Chapter Three

From Friends To Lovers

 

I had this chapter all written up weeks ago! I didn't realise that I hadn't posted it until just now! Oh well, this can be an update in celebration of 2PM's comeback stage on MCountdown! Was so happy with their performance tonight!

 

 

******************

Chapter 3:

Frustration. That’s all Park Jinyoung felt with the two boys standing before him. Something was on Taecyeon's and Minjun's minds that affected them so much, their hearts, minds and souls weren't even in the recording studio. Lines were forgotten, notes missed, and pitches were off. If their comeback was going to top the charts, then he was going to need to get to the bottom of things.

"Don't even apologise," he pointed at the two of them, who were about to do just that. "Apologising isn't going to help. So whatever is occupying your minds, spit it out. Now."

The boys didn’t dare say a word.

Park Jinyoung only sighed, he would have to start off with Taecyeon. "Is it something to do with Yoona?" Being Taecyeon's mentor, he was well aware of his relationships with women. He had no problem with his boys dating - he was young like they were at one point too, and he understood how much it hurt to have to walk away from a love because of the entertainment industry. As long as his boys were serious about the relationship, he was happy for them.

Taecyeon nodded. "She broke it off last week, hyung. I have no idea why," Words could not express how hurt he had been when she turned her back on their relationship. Not only had she broken off their relationship, but she had also severed their friendship. Yoona had made it very clear that day that she didn’t not want anything to do with him anymore. Hearing his love say that was a knife to his heart, salt to his wound.

It wasn't until a few seconds later that Jinyoung's mind clicked at what Taecyeon had just said. Yoona had called it quits in their relationship. That was something he did not see coming. Of all the relationships that his artists were currently in, he would have placed his bets on Taecyeon's and Yoona's being the strongest, even more stronger than Sunye's marriage. Together, they had overcome the scandals, which for most underground celebrity relationships, are the breaking points. Not only had they overcome their scandal together, but they had good friends in the industry who helped them to keep it a secret. Heechul, being the prime example, had at first opposed their relationship, but having spent time together on Family Outing 2, he had developed a liking towards Taecyeon and the couple together, and vowed to keep their relationship a secret. Jinyoung himself had developed a liking towards Yoona too, she was a sweet girl who brought out all the good in Taecyeon. With so many obstacles that they had overcome, it seemed silly to break off such  loving, and deep relationship. "Well if you still love her - and you clearly do - then you better go run after her. Get her to explain to you why, she owes you at least that much. If you think she's the one, then hold on and don't let go," True love only comes around so many times in a lifetime, he thought to himself.

One troubled young man down, another to go. "Now what the hell is on your mind Minjun?"

"Tiffany," he said, looking far into the distance. "She's been acting all weird on me lately. Like she's almost keeping a secret from me,"

*

"Yoona, please don't do this," Sunny begged her friend. For the past few days, all the girls had begged her to reconsider moving to the States, but their efforts were dismissed.

"I know you all love me," Yoona sighed to all the girls as they huddled around her in her room, watching her pack her stuff into suitcases that she would be taking over to America. "But I have to do this. It'll be easier for me to hide from the media over there. And if I do come back after giving birth, it'll be easier to convince Taecyeon that it's not his kid,"

"He's the biological father of your unborn child Yoona," Sooyoung tried. "You can't just leave without telling him. He has a right to know about the baby. Heck, if it weren't for your narrow-minded views and stubbornness, he would be looking after you and your baby right now. You might even be planning your wedding!"

"There's nothing you guys can say that will stop me from moving to the States. And this secret is between us. Taecyeon cannot find out about this baby. He absolutely can't,"

Yoona sure could be stubborn at times, Tiffany thought. She hated the fact that Yoona had made her promise earlier that she would not tell Taecyeon of Yoona's leaving, nor could she say anything about the baby. "Fine. But I'm coming on the trip with you. You can't be pregnant and travel alone, I won't let that happen. If I can't tell Taecyeon about you leaving or his child, then I am coming with you to the States to make sure you settle in alright. I don’t have any solo activities planned for the year anyway, so I am coming with you, no arguments, no buts, no nothing, period. If you aren't staying in Korea, then at least let me come with you to make sure you're okay. I'll fly back and forth from here and the US throughout the year,"

"She has a point Yoona," Jessica chimed in. "At least let one of us be with you. You can’t do this on your own no matter how strong and independent you think you are," Over the years, Jessica had looked up to Yoona, even though she was younger than her. Yoona's sense of maturity had certainly superseded everyone's expectations. Throughout these past few years being the face of SNSD, Yoona had suffered the most criticism, and Jessica and the rest of the girls would always be grateful for that. Being the face of the nation's girl group, Yoona was subjected to immense pressure to meet society's expectations.  And now to be faced with the fact that she was pregnant, unmarried, and having to leave her home in order to prevent ruining Taecyeon's career, Jessica could only watch her friend in awe. How could such a young, carefree, loving and joyful person put up with so much in life? How could she possibly think that she could raise a child on her own?

"I've made my decision. I'm leaving tomorrow morning."