Chapter Four

From Friends To Lovers

 

Chapter four:

"Seohyun-ah," Taecyeon panted at the door of SNSD's dorm. "Where's Yoona? I need to talk to Yoona," After his chat that he had with Jinyoung last night, Taecyeon had immediately wanted to come find Yoona at the SNSD dorm, but by the time the idol group had finished their recordings to Park Jinyoung's satisfactions, it was already well into what could be defined as ungodly hours of the morning. He didn’t want to wake up a whole apartment of 9 girls at such an hour, considering how they had only just begun recovering from their jam-packed schedule of promotions. Saving his relationship with Yoona was important, but her health and wellbeing was more important. If it meant he had to wait until the morning the next day so that she was well rested, then so be it.

So here he stood, panting at the open door, desperate to talk to Yoona. "Seohyun-ah, let me in. I need to talk to Yoona," he repeated again.

"Seohyun ah, who's at the door?" Taecyeon heard a female voice. A face appeared behind Seohyun, revealing the voice to be none other than Miss Jessica Jung.

'You have the best timing in the world, Taec' Jessica thought to herself. "It's okay Seohyun. Go back to studying, you have an exam on this afternoon." She let the maknae go. "I'll deal with this," Jessica watched as the youngest of the nine girls returned to her room, unsure how to break the news to her long time friend. It wasn't often that Yoona and Taecyeon had fought as a couple, she Jessica never really had any proper experience, nor did she have any idea how to deal with the issue at hand. They were both good friends of hers, but the problem had reached to a point where she could not stand by and watch their relationship go down the drain. They were too much of a perfect match for Jessica to stand on the sideline and watch something that could be beautiful, turn into a living nightmare for both Yoona and Taecyeon, and SNSD and 2PM.

"Jessica, let me in. I need to talk to Yoona," Taec desperately told her. Just as he was about to barge in past the American born girl, her hand stopped him.

"You sure have done it this time Taec," Jessica looked him right in the eye, hurt and pain in her eyes. "She's gone Taec. She's left the country,"

*

Grey skies rumbled over Incheon Airport, the sun nowhere to be seen. The weather reflected how Tiffany felt right now, walking alongside Yoona, in the building heading for the gate which Yoona was leaving Seoul in. She hated how it had come to this - Yoona running away in order to 'save' Taecyeon's career. Yoona wouldn't let her go to the States with her, but she was glad that she asked for her help in organising things across the globe in America with her. The pregnant woman was to stay with Tiffany's family for the time being. And here she was, about to send one of her best friends off, not knowing when she would see her next, not knowing if she would be okay, not knowing if Yoona would get the happy ending that she deserved so much. In tough times like these, she often wondered why they had all chosen the path of singers in Korea. What was the point in fame and fortune if one's happiness was to be sacrificed?

"Don't look so glum Fany," Yoona had noticed Tiffany's mood. "Me leaving is for the better,"

How many times had Yoona said that? Enough times to try and convince both herself and the rest of the girls. But it was also enough times for Tiffany to know that Yoona was failing at telling herself that. It was absolutely not for the better. No one can tell what the future brings. "You and I both know you don’t believe that." Tiffany said seriously. "But I know you're not going to change your mind on Yoona. So just take care of yourself while you're over there. Don't hesitate to ask my parents for anything, you know they love you the most out of all the girls," Her hand found Yoona's, clasping onto them, not wanting to let go. "I don’t know when I'll get to see you next, but you have to promise me you'll take care of yourself and your baby. Call me every night, even if it's in the wee hours of the morning here in Seoul, and keep me update on your life." By now, Tiffany was close to tears. This was a lot harder than she thought it was going to be.

She hadn’t needed to say any of that - of course Yoona knew how Tiffany felt. She knew how scared the older girl was for her, she knew how worried she had become since knowing of her condition, she had known that Tiffany would be the one to stand by her all the way. So in response, she squeezed Tiffany's hand. Their friendship was at a point where no words were needed, one look, one gesture, and they knew what was on each other's minds. Her future was unknown, but what she did know, was that she could and would run to Tiffany if she or her baby ever needed anything. "I love you Tiffany," Yoona whispered as she pulled her friend into a tight hug. "Thank you so much. For everything. You'll be hearing from me as soon as I land,"

*

Tiffany didn't know if she had done the right thing. Had she just helped to destroy a loving and beautiful relationship?

"Oppa," she cried into her phone as soon as she heard him pick up. Tears spilled over as she began walking away from the terminal, watching Yoona's figure disappear behind the entrance, her disappearing figure signifying that Yoona was one step closer to the other side of the globe. "I think I've done something wrong. I don't know what I'm doing. Oppa, can you help me?" She dabbed at her cheeks, a weak attempt at stopping the flow of tears.

"Fany? Honey what's wrong? Where are you?" Concern echoed in Minjun's words. Finally, she had broken her walls and come to him. Being the head strong woman she was, he was often frustrated with how she would keep things to herself. But now that she had come to him, like Jinyoung said she would, he was relieved. "Sweetie, tell me where you are. I'm coming, okay?"

She was thankful that he was concerned. Tiffany knew she had been acting strangely around Minjun lately, but she couldn't help it. Making sure that Yoona was happy was her priority - she feared for the young life growing inside of her friend if she spilled anything to anyone outside of the girl group. "I'm at the airport,"

A million thoughts ran through his mind at that point, but the one that screamed out to him the most was, what the hell was she doing there? "Baby, don't go anywhere. I'll be there soon." Grabbing his keys off the counter top of the dorm the boys lived in, Minjun raced out the door with a jacket in his hand. "I love you. Remember that."

*

Did he just hear that right? Jessica said Yoona had left. As in flee the country. No, he couldn't have heard that right. "Sica, what are you talking about? Let me in! I need to see Yoona! Let me talk to her! I know she's in there!" Taecyeon began to become desperate. "If this is some joke you are all playing on me, you can stop it. Right now. Let me talk to Yoona!!"

Seeing him like this, Jessica's heart broke. She rolled her eyes and sighed, giving in to her conscience. Yoona would understand, she thought. "Go Taec. Go find her. She's at the airport, her flight to California doesn't leave until 30 minutes. You should have just enough time to catch her before she leaves," Jessica saw the shock look on her long time friend's face. Deep down, she knew it was the right thing, to tell him about her leaving. He would find out sooner or later anyway. But she wasn't so sure if she should tell him the other half of the story… the story about his child. Her mind reeled back to reality when Taecyeon finally clicked at what she had just said. As he was about to turn and make a run for his car, Jessica pulled him back. "Bring her back Taec. She needs to stay in Korea…. she shouldn't be travelling so far when she's pregnant."

 

 

*******

 

I fear this 'fic is nearing its end... =/