Chapter Two

From Friends To Lovers

 

Taeyeon had been standing outside the door to Yoona's room at the SNSD dorm. It was hard to believe that the second youngest of the group had fallen pregnant, a fact that she still wasn’t too sure on how to resolve - but she had talked to the manager and the company of behalf of the poor girl this afternoon. Things would work out. They would have to.

"Taeyeon?" Jessica noticed her friend standing outside of Yoona's room. "Why don't you go in? She'd love to see you, you know." Jessica saw the nervousness in Taeyeon's eyes, and she understood why. Being the leader of the girls, she had the responsibility to keep the girls in line, which was in direct conflict with the duty to care and protect Yoona as a friend. No one could have predicted the problem which they all faced now. Losing herself in her thoughts, Taeyeon's sigh brought her back to the present.

"I don't know how to solve this Sica," the leader looked up, her eyes glassy, clearly frustrated at the situation.

"Taeyeon," Jessica began. "I've been with Yoona all day. Trust me, you need to tell her what the company said. She's already suffering enough, and I know you're going through a lot too having to deal with this pregnancy, but look at it from Yoona's perspective. All she has is us now. She's thrown Taecyeon completely out of the picture. She needs to know her future, and if she still has a career," the American-Korean girl paused, giving herself a few seconds from her eyes getting tearier than they already were. "We all need to know unnie, we all need to know if Yoona's still going to be a part of us. I'm begging you unnie, go in there and tell her what her future holds."

"Come in with me Sica," Taeyeon breathed in, preparing herself for what she had to tell Yoona. "Tiffany is out, and Yuri is out of the country filming. You guys are the closest to her, and with the other two gone, she's going to need you in there with her,"

*

"Yoona," she heard voices and a door creak open. "Yoona, honey, I have something to tell you."

It's that tone, Yoona thought to herself. That soothing tone of voice that could only belong to one person - Taeyeon.  Rubbing her eyes open from her sleepiness in her bed, Yoona also saw that Jessica was in the room, and she had quickly come to her side to help her up to sit in bed. "Sica, it's okay," Yoona laughed. "I'm pregnant, I haven't broken my spine or anything," she tried to lighten the mood, knowing what Taeyeon had to tell her.

Taeyeon sighed again, for the nth time that day as she sat at the edge of the bed, while Jessica decided to sit next to Yoona on the bed. "I talked to the company for you this afternoon honey. It's not exactly great news, but it's not exactly bad news either,"

"It's okay unnie, just tell me. I can take it,"

"You're lucky that we've just finished promotions for I Got A Boy, and with all the girls concentrating on their solo careers, you should be able to let your body rest without any problems. Though SM isn't exactly happy that you're pregnant, they won't be disbanding us. The only problem is that means that without any GG activities, you won't be getting a pay check. But I suppose that isn't that great of a deal of a problem, we can all still put our income together and split it with you. That way you can rest your body well enough so that you have give birth to a big fat baby," Taeyeon smiled at the younger.

"That's amazing news Yoona!" Jessica, delighted at the news, hugged Yoona.

No words could describe how relieved Yoona was feeling at that moment. She had been scared that the company would have forced her to have an abortion. But this was good news, even if it meant that she would have no income. She was smart enough to save half her pay checks these past few years that money would not be a problem.

"Honey, I hate to bring it up, but I need to ask you this," Taeyeon's voice turned serious as she reached for Yoona's hand. "Why'd you break up with Taec? He loves you and he loves kids. Why'd you do it? You still love him, we all know that,"

"It's not that simple unnie. We're both celebrities, with an underground relationship, and now I'm pregnant. Yes, I love him, and I don't think there will be a day where I stop loving him. But look at his career. He's about to have a comeback with the rest of 2PM, he's been offered acting roles, he's been casted on the Global version of We Got Married, he's building a name for himself in the entertainment industry both in acting and in his music. It was different a few months ago, when I wasn’t pregnant. There were already rumours circulating that we were together, so even if news did break out that the rumours were actually true, the damage would only be to a certain extent. But I'm pregnant now, and if the media finds out, it'll ruin his career. I can't risk that! I'd rather lose him and have to love him from afar than to have to ruin his career. It's not fair for him,"

"That doesn’t make it fair for you either Yoona!" Taeyeon protested. "If you both love each other, then the media shouldn’t matter. You shouldn’t have to end things with him because of the crazy fans and a judgemental society. Love is between two people. You have a child honey, are you thinking of raising it on your own? Do you even realise how hard that is? Taecyeon loves you, and if he found out you were pregnant, he would be ecstatic. Sica! Help me out here!"

"Unnie. There's nothing you can do about it. I will raise my child on my own, even if SM decides to drop me from the group. Taecyeon will not know about this child, I will make sure of it. I'm leaving for the States next week. I'll be there for nine months, give birth to my child, and then I will take it from there. If SM still wants be after I've given birth, then I'll come back." Yoona explained. God, sometimes it was almost like she wasn’t the second youngest of the group, but the oldest.

"Wait. What?!" Jessica yelled. "Since when did you decide that you were going to the States!? You can't go to the States by yourself! You are a pregnant woman! I won't let that happen Yoona!"

"I love you guys, I really do. But I'm going to the States whether you like it or not. I can’t let Taecyeon find out I'm carrying his child."

*

Under a dark night scattered with stars and a bright shining moon, Minjun walked along the beach with Tiffany, their toes sinking into the soft sand, their fingers intertwined. There was a comfortable silence between the pair of lovers, but the crashing of waves in the background somehow fitted Tiffany's aura tonight, Minjun thought to himself. "Hey," he brought their locked hands close to his heart and kissed her hand. "What's on your mind? You're awfully quiet tonight," As he waited for an answer from the woman he loved, he did not receive one. Either she was too lost in thought to even hear him, or she didn’t want to talk about him, and so he left it at that - she would talk to him when she was ready. A pair of arms suddenly and quickly wrapped around him, and it took Minjun a few seconds to realise it was Tiffany. 'Hey, what's wrong?" he kissed her hair, her face buried into his chest. She didn’t say anything, only just sniffled. "Fany, it's alright. You can talk to me sweetie," he continued, her hair with one hand as other s around her waist, bring her close to him.

It was stupid, she knew, but Yoona's situation has shaken Tiffany up. Jessica had called her earlier  to give her updates on Yoona, the pregnancy, and Taecyeon. She didn’t understand why Yoona had to push Taecyeon out of her life, and even resort to having to run away to the States. The whole situation frustrated her, both Yoona and Taecyeon were close friends of hers, it pained her to know that Yoona believed she had to sacrifice herself for Taecyeon's career.

"Kim Minjun." Tiffany finally spoke up, and looked her boyfriend straight in the eyes. "I love you. I'm so glad I have you. I don't know what I would do without you." She hesitated before continuing, knowing she would be in tears, but having to get it out of her system. "Don't ever leave me." And just as expected, tears started streaming down her cheeks.

Hearing her sob, his heart broke. Something had definitely happened for Tiffany to start breaking down out in public, and Minjun was determined to get to the bottom of it. "Shhh," he cooed in her ear, and kissing her hair. "I'm not going anywhere. You've got me tailing you for the rest of your life, you hear that?" He didn’t hear her say anything in response, but he felt her grip on him tighten. "Fany, look at me." He held her chin up. "Where is this all coming from? You're not the person to be so insecure about this type of stuff,"

"I can't tell you what's caused this, But I'm alright now," Tiffany tried to smile. "I just needed to get that out of my system. I love you." Tiptoeing, she kissed his lips, confirming to him that she was alright, and that her sudden emotional burst was over.

*

"Okay. Stop it. Stop singing, stop rapping. Just stop." Park Jinyoung said calmly into the mic, which the boys could hear in the recording studio.  Having been here all afternoon and evening, the boys of 2PM had been recording all this time, with Park Jinyoung directing the vocals. A whole day spent recording, and they still couldn’t get it right. There comeback was in less than a month, and the songs needed to be recorded fairly quickly so that their album could be produced. "Your heart ain't in it Taec. And you aren't hitting the right notes either Minjun." Something was on their minds, and Park Jinyoung was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"Sorry guys," both the boys mumbled to the rest of the group.

"It's okay hyungs," Chansung comforted, his arms patting both Taecyeon's and Minjun's backs.

"We know what it's like, the pressure and all," Junho comforted. "It's our comeback, we all want to do well. You put a lot of pressure on yourself hyung," he said to Minjun. "It's okay to miss a few notes here and there. And you're going through a rough patch right now. It's understandable Taec,"

"Jinyoung hyung is going to want to talk to the both of you," Wooyoung said. "We'll go get you two some coffee,"

"Hang in there you two," Nichkhun patted them both before heading off with the rest of the boys to the cafeteria.

 

*

Quick update, hope you all like it. Next chapters I shall be focusing on Taecyeon and the 2PM boys :)