I.

Don't Tell My Brothers

Don't Tell My Brothers - Chapter One

 

 


 

During the early 2000s, the government started debating on the restoration of the monarchial government. Several families were selected to represent the country as symbols of a pure Korean family. After several years of debates and protests, the Jung Family was selected by the citizens.

Jung Hyun Ki didn't want to accept such position. But the people pushed him to do so.

 

Now, Korea's economy and tourism boosted - all thanks to the Royal Family and the Prime Minister himself.

 

But there were always stubborn people.

 

They kept silent for awhile. But in the dark corners of Seoul, they've been plotting dangerous acts to harm the royal family. 

 

Despite being hated and insulted by many citizens, Jung Hyun Ki maintained the golden figure of the royal family with the help of his sweet and loving wife, Yo Reum.

Jung Yunho always looked up to his parents. Ever since he was declared the Crown Prince, he had the urge to change himself. He always aimed high in everything. It was very rare for the Prince to fail at his tests or lose a game. Having gained many achievements in life, Yunho always tried to be a strict brother to his siblings. The King is always away for charity work, business, events, conferences and etc. So, he stood as the second father to his siblings.

He is always stern even towards his servants and his friends. One little mistake could make him cut his relationship with the person he's dealing with.

It was rare to see him laugh or smile. He never wanted to become a Prince. Everybody always looked at him with expectations, making him more pressured and challenged. He wanted to hang-out with his friends, date with the girl whom he really loved and joke around with his siblings. He couldn't do anything about it because he was born to serve the country. He was born to continue his father's legacy.

Jung Yonghwa was Yunho's complete opposite. He was carefree. He treats himself just like other men. He wants to forget about his position whenever he's playing with his band or he's off to see some friends. For him, life isn't difficult if only you know how to play.

Many girls loved Yonghwa. They would always follow him around. Despite that, Yonghwa's heart chose only one girl from hundreds - and that is Seo Joo Hyun. He's very faithful and caring towards her. Eventually, he won Seohyun's heart.

Aside from that, Yonghwa loves music. He has a deep passion for it. He writes songs. And he performs with his band during his free time.

Jung Jessica, the First Princess, is otherwise known as Sooyeon. She was born outside Korea, together with her younger sister, Krystal. She came back to Korea when she was eleven years old. Jessica always stole the spotlight from Yunho and Yonghwa because of her attitude. Growing up in San Francisco might have brought negative effects on her attitude. She yelled at her servants, fired all of her butlers, ran away from her bodyguards and threatened many people who would disobey her mandate.

She was often called as "Spoiled Brat" in her school. Many citizens hated her. But there was nothing she could do about it. She was just being herself.

Jung Krystal, the Second Princess, is otherwise known as Soojung. She is Jessica's opposite. She's currently studying in Japan, taking a course involving film and arts. She's very bubbly and friendly. She has a different kind of charisma. She appreciates even the smallest thing you can do for her. 

The Royal Family is fantastic, indeed.

But will its golden figure shine?

Or will it fade and become tarnished?


 

"The coast is clear, Sica.", Tiffany said as she closed the door of the ladies' room.

Jessica entered one of the cubicles, bringing clothes and shoes inside. 

"Hey, Jessica. What about your bodyguards?", the taller girl beside Tiffany asked.

Jessica chuckled. "They will always obey my orders, Victoria. Don't worry. It's my job to keep them silent throughout the party."

"What if your brothers find out about this?", Tiffany protested, "They might put the blame on me and Victoria."

Jessica went out of the cubicle. Her red dress revealed her milky white skin. Her heels made her look taller. And her cinnamon-colored hair made her look gorgeous. She looked at herself in the mirror. There was just one thing that she needed right now.

"I told you, it's all on me. Don't worry.", Jessica assured the two, "Now, lend me your makeup dear."

