Chapter 3

Through Borrowed Eyes

 

___________________________________________

 

              "Police! Police! Stop him! He stole my ring!" The scene was normal to Aron. He had seen things like this many times before. Life as a human wasn't all that is used to be. No! Aron could still remember the time when his Grandpa would tell him about the humans being in power and how peaceful it had been. He almost didn't believe him, 'Humans in power? Peace?' It would have been a crazy thought now, Aron thought while sighing. But back then it was a reality... Turning his attention back to the scene in front of him, he see's the two guards grab on to woman. "What are you doing? Unhand me! Catch the thief! I'm not the thief!" She yells struggling against their restraint. One of the two trolls cup a hand over to keep her quiet. 

 
           "Whether you're the thief or not you are still under arrest!" The woman furrows her eyebrows together in confusion, as does Aron. What were they talking about? The lady opens to speak but is forced to silence because the troll guard. "Lord Norsh has passed and issued a new law. No lower species is to wear any form of jewelry and all accessories will be collected before sundown. If one is to refuse and not abide by these rules then it's termination on the spot." The woman cries out before dropping to her knees.
 
          "Please! Please I'm begging you! I didn't know... Just this once please spare me! I'm seven months pregnant, just please!" She pleads. Alarmed, Aron slowly makes his way over to the scene, seeing as things were getting out of control.
 
         "Come on fellas... Why not just let the poor Lass go, just this once? I mean, it's not like your Lord Norsh is going to know." Aron says saying the name as if it was poison on his tongue. The trolls exchange unsure looks before turning a fixed gaze back on Aron. Stepping forward one lifts him up by the collar of his shirt, almost strangling him by the amount of force that was being applied. 
 
        "Just this once okay... If word ever gets out..." The guard moves his free hand up to his head and mimics the motion of being hung. "Then you're dead!" Dropping Aron to the ground the two stalky trolls turn and walk away. Struggling to catch his breath he stands up and shakes a hand in their direction.
 
      "Yeah! You better run!" He says putting on a show for the lady.
 
      "Thank you so much! If you hadn't come when you did, then... I don't know. But thank you so much! Can I repay your kindness?" Aron smirks at the predictable question, but not being one to take advantage of others, he simply replies,
 
        "No, no repayment... Just tell me your name is all." The lady blushes under his gaze and says,
 
        "Juniper... My names Juniper." He smiles at the information and stores the name in his brain.
 
        "Like the flower right?... It suits you." He pauses, "Where do you live? I believe it's only common curtsey that I see you get home safely." Juniper rubs her arm and biting her lip shyly, she manages to respond,
 
        "By the market."  Aron starts walking, leading the young woman towards the market. Looking out of the corner of his eyes, Aron can't help but notice that she does in fact look like she was carrying a unborn child in her stomach.
 
        "Know what you're going to name it yet?" He asks nodding his head in the direction of her stomach. Reaching an affectionate hand down she her stomach gently.
 
       "Well, if it's a girl I want her name to be Elizabeth."
 
       "Sounds pretty classy." Aron comments, "But what if it's a boy?"
 
       "If it's a boy?Mmm... Eli? Maybe..." Juniper says thinking on the spot.
 

       "Why do you sound so unsure of yourself? That's a fine name." He says testing the name on his tongue, "Eli... Hm. Don't know why but I hope you have a boy... Eli could really change things around  here." Aron predicts, as if he could see the kids future... If only he really knew.

 

 

___________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry for such a late update... I've been out of town for awhile. Oh! And every once in awhile I'll be putting a fun fact about the creatures or things that live on the land of Sunta! (Like the butterfly seen above)