Chapter 1

Through Borrowed Eyes

Part One:The beginning                                                                                                                  

  __________________________________________________

 

             It was raining. Freshly made paw prints quickly fill up with the down pour of rain and not to far from there new prints were being made. It was a dark night, a cold one. Three Thorga's were running side by side, their steps falling with a rhythmed union. It was almost like they've ran with each other many times before. Breaths misting out into the air in front of them, the three exchange nervous glances. One a female, and the other two males.

           "Did they follow us?" The female asks turning her ears every which way to help pick up sounds in there surroundings. The male snaps at her heels sternly before saying,
 
          "It doesn't matter Suelmi! Our first priority is to get to the den and defend the pups!" Suelmi grunts, which causes an even larger mist of air to float out and get illuminated by the full moon.
 
         "I understand Sir Mesticun! L, Come on let's go!" She barks at the silent male Thorga. L lifts his head indifferently and picking up the pace the three break out into a dead run. Knowing with a silent fear that gnawed at their bones that if they slowed down, that the pups would be in danger. In danger of the Lesfin's that were now pursuing them. 
 
         The two species had been at odds with one another for over three decades. There once had been a time were harmony existed between all the species. But that was before the humans were kicked out of power. Before the Trolls became smart and used their brains. The greedy and conniving Trolls found out that they could produce special offspring known as the Lesfin's. Although their parents were Trolls you would have never guessed that the Lesfins were part Troll too. By just looking at them they resembled humans... But had a beauty that could almost shame any saint that dare chance laying their eyes upon them. Not only that, but they discovered the hard way that their children, no matter how much they looked like angels, were quite deadly. The children were not only born looking human, but also each one had and could wield one elemental power. Sometimes it would be fire, water, air, earth... Those were just some of the common ones. The Thorga, the half wolf half human hybrids who had been around since the beginning of time, and who have harbored a great loyalty towards their human companions, took the attacks personal. Taking it into their own hands the Thorga quickly made it known that they were apart of this fight and the two species clashed. Some time during the span of ten years the Thorga lost any last caring thought that they had held for the humans and instead, replaced it with their hatred of the Lesfin's. Lesfin's craved the bloodlust and power, so because of that they killed off many Thorga packs and human villagers. Almost no one was safe from the power of the Lesfin's. No one.
 
          Approaching a clearing the three slow into a trot and cautiously Mesticun approaches the mouth of the den. Hearing the familiar sound of a pups yipping and yapping he pokes his head into the den. "How did we do?" He asks his mate. Gazing lovingly at her pups, she raises her head tiredly.
 
         "Only two..." She says, the sadness dripping through each word. Walking to his mates side, Mesticun lays down, resting his head on top of hers.
 
         "It's okay Eve... Next spring we can rest our tired old bones and leave the fighting to our offspring. You've birthed a strong pair... Have you named them yet?" Eve shakes her head 'yes', nuzzling the small male pup closer to herself.
 
        "Yes. This ones name is Hoon and that girl one over there, our daughter, is named Luna." Mesticun looks down at his new family filled with pride.
 
       "These two will grow up strong together! The twin's will be fine indeed!" He boast moving away from his wife. Slowly standing up on his hind legs, with great difficulty,  Mesticun transforms into his Human form. Eve looks up at him giving him a worried look.
 
       "You're not going out in that form are you? You know that if you get caught like that it will be hard to defend yourself!" Mesticun smirks at that.
 
     "You know... You're faith in me is almost insulting. I'm only going out to hear news from the Elves... You know how difficult it is to get information out of them in our 'wolf' forms." Eve sighs defeated and goes back to tending her pups. 
 
     Stepping out of the den, Mesticun stretches out his limbs, not very much use to the form he was currently in. Jogging he makes his way into the shadows of Korrla's Forest. Feet sloshing in the wet mud, Mesticun lets the rain pound him. The drops of rain run down his brown hair and frame his sharp face before dripping off of his skin again. Nearing a tilting willow, Mesticun settles his hand on the rough surface. Rasping his knuckles against the bark of the tree, Mesticun waits. Leaning up against it for support, he hears a small thud. Looking through the corner of his eyes he see's a small head poke out of the tree.
 
       "Oh... It's just you, Mesticun. What do you want now?" The little elf asks, all riled up to be called upon in the rain.
 
      "I have a small favor to ask of you Dongil." Dongil bangs his head impatiently on the door of his burrow.
 
      "Well spit it out then! I'm busy!" Mesticun takes a deep breath in an attempt to keep himself calm. As pack leader he usually wouldn't tolerate any form of disrespect... But that was with the Thorga. This, sadly, was an elf.
 
      "Ah, yes! Well I heard rumors of the Lesfins... Something about an offspring?" Dongil nods his head bored, as if he already heard the story before.
 
     "Yes! Yes! Special offspring? Yes, I've heard of this already. The lads name is Soohyun. In line to become the next heir of the Lesfins!" Mesticuns hands ball into fists and in his anger he punches the base of Dongil's willow tree. "Whoa! Whoa! Buddy, I'm just a messenger! But I swear that if you ever shake my tree again... Why I 'ought a!" Ignoring the elfs rant, Mesticun shakes his head angrily.
 
    "A heir? I thought... I thought Norsh didn't even have a mate yet." He growls before transforming into a wolf. Scared at the beast in front of him, Dongil jumps back into his house and Mesticun runs off, ready to tell the Thorga of the very unsettling news he carried...
 
_________________________________________________
 

 

A/N: Hi my lovely subscribers did I do a good job on the first chapter? Ah man, I really hope my friend likes it >.< Anyways, this is just the beginning... Things will warm up later on. And a present for subscribing is (click heart)  <3 hope I made you smile (: