Chapter 2

Living With 12 Guys

 

Your eyes fluttered open and you sat up groggily. You looked around the room and remembered you slept at Eunji's place last night. Your eyes shifted to Eunji, who was still sleeping soundly beside you.
 
"Eunji-ah, what can I do without you" you thought. Your eyes watered but you squeezed them shut and recomposed yourself.
 
 
- Ara's P.O.V- 
 
It was all Jihye's fault that I've gotten into this mess. She just never stop. Jihye was never good in studying but she was excellent with instruments. Violin, Piano, Guitar, you name it, she can play it all. She's a natural born musical prodigy. While me, on the other hand, I was good with books. Since my parents cared about education more than anything, I had been the star of the family. I can tell Jihye pretty much envy me. ( A/N: Oh, Jihye is only 1 year old older than Ara)
 
 It all started when I was 10. I joined this essay competition my teacher told me and as expected, I won first place. What I didn't know was Jihye had a piano recital the same day I joined the essay competition. But our parents didn't go to her recital but instead, they came to cheered me at the competition. Ever since that day, Jihye has been making my life miserable. 
 
My life ain't perfect as it seems. My parents had been pressuring me to study ever since I was little kid. Well, that explains how I'm multi-lingual at the age of six. But my father wasn't this strict before. It was when I entered middle school my parents changed. They changed into who I never thought they would be. They became more strict. They became.. Hmm, what is the right word for this. Oh yeah. They became worst.
 
- end of Ara's P.O.V -
 
 
"If only, appa-" 
 
"Oh, Ara, you're awake" Eunji said, interrupting your thoughts. "What time is it?" she sat up and rubbed her eyes. 
 
"Eunji-ah, I've decided that I'm gonna live on my own from now. I can't keep living with you" you said.
 
"Wae? You don't like it here?" Eunji frowned.
 
"No, it's not that" you paused. "I think it would be best if I try to live on my own from now on" you finished with a smile.
 
"But where will you go?" Eunji questioned. 
 
"Well that, I'm not quite sure. Let's just see where life leads me" you laughed
 
Eunji pouted. "If that's what you want, I can't stop you." she cried as she pulled you into a bear hug.
 
You chuckled at Eunji's cuteness. You took a shower and got all dressed up with clothes Eunji gave you. Eunji got all dressed up in her uniform, you decided not to go to school for the time being. Thank god you still have your bag from yesterday. You have your wallet and your cell phone in there too.
 
Both of you stopped at a bus stop. "This is where we part ways, Eunji-ah" you wiped your tears. Eunji hugged you tightly. "Bye, Ara-ah. I hope to see you soon" Eunji cried.
 
Not long after, the bus that Eunji took everyday to school arrived. She got in and sat by the window where she could see you. She quickly brushed the tears away and waved. You waved back. 
 
"Goodbye, Eunji-ah. For now"
 
You were wandering around the streets. You were thinking how would you survive with just a little amount of money in your wallet. As you were walking, you looked down, trying to think of a way. While you were thinking, you bumped into someone. Without even looking up, you said sorry and bowed. Before you could walk away, 
 
"What is your name, young lady?"
 
You turned around and faced a tall man in his early forties with two men in between.
 
You faked a laugh. "Annyeong, I'm not the kind of a sugar-daddy type, so if you excuse me, ahjussi" you bowed politely and turned away.
 
"You're homeless, aren't you?" the man said.
 
That question made you nervous somehow. You slowly turned around. "H-how did you know?" you stuttered.
 
 "Well, a young lady like you would be in school, not wandering around the streets" the man laughed.
 
You sighed.
 
"I assume you're hungry. Come here, child. Let's get you something to eat" he offered.
 
This ahjussi seems familiar. Where have I met him before?
 
"Who are you, ahjusshi?" you questioned with a stern look on your face.
 
That ahjussi laughed, along with the two men.
 
You stared at them in confusion. "Waeyo? Did I say something wrong?" you asked.
 
The ahjussi cleared his throat and said, "I am Lee Chi Hoon. You can call me Mr. Lee or ahjussi, like you already did" You choked at the name. "Lee Chi Hoon!? As in the owner of Lee Technology and Lee Shopping Mall!?" you half-shouted.
 
No wonder he seems familiar. 
 
"You sure know a lot, child"  Mr. Lee chuckled.
 
"Well, that's because your name is always on the first page on the newspaper." you paused. "And you're practically a multi-billionaire" you blurted out. You mentally smacked yourself for saying that out loud.
 
"Umm, I am Kim Ara, ahjussi. You can call Ara" you smiled.
 
"Ara? What a nice name you have there. Now that we've introduce ourselves. Let's get you something to eat. I assume you're hungry" 
 
 
You had no choice but to agree cause you were starving as hell. You got into his car which was fancy, you must say. The two men were apparently ahjussi's bodyguard. And so, they drove to a Sushi restaurant. 
 
When you guys finally arrive, you got out of the car and squealed. "Are we going to eat here, ahjussi?" you asked. 
 
Mr. Lee nodded. "Really!? Kamsamida!" you bowed.
 
You ordered lots kind of sushi. Mr. Lee just laughed.
 
"Tell me about your life, Ara. How did you became homeless?" Mr. Lee questioned.
 
You stopped eating and sighed.
 
Should I tell him?
 
You took a deep breath and decided to tell him. You told him the incident last night about you getting kicked out because of what your older sister lied. You told him about Eunji and  you even told him about your family and how they keep pressuring you to study. And the story goes on and on. Yada yada yada~
 
 
 
"And that's how I became homeless" you finished as you continued eating.
 
"And how old are you?" Mr. Lee asked, as he looked at you eating.
 
"I'm 14" you said without any emotions on your face. 
 
"Ah that's how she became homeless. Such at young age. She's smart and seems like a nice kid. It's a pity how her family doesn't want her anymore." Mr. Lee thought. 
 
Mr. Lee finally made a decision. He cleared his throat and offered,
 
"How about you come to live with me in my house?"
 
"I'm sorry, what?" You weren't paying attention at the time. 
 
"How about you come live with me in my house?" he repeated.
 
You nearly choked on your own saliva.
 
"I can be your new father from now on." 
 
Wait what--
 
"Or even an uncle to you, if that's what you want" he smiled.
 
"What the hell is happening right now" you thought.
 
 

Second chap is up! How was it? English is not my first language so excuse my mistakes.

Do comment and subscribe! ^^
 
To my close friend Natty, Eunji wont be in the next chaps. orz sorry! But I promise you she will be, sometime later. <3