Concert

And Goodbye

As U-kwon and his best friends stood backstage they could hear the noise coming from the audience. "Wow, I swear the fans get louder and louder every concert." Kyung patted his hyung on the back.

"That's because they love our beast leader and his rapping skills” The seven guys laughed as they waited anxiously to be announced.

Taeil stood off to the side quietly thinking to himself until approached by U-kwon. "Are you okay?" Taeil nodded and walked over towards the others with U-kwon.

 "Yeah, just hoping that the fans we meet tonight aren't psychos." The others agreed as they heard the MC.  

"-Block B!" As ‘Wanna B’ started blasting through the speakers the seven members made their way on stage.  

Throughout the whole concert the guys would speak to one another and the audience and the sound of the girl's screams never stopped. One girl in particular caught U-kwons attention, a pretty Caucasian girl with dirty blonde reddish hair and tan skin stood in the front near center stage. A smile plastered on her face the entire time, not once screaming, merely standing there holding her arms, smiling up at the boys.  

U-kwon wasn't the only one who noticed the other six boys did as well. But then who wouldn't notice a Caucasian female amongst a sea of fair skinned Asians? She intrigued U-kwon he had been to many concerts and never once had he ever seen a girl standing still, smiling.

 During ‘Just Stop!’ U-kwon saw the girl talking to someone who stood beside her, a friend possibly. Some peculiar hand movements accompanied the reaction from the other girl. Then they both left briefly only to return a couple minutes later. As they finished the concert up with ‘나만 이런거야?’ the girl's smile grew bigger. The seven guys put so much passion into their song that U-kwon momentarily forgot about the girl that only smiled.

As the concert ended the boys headed back to their dressing room, to shower so that they could meet their lucky fans, hopefully good looking female, fans.

Sloan’s Point of View 

I loved the concert, even though I couldn’t hear them sing, I could feel the vibrations from the speakers and I was able to see their dance moves, making me imagine the beat they were dancing too. Although I would give anything to be able to hear them sing, mostly hear U-kwon sing, Krystal tells me he has the most amazing voice.  

The only bad part about tonight was that I was being dragged around by the girls. Eun Hee had hold of my right arm, and Krystal my left, while they led me to what looked like a back door.  

Although I kept asking for them to tell me what was going on, none of them would tell me. Finally this tall, very buff, bald dude unfolded his arms, to stop us. “And where do you three think your going?”   

Eun Hee, pulled out what seemed to be three pieces of shiny paper, [insert light bulb bing] The girls got backstage passes? No way. Buff Baldie, as I called him, looked at the passes, then opened the door. Leading us down a series of hallways, until finally he stopped in front of one. Showing us the inside, I read his lips as he began to say.   

“They will be here shortly.” He left, and I sat down and started flipping through a magazine that was on the stand beside the couch I was sitting on. Only minutes later, to feel stares, causing me to look up and see not only my friends but Block B staring at me.    

“Um, hi.” I gave a slight wave, nothing to big. As I felt kind of awkward, I mean come on, how would you feel if seven, good looking, guys were standing in front of you, and you being deaf weren’t able to hear them walk in, probably causing them to think that you were ignoring them.  

I saw U-kwon’s mouth moving, but I couldn’t make out the words, his lips were moving too fast, the other guys continued to look at me funny. “Umm, could you say that again, a little bit slower?” U-kwon raised an eyebrow, but repeated.   

“You’re the girl who was standing in the front row, right?” Finally understanding him, I nodded.    

“Yeah, I’m Sloan. And you’re the guy that was on stage singing and dancing right?” I smiled, as he began to laugh.    

“Yep that’s me.” I noticed that the other girls were talking to all the other guys. Leaving me with U-kwon. I felt stupid, standing there asking U-kwon to speak slowly. He must have thought I was crazy, he was standing right in front of me. Although we talked for a while, without him finding out that I was deaf.   

After a couple minutes, we all sat down on the couches and began to talk. I was quiet, since the other’s kept talking really fast, that I couldn’t understand them, gaining me a few glances from the girls, and weird looks from the guys.   

“Um, I have to go to the bathroom, could someone tell me where it is?” U-kwon spoke once more. 

“Down the hall to the right.” As I began to get up I looked at Krystal who smiled, and said. 

“Don’t run into any walls.” I rolled my eyes at her, and began walking towards the door.  

“I’m deaf not blind , and it was one time.”