Yongguk, you okay?

The Bold and The (Not-So) Beautiful

No one's POV

Yongguk was walking all alone in the school like a lost soul. He just broke up with his girlfriend of two years just like that. He could not believe his eyes when he saw what Gyuri did to that innocent girl. She changed. Changed for the bad. She was not the girl that I had known three years ago.

 

(Flashback)

"Yongguk-ah! How do I look? Cute??" Gyuri stepped out with a baby pink skirt, a white tee with vintage designs on it and topping the outfit off with a black cat headband. Adorable.

"You look...Gorgeous." Yongguk went up to Gyuri and wrapped his arm around her waist. She kept smiling to herself in the mirror, satisfied with whatever she was wearing. Yongguk placed his chin on her shoulders, taking in the minty green tea perfume of hers. Yongguk had wished time would stop there and then, not wanting to let Gyuri off from his embrace. 

"All right, tiger. You can let go now. I have to pay for these," Gyuri tapped on his hands to tell him to let her go but his grip tightened instead. "Yongguk~" 

"You know how much I adore you, right?" 

"Of course I do!" Gyuri turned around to face Yongguk and wrapped her arms around Yongguk's neck. Yongguk immediately pressed his lips against hers, finally relieved after holding in the temptation of wanting to kiss her for hours while she was busy shopping. 

(End of Flashback)

 

 

Yongguk stared far into the horizon, reminiscing old times. Just then, Yoona walked by and saw Yongguk's lonely back. Yoona knew exactly why he was like that - girl problems. 

"Yongguk, you okay?" Yoona appeared from behind and sat beside him on the soft carpet grass of the school field. Yoona patted his knees as he burries his face into his hands. She could not bare to see the usual happy-go-lucky leader become so sad and unlively. "Yongguk-ah. Cheer up, okay? You're too good for her anyways. Yongguk, you have to remember, you still have us and we'll never leave your side. Remember, girls come running to you all the time and when the day comes, you'll find the right one for yourself. Cheer up, okay?" Yoona patted Yongguk on his back. 

A tear slipped from Yongguk's eyes. The girl that he had cherished and loved dearly had caused pain and sufferings to people around them and he could not bear to see others being hurt. Cheat. Liar. How can I not notice all these much sooner? Yoona could sense the pain he was going through. The two of them sat in silence, Yoona not wanting him to feel hurt any further. 

 

 

All seven of them - Yoona and the B.A.P boys were sitting at their usual table during lunch time, Zelo irritating his Youngjae, Jongup being the good boy he is, quietly eating his meal, Himchan and Yoona busy feeding and being all lovey-dovey with each other and finally, Daehyun was staring at Yongguk who was barely even touching his food. It is so weird to see hyung like this. Daehyun scanned Yongguk's face, trying to at least make eye contact, to give him a chance to talk to his hyung but just then, Yongguk got up from his seat and walked away. The rest all stared at his back view, while he was making his exit out of the cafeteria. 

"Ya, what happened to Yongguk?" Himchan asked the others. Yoona looked worried for Yongguk while the rest just shrugged, not knowing exactly what happened to their hyung. 

"I'll go and find out." Daehyun said as he stood up from his seat and made his way towards the direction Yongguk headed off to. 

 

Daehyun surveyed all corners and corridors of the school in search for their leader and finally after constant searching, he found him - with Jihye. They were sitting on a park bench, Yongguk burying his face into his hands while Jihye looked on at him with sad eyes. Daehyun continued staring at the two as the two had their conversation.

 

Jihye's POV

"Yongguk oppa.. I'm sorry for the whole breakup.." I said as I watched him with worry and sadness filling within me. I felt wronged seeing Yongguk in this condiiton. It's weird, even for me, seeing him like this. 

"Jihye, it's not your fault," Yongguk sighed. "It was wrong of me to not notice this earlier and stop her bad doings before she hurt anyone." A tear slipped from Yongguk's eyes. "I'm sorry for whatever she had done to you all this while. Sorry I didn't manage to be your saviour from my horrible ex girlfriend who was a monster within." 

I sighed as Yongguk kept on apologising on behalf of Gyuri. It was definitely wrong of him to apologise for a bully like her. I couldn't bare to contain the pain I felt as Yongguk constantly apologised over and over again. 

"Ya, Bang Yongguk!" I shouted as I stood up in front of him. Yongguk's head shot up in shock and I shot him a glare. Worry and sadness had turned to pain and anger. Seeing him being like this is not the Bang Yongguk that I have known and looked up to. "I'm sorry for shouting like this but.. Yongguk oppa I can't continue seeing you like this. You being like this is not the Yongguk oppa that I had admired and looked up to," I started. Yongguk looked at me with utter shock - a girl like me talking in this manner? 

"I know I'm not in any position to say this but... I know you're not acting like the usual Yongguk oppa that I have known all this while. It's upsetting me seeing you apologise for that no-good Gyuri that has hurt me physically, mentally and also emotionally. I don't need apologies from you and it's not your fault that she constantly bullies me. In fact, it wasn't your fault for not seeing this sooner either. So what am I trying to say? Stop being apologetic. Forget her. Forget that she had ever existed in your life. You're too good for her anyways. You're too kind and caring to be chasing after a girl who has such a horrible and smelly attitude. I'm sorry I said this but, these are all facts that you can't run away from." I sighed as I sat back down. Yongguk's eyes still stuck to mine.

"Yongguk oppa, it hurts me seeing you like this. Just forget about that no-good Gyuri and use the time to bond with your members. They are more valuable than compared to her. They are the ones who will stick by your side when you have your ups and downs. They're your family, oppa." I held on to Yongguk's shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile.

"Maybe, you're right, Jihye," he sighed. "I should just forget about her and spend more times with my boys." With that, he smiled and pulled me into a big bear hug. I gasped at the sudden close contact but I just let him hug me, as a form of encouragement. "Thank you, Jihye." He smiled and ruffled my hair as he pulled apart. Warmth spread throughout my body, being able to help someone after a long time. 

 

Daehyun's POV

She did it. I continued to look on. Yongguk hugged her and this means she did it. Impressive. Out of my conscious mind, I smiled while looking at her laughing. I couldn't stop smiling, seeing her succeed in bringing the leader back to his normal self once again. Amazing. Just then, the school bell rang and everyone made their way to their classrooms. Yongguk and Jihye exchanged their last words and went their separate ways. How in the world did she do it? I continued standing at the same position, staring at Jihye while she slowly made her way into the school. All of a sudden someone smacked my shoulder hard, making me jump in place and out of all the people in the world, it was Yongguk hyung. 

"Who are you staring at, Daehyun?" Yongguk peered from behind my shoulder and immediately, I turned around and blocked his view. Thank god for my fast reflexes. 

"N-nothing hyung. Let's go to class." I stuttered. 

"Hey! Isnt that Jihye? Were you staring-"

"Hyung. Let's go to class." With that, Yongguk just shrugged everything off and pulled me along, placing his arm across my shoulders. That was close.