Victoria handed her makeup kit to Jessica. She was still worried about Jessica's safety and reputation. It was always good to have a girls-night-out but without Yunho's permission, they would have difficulty in making this girls-night-out a secret. Tiffany tried to shift her thoughts by talking to Jessica about the drinks, the bartenders and the very hot heirs who would be present in the nightclub. 

 

Jessica, Tiffany and Victoria finally entered the nightclub. Nobody recognized Jesssica because of the dark atmosphere inside the club. Jessica's bodyguards tried to stop her but Jessica handed them drinks and said, "It's my treat. Have fun. And don't you ever tell my brothers about this!" The bodyguards were silenced as they watched Jessica walk to the dancefloor with her friends.

Jessica was having so much fun. The rich heirs Tiffany mentioned came along and danced with her. 

But there were people who recognized her. One person grabbed his phone out and took a video of the princess.... dirty dancing with boys. Others felt disgusted to see a noble woman dance with two boys who are both having an obvious for her.

Victoria didn't seem to care anymore because she was already drunk. She just sat in a corner, laughing at Tiffany and Jessica dancing with the boys. She isn't the type to dance along with boys. She still has the characteristics of a pure Chinese woman. 

The bodyguards were extremely worried. But instead, they planned on making the best alibi to cover up Jessica's actions. Yunho may ask them where Jessica went and what time she arrived in the palace.

 


 

"Jung Sooyeon!"

Yunho's anger rose to its highest level upon seeing his sister's scandal on television. He threw the remote control away, stood up and headed towards Jessica's room.He barged in directly. Jessica was still snoring when he came in. So, he pulled her blanket away. He twisted the back of Jessica's pink alarm clock and put it close to her ears.

Jessica felt irritated and woke up. She still has a severe headache from last night's party.

"Where were you last night?!", Yunho yelled.

Jessica shifted her position and blinked. "What are you talking about, oppa? I still need to rest."

"Where were you last night?!", Yunho repeated.

Jessica massaged her temple and replied, "Group study."

Yunho wanted to burst. His butler came in, holding his mobile phone and showed Jessica her video scandal. Jessica gasped. "Where did you get this?"

"Never mind, Jessica. This video spread like wildfire already. Tell me.... how am I going to tell Mom and Dad about this? You brat.", Yunho said.

"But Oppa! You should protect me. Please....", Jessica pleaded.

Yunho heaved a sigh and went out of her room. He heard Jessica shout his name once again. But there was nothing he could do about it. Whenever the King and Queen aren't present, it was always his job to protect his siblings. He felt confused. What should he do about Jessica, then?

Later on, the King called him through his phone.

"Ne, abeoji. I'll make sure Jessica gets the best personal assistant.", Yunho said to the other line. He hung up first before his father can remind him of his duty as the Crown Prince and as an older brother. He called his butler out.

"Bring me the previous applicants.", he mandated.

 


The last applicant made his way to Yunho's private library.

Yunho was tapping his table. None of the applicants were good enough to discipline Jessica. A knock on the door was heard. Yunho cleared his throat and said, "Come in."

A man wearing a blue polo and khaki trousers went inside. He was carrying his folder. His hair was swept to the side. He looked very much formal than the other applicants. His face showed signs of nervousness. Yunho had a good feeling about him. He bowed down and said his greetings.

"Sit down.", Yunho pointed at the seat in front of him.

The man sat down and handed his folder to Yunho. Yunho opened it, read its contents and smiled. The man was really different from the others. Yunho recognized him after reading his profile. 

"Lee Donghae? Aren't you the son of the famous Lee Chul Moo?", Yunho raised his eyebrow.

"Y-Yes.", Donghae answered.

 

Here we go again. 

Expectations.

Why do I have to face all of these?

Even if I am your son, I have to make my own name.

I have to make a mark.

I am Lee Donghae.

I'm not Lee Chul Moo's stupid son.

 

Yunho nodded his head. He wanted to accept Donghae directly but he had some doubts. First, why would a son of a rich business tycoon apply