doing weird voices. I laughed at their silliness; they act like little kids sometimes.

It was time for dinner, even though I wasn’t hungry, Simon and Martina insisted on me eating. So now I’m eating…..

“So how did you get here ~~~~?” Martina asked after slurping up her spaghetti noodle. (We were eating spaghetti with meatballs, that’s why Simon and Martina were cooking.)

I swallow my food,” Well my friend paid for my flight here, I was supposed to stay with her but complications happened.”

Sensing that something was wrong, Martina didn’t go any further, she just replied with an “Ahhh.”

After eating, we spent our time talking, talking, and talking. The couple was exceptionally hyper today, maybe because I was their first guest to come over, or maybe it was just their normal mood.

Before I left, they gave me some albums and posters, making me feel like a dog with lots of bones.

“You can be a guest star in our TL; DR or Music Mondays if you visit again. We don’t mind extra people, so drop by when you can okay?” Martina smiled, hugging me before I went out the door.

 

Now lost somewhere new, I started exploring my surroundings again. I magically ended up at Beast’s fan café. I was so happy that I actually was at the fan café, before it was only a thought to be there. I used to be literally thousands of miles away from this place, now I’m really here!!

I took a seat and started typing words. At the end, I wrote 3 chunky paragraphs. I went outside of the café, walking past a group of guys when one of them accidentally bumped into me. His sunglasses fell, bowing to me as he picked it up. His jacket’s hood slipping off, revealing his perfect brownish-blonde hair. It only took me a second to recognize him.

YANG YOSEOB!!

And it only took me a second before I passed out.

 

“Oh my God! What are we going to do?!” Yoseob cried out to Doojoon.

“Calm down, we’ll just take her to our dorm,” Doojoon replied, trying to calm everyone down. “She’ll awake soon; she didn’t hit her head or anything, thanks to Dongwoon who caught her.” Doojoon nodded to Dongwoon, praising him for his actions.

“Hey! I would’ve caught her too if I knew she was going to faint!” Yoseob argued. He crossed his arms and sent deadly glares towards Doojoon.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” Dongwoon lifted his chin up and crossed his arms in mock superiority.

 

I woke up, eyelids heavy. Where am I? Please tell me I wasn’t kidnapped! I sat up a little too fast, my head instantly throbbing when I do.

“Woah, there. You need some rest little miss.” A voice told me. I recognize that voice….it can’t be…..

I looked to my right to see Junhyung with a smirk on his faced. My eyes bugged out, threatening to jump out of my eye sockets.

“Don’t faint again ok?” Junhyung lightly gripped my hand. ASDFFGJHKJHJJKLH, J-junhyung’s h-holding my hand!! I couldn’t express how happy I was at the moment. “Because if you do, Doojoon’s gonna kill me since it’s my watch time.”

“How long was I out?” I ask, my voice coming out coarse and dry.

“Two hours.”

My eyes bugged out again, I’m afraid I’ll need a pair of glass eyes soon. I attempt to get out of bed; Junhyung gently pushed me down though.

“You still need rest, plus you need to eat.” I nod my head, staring at the ceiling. And then on impulse I ask,

“Who owns this bed?”

“Yoseob does, he was the first one to offer his bed for you.” Junhyung chuckled. “By the way, what’s your name?”

“It’s ~~~~.”

Just after that moment, the door opened with a big swing.

“We’re home!” Hyunseung cheered in a sing-song manner.

“And we brought food!” Kikwang piped up.

“SHHHHH! She’s still out----“ Yoseob stopped mid-sentence when he saw me. I waved a little to all of them, faces clear into my vision. Yoseob, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Kikwang, Hyunseung, and Doojoon.

I’m not dreaming right?”

 

To be continued…

 

LOL JK!

Sorry that’s how far my dream went. It was a lot more interesting in my head xD

I think this is the most I’ve ever written…..

Anyways, enjoy! :)

(P.S. I realize that there’s no such thing as an actually fan café for Beast, only the fan café online. Sorry for the confusion, my imagination’s really weird XD But in my dream a place existed like that, it’s like an internet café but it’s filled with Beast posters and fans, and don’t forget the music!)

 

I leave you with a picture of Spudgy (dog) and Meemers :)