IX.

Don't Tell My Brothers

 

Don't Tell My Brothers - Chapter Nine

[does not contain any violent scene. if AFF says this is marked as Rated M, don't believe it!]

 


 

One morning, Yunho called his butler over. Butler Kang has been very loyal to the Royal Family. He's one of the oldest servants in the palace. Even before the Jung family was chosen to represent the country as the royal family, he worked for them as a driver.

 Some of the guards looked for him. But Butler Kang is nowhere to be found. Yunho tried to look for Butler Kang himself. He may be in the greenhouse checking some of the Queen's plants. Or he could be in the rooftop, wasting time. He could also be outside the palace. Yunho tried calling his phone but there was no response at all.

Yunho checked the bathroom. He called Butler Kang's number again. This time, he could hear Butler Kang's ringtone. He followed the sound. He dropped his phone upon seeing Butler Kang on the floor, unconscious. There was blood all over the floor.

"Ya! Ya, Ahjussi!", Yunho shouted. He shook Butler Kang's body. But the man remained lifeless. Yunho began to cry. He did not expect to lose such a loyal butler. Butler Kang always tend to him whenever he's troubled or when he needs help. 

"Who did this to you, Ahjussi?! Ahjussi! Ahjussi! Don't leave me, Ahjussi! Ahjussi!", Yunho screamed.

Bodyguards surrounded the door. They were all surprised to see Yunho wailing over Butler Kang's dead body. A big stamp was marked on Butler Kang's hand. Yunho burst into anger upon seeing this.


 

Jessica decided to visit Butler Kang's funeral. She knew how close her older brother is with Butler Kang. Donghae accompanied her. Jessica wanted to ignore the fact that she read Yoona's little diary. But whenever she saw Donghae's face, she remembered how much pain Yoona brought him.

Jessica saw his brothers paying respect to Butler Kang. The paparazzi were trying hard to get the best shots of the two princes bowing, kneeling and crying. Jessica isn't really close with Butler Kang since her father always made sure she had female servants to prevent incidents of abuse and . Same goes with Krystal, the youngest.

"Yunho-oppa is really depressed right now.", Jessica said.

"Yeah, I'm sure he is.", Donghae agreed.

"Let's go.", Jessica said, grabbing Donghae's arm. Donghae was surprised. Since when did the princess get close to him? Since when did the princess grab her servants' arm? 

Jessica and Donghae kneeled down and paid their respects. Yunho, on the other hand, was interviewed by the press.


"Excuse me, your Highness. Who made this unforgivable crime to your butler?", one media man asked.

"We have no idea at the moment. The police will be in charge of all the investigation. I put my trust and faith in them.", Yunho said as he fixed his dark sunglasses to protect his sore eyes.

"Your Highness, don't you think this is also related to the second Princess' case?", another asked.

"I think so. Most probably. I don't want to say any detail about the pattern of these cases. For now, let's just pray that this will end soon. I will try my best to push this case through until we find the mastermind.", Yunho answered. He walked out, followed by six guards trailing behind him. The press tried to chase him but the guards blocked them from doing so.


 

After going to the funeral, Jessica went to the palace's grounds and wandered around. Donghae followed her. The security around the palace was tightened. Donghae made sure Jessica won't get into harm. Jessica sat by a bench and invited Donghae to sit beside her.

"Jessica-ssi. Why are you letting me sit so close to you?", Donghae asked.

"Why? Is there something wrong?", Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"No. But... it was said in the handbook that a servant cannot stay near a royal member unless if told to or when in danger.", Donghae explained.

"Pathetic. Don't believe that stupid handbook, will you? It's for dummies.", Jessica said.

Donghae laughed. "But why?"

"Didn't I tell you before? You're a friend.... a best friend to me. I don't care what others say if I let you sit beside me or hug me. It's because you're a friend, Donghae-ssi.", Jessica told him.

"Really? Well then, thank you.", Donghae replied.

"Aigoo! How can you be so forgetful? I told you how much you meant to me when we danced together! Remember?", she said, punching Donghae's arm lightly.

"Hey, hey. Stop! Okay, I remember.", Donghae affirmed.

"That's good."

There was an awkward silence between them. Donghae looked at her. He liked how Jessica's face lit up when she smiled. He liked how her long, wavy cinnamon-like hair flowed down her shoulders. He liked her milky white skin,too. He liked everything about her. Jessica noticed Donghae's long, lingering stare. She looked at him. Donghae gulped. He felt awkward. Jessica laughed. Donghae laughed, as well. 

"You're really silly, Donghae-ssi.", Jessica commented.

"So are you, Sooyeon."

"Sooyeon?! How dare you call me by my full name?"

"Okay. I'm sorry, your highness!"

"That's better."

They burst into laughter once again. From that moment on, Jessica knew that Donghae was worth fighting for.


hello! it's me, ladychoding07. :) hope you like this chapter! btw, sorry for the very late update. i was busy with RP's and stuff. XD i will be updating soon again. don't worry! awooo~ XD