Just My Luck...

The Bold and The (Not-So) Beautiful

"Ya, Park Jihye!" Gyuri, the school's 'toughest' queenka, shouted from the end of the hallway. As soon as I heard my name, I made a 180 degree turn to the other end of the hallway. Just when I had taken a few steps the other direction, I bumped into Gyuri's two best friends, Hara and Hyuna. The both of them had blocked my way and were standing shoulder to shoulder, both crossing their arms simultaneously. I shivered in place as I had no other way to escape. Gyuri was sashaying down the aisle towards the three of us. Guys gave her stares and other girls just threw disgusted faces at her as she walked past. "Don't you think she's hot?" asked a guy who was standing in front of his girlfriend, giving oogly eyes at Gyuri. 

"Nope I think she's a total fake, since she has the money," replies the girl to his boyfriend. 

Gyuri started grabbing a handful of my hair in her left hand as she held a pink lollipop in her right. She scanned my face thoroughly, without any another thought in her mind. I just stared her on as she continued tugging on my hair. She started giggling all by herself as she mentally planned whatever she wanted to say in her mind. I continued to look at her in utter disgust. "What're you staring at, brat?!" She pushed my head towards the floor and let go of my hair at the same time, causing my head to hit the ground. HARD. "You think it's funny? The way you stare at me like that?!"

'B.A.P BOYS ARE HERE!' screamed a girl from the school's front door. Hara and Hyuna hurriedly tidied up their hair and made their way to the front gate of the school. "You're glad my oppas are here if not, I would have beaten you to a pulp." Gyuri spitted and crossed over me. There was a sudden piercing pain at the top of my forehead and that was when I realised that my head was bleeding! Red goo started to spill over my white uniform as I looked down at my hands that was covered with the lush red goo. I gathered up my things with my free hand, the other covering the bleeding spot preventing it from spilling all over, and trudged my way to the Nurse's office alone.

 

"Well, this is your third time in here this month, my dear,'' the Nurse said as she approached me with the first aid kit. I was laying on the bed, feeling limp all over. For a small cut, I was sure bleeding quite alot. "My what a cut you've got there!" The Nurse quickly opened the first aid and cleaned my wound. Tears started forming at the brink of my eyes as the pain from the wound began to hurt me even more. Just then, I disappeared into deep darkness. 

"NURSE! OH MRS CHOI~" Himchan sang as he slowly opened the door to the Nurse's office. He quickly scanned through the room to check and see if there was anyone in the room. "Mrs....Choi? Are you in here?" he whispered, stepping further into the room. "If you...can hear me...well...I..want..to...take a rest....here...just for a few minutes...till maybe...lunch time?" His voice became softer as he said more words to the empty room. "Well, silence means consent." Himchan cheerfully jumped onto the bed next to mine. I woke up all of a sudden after hearing the sound of squeaking wheels of the bed Himchan was lying on. I kept my eyes fully shut, not wanting him to make a conversation with me. Please, I beg you Kim Himchan, do not open your eyes unless mine are closed. Talking to you is what I least wanted now.

After 15 minutes of staying still and not opening my eyes, I decided to take a little sneak peek to see if Himchan was sleeping and I was right. I tried my best to not make a single sound while coming down from the bed, not wanting to wake him up. Leg after leg, hand after hand, one body part at a time. I quietly shuffled myself on the bed, bringing myself to the edge of the bed so that I could easily jump of the bed. 

Low and behold! I finally leapt off the bed after a few minutes of consideration but unfortunately, I landed flat flaced on the floor!! Great, just great. 

"Hmph..ermmphh..zzz.." Himchan started making weird noises in his sleep. I shot up my head to ensure that he was still sleeping before getting myself off the floor. Then, I quietly lifted myself up and shuffled towards the door. I swear my hair was in a complete mess after what that evil witch had did to me about an hour ago. I reached out my hand to turn the doorknob when suddenly the door had opened by itself! Shoot.

I slowly lifted my head up to get a glance of whoever was standing right in front of me. As I continued to scan from his chest, his neckline and to his finally to his chin, I realised I was not just staring at anyone - it was Jung.Dae.Hyun.

I returned my gaze back to the floor and headed straight out for the corridor. My heart started racing as I dashed out and headed straight for the cafeteria since it was already lunch time. Luckily I had a rather small body frame thus, I could easily be hidden by other taller students. 

Daehyun's POV

What was that? I continued to look left and right into the corridor, trying to catch sight of the girl who just ran out. Why in the world did she run away from me? 

"Ya, Daehyun-ah," Himchan started grumbling, struggling to get up from his lying position. Himchan had no plans of getting from the bed he was on anytime soon. "Why're you here? Can't you leave me to sleep for just a few more minutes? You're interrupting my beauty sleep." Himchan lazily rubbed his eyes and went back to sleep. I went up to him and shook him as hard as I could, trying to get him to wake up. 

"Ya, Himchan hyung," I continued shaking him, forcing him to open his eyes. 

"WHAT?! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY?!" 

"Hyung!! I jusy wanted to ask who was that girl who was in this room with you previously, aishh!" I lifted my hands up in front of him, wanting to beat him up so badly. 

"Ahh, the girl with the patch on her head?" Himchan stretched and went up to the sink to fix his hair.  

"Yeah, I guess so. I didn't really see."

"I don't know who she is but she sure looked like she was in pain. She kept screaming and crying in her sleep. I felt bad for the girl." Himchan said as he continued fixing his hair. "By the way, where's Yoona?" I pointed to the cafeteria just down the hall.

 

 

"Honey, you okay?" I immediately snapped back to reality as soon as mom placed her hand on my shoulder. 

"Huh? Oh yeah, I-I'm fine, eomma," I said as I just continued to poke on my dinner with my fork. 

"Well, you barely touched your food and you keep on staring at your food blankly." 

"Ahh, it's nothing eomma. I'll eat." I stuck a piece of the cut-up steak into my mouth. Who was she? I have not seen her around school before nor do I think she's one of those crazy fangirls who chase us around all the time. Weird.

 

Daehyun's POV

 

The school bell rang indicating the end of first period. I went up to my locker to get my books out for the next lesson when all of a sudden a scream was heard. I followed the sound to see what exactly was happening. 

"YA PARK JIHYE! AREN'T YOU GONNA BOW DOWN TO ME?!" I saw Gyuri kicking a girl who was on the ground in her shin and it seemed that her elbows were already bruised, so as the spot where Gyuri was continuously kicking. 

"Daehyun-ah! You coming?" Yongguk called from behind. I kept on staring at the scene of crime, not wanting to move an inch. "Hey, you okay?" Yongguk placed his hand on my shoulder and decided to see where I was looking at. "YA PARK GYURI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Yongguk pointed at the girl who was lying unconciously on the floor. "Daehyun, go and bring her to the nurse's office, NOW!!" I hurriedly went towards the unconcious girl and picked her up while glaring at Gyuri. 

"YOU AND I ARE DONE PARK GYURI! IT'S OVER BETWEEN US!" Yongguk angrily stomped away, heading straight for the nurse's office. Gyuri stood rooted to the ground, agape and her face flushed with embarrassment. Everyone was seen bickering at her, laughing at her hysterically. Well, that was embarrassing. 

I wonder if she will be okay.