Never Judge A Book By Its Cover

The Bold and The (Not-So) Beautiful

Jihye's POV

 

W-where was I? The last time I remembered I was getting beaten up by Hara and Hyuna, with Gyuri screaming to her heart's content. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a series of sudden poundings in my head. Great, just great. I must have hit the ground hard this time. 

"Oh great! You're up!" Himchan shouted from the other end of the room. Himchan approached me with cut fruit and a glass of strawberry milk to go along with them. I looked at him with frightened eyes, afraid that he'll do something bad to me like how others would. Since he was one of the popular kids, his attitude will be much worse than others. I did not dare to eat or drink whatever he had offered me. Not until I could really trust him to do so.

"Would you just eat up already? You're gonna pass out if you are not gonna eat!" Worry started to take over Himchan's body and how did I know this? Through his eyes. He really looked worried for me. This was the first time others actually worried for me, other than my own family members. "You know I'm not gonna move from this position unless you eat the fruits." This was definitely getting annoying. Would you just leave already?! I continued to hug my legs close to my chest on the bed, trying to stay away as far away from him as possible. I knew Himchan was going to blow his top off any time soon as I had no intention of eating ANYTHING any time soon. "Oh I know who can make you eat these. I guess you don't trust me enough."

A few minutes passed and in came a tall and fair female student, with brown hair draped down past her shoulders. I recognised her but I had forgotten her name all of a sudden. "Hi! I'm Yoona!" She took a seat next to the bed I was on. "I heard from Himchan that you didn't have any appetite to eat, huh?" I just nodded my head. "Hmm.. I know the feeling. I used to have an operation done on me because there was something wrong with my appendix and this area... Urghh.. hmm.. Well, let's just say, I had no appetite right after the operation. To tell you the truth, I was traumatized by the pain I had to go through before my appendix was removed and thus, I didn't dare to eat," Yoona fiddled with her fingers, her eyes fully concentrated on whatever she was doing with her fingers. "But however," she continued, "I suddenly passed out as I was returning from the toilet a few days later and the doctors said that I had severe headaches and a very severe case of gastric pain,  which actually worsened my health condition and I had to be warded for a longer period of time."

Yoona continued to tell me all of her past life stories and honestly, I was getting intrigued by her stories. So there are these type of people still existing in the world. My stomach started grumbling and I just HAD to eat something to fill my empty stomach. I grabbed the glass of strawberry milk and gulped it down in one go. Gosh, that hit the spot!

"Haha! Yes! I see you're finally eating!" Yoona exclaimed while I reached for the cut fruits on the table right in front of me. "I knew you would give in and my stories.. always work." Yoona patted herself on the back, acting all proud by herself. I started giggling all by myself, seeing her act all high and mighty but in a comical way. This was the beginning of a great friendship.

 

Daehyun's POV

 

She looks super happy talking to Yoona. Weird. She wouldn't even eat the fruits Himchan hyung offered her but now she's all giggly and laughing along with Yoona. It was lucky for us to have Yoona as one of us if not, we would have no idea how to persuade her. 

"Daehyunnie HYUUUUNGG!" Zelo skated from the end of the corridor to where I was standing. Irritating magnae. "Hyung, what're you doing?" Zelo tried to take a sneak peek at what I was looking at. "Who's in there anyway? Maybe, hyung's crush?? Lemme see, lemme see!" Zelo kept on pushing me to the side, trying to look through the small window of the door to the nurse's room. 

"Ya move away!" I pushed Zelo away and thankfully I succeeded. 

"Aishh, hyung! It was no harm peeking right, right? Look see, you're doing it now." I continued to peek through the window, ignoring Zelo who was mumbling away on his own. "Whatever hyung, peek to your heart's content. I'm just gonna look for Jongup hyung."

 

Jihye's POV

 

Soon, the plate was empty and both Yoona and I had a really great story-telling session. Although Yoona did 100% of the talking, I think the both of us still had a great time. Yoona had mentioned that all the girls in the school had started to give her 'Dagger looks', 'Swear notes' and even death threats ever since she became Himchan's girlfriend. She also mentioned earlier that she was glad that she was able to share her feelings and stories with me. She wasn't able to do so with the guys as some of the problems she faced was better to be shared with a girl friend rather than a guy friend (well, you know what I mean).

"Eomma!" I skipped merrily towards the kitchen where my mum was baking a batch of her famous chocolate chip cookies. 

"Woah you look extra happy today, smiling all over."

"Mhmm.. Eomma guess what? I made a new friend!" 

"Really who is it??" 

"Yoona, the girlfriend of one of the most popular boys in school, Himchan. You know about B.A.P right, eomma?"

"How could I forget? You'd always talk about them to me, each and every day," I felt my cheeks heating up hearing my mum say that. It was true - my mom was the only person I spazzed around with since I had no other girl friends. 

"Yeah. So anyways, I was so glad to have met Yoona. She was super friendly, eomma!" A smiling fool I became to be. 

"Well, I'd be glad to have you invite her over for dinner some day."

"Really? Can I?"

"Sure! It has been ages since you've brought friends over." Eomma began smiling to herself thinking, 'She's finally starting to open up to people.' 

 

I laid down on my bed and continued my novel - 'Perks of Being A Wallflower'. The joy that Yoona had brought to my life began flashing back once again as soon as I was done reading. Maybe I should stop 'judging a book by it's cover' cos you may not know the real person inside which maybe really different than how others view him or her as. 


Well that's all for now my dear readers. Look forward to your comments real soon. Till we meet next time! Signing off, honeybunn<3