Reasoning

And Goodbye

 

Sometimes I wish I could be normal again, enjoy the beauty of the latest hit single, or hear people's voice. Yeah, incase you weren't able to guess by now; I'm deaf. I have been since I was 15. I'm 19 now, and I mean yeah I've gotten use to it, but I still want to hear what waves sound like, and I want to enjoy music, like I use too.

All I have are the memories, and I cherish those dearly. My friends went through some troubles too. Now that I couldn't hear them they had to learn to speak slowly and clearly so I could read their lips and they also tried to learn sign language on their free time.

I love them very much, I mean they could have been like some people and stop being my friend. Some people did, because they felt that I was no longer cool enough. But my true friends took time out of their lives to learn sign language. There's one good thing about all this.

I learned who my best friends were.

You know the saying that says, 'A good friend is there to bail you out of jail, but a best and true friend would be sitting next to you tell you exactly how bad ya'll ed up but that it was fun.' Yeah I have two of them, Lee Eun Hee, and Jung Krystal.

I wish they didn't have to do sign language, it makes me feel stupid, and sometimes left out. But my father can't afford a hearing aid, every since my mother walked out when I was 13, I haven't spoken to her since.

She hasn't even tried to contact me, which I am completely fine with. She walked out on my dad and me, because she wanted to be with another man. So it's her loss, my father is a great, hard working man. Unlike the guy she left us for.

I wish I could change whatever it was that happened, but it would take a miracle.

---------------------

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I look up in my mirror and see Nadia behind me. “Babe, the girls are on their way.” I smile, and begin to ask.

“Can you finish my makeup? You know I'm not good at this kind of stuff.” She nods and I turn around the face her. While she signs to me, ‘So, where are you girls going tonight?’

“Um, the girls are taking me to a Block B concert.” She motions for me to look up, while she finishes putting on my eyeliner.

Nadia Medcalfe  has been my brothers best friend since middle  school, and is my brother's girlfriend for the past four years, she was there for us when my mother left, and she has always been there for my brother, she is like a sister, to me. My brother is one lucky guy to have her. They are the cutest couple ever, I can see them getting married soon.

One day I hope to have a relationship like theirs. I continue to smile at Nadia, and after she is finished I stand up and hug her. She hugs me back, and we just stand there for a while. I feel vibrations in the floor and look up to see my brother standing at my door, signing that the girls were here.

You know how people say when you loose one sense, the others become stronger? Well that's true, I can feel vibrations a lot better. All my sense have multiplied.

Grabbing my purse, keys, and cell phone I walk over to my brother, and hug him just like I did Nadia, just not as long. He kisses my forehead, and pushes me towards the living room, nodding his head.

“Bye Dalton, bye Nadia.” I wave as they return the favor, and Dalton puts his arm around Nadia's shoulders.

Dalton’s Point of View

Watching my sister wave at me, and Nadia, it made me wonder how she would be if she could still hear. She use to be so full of life, making everyone laugh by cracking jokes, and her sarcastic tone, after school. Her playing basketball at the park, with me and my friends, and when her, Nadia, and I use to go to the movies every Sunday afternoon after Church.

It's just not the same, ever since she lost her hearing, she's been more quiet. Although she still plays music on her computer, and she still has music for ring tones even though she only texts. Nadia and I still hang out with her, and every time we ask where she wants to go she says 'the movies I heard that this movie was really good.'

She's more mature now, and it's just not how I wish she ended up. I mean the maturity is good, but it came upon her all the wrong way.

“Nadia is it wrong to worry about her so much?”

“Babe, no.” Placing a kiss on my cheek she continues, “You have every right. You are the most caring big brother I've ever met. She loves you, and you love her. You are just trying to look out for her.”

“It's just I feel so bad, she of all people doesn't deserve this. She has done nothing wrong, is God trying to show me that I should have been a better brother?”

“No hunny, God knows what he is doing. There is a reason as to why Sloan can't hear. Everything happens for a reason. Come on, let's go to your room and watch a movie.”

Wrapping my arms around Nadia's waist, we walk to my room. One thought racing through my mind.

What is her reason?

No One’s Point of View

Seven boys stood in their dressing room, waiting for their show to begin. “10 minutes boys.”

This was one of their many shows in Seoul, and they hoped it turned out well. They had just gotten big, and already had many fans. They weren't much worried about the attendance, for the tickets were sold out, and they got to meet some lucky fans tonight after the show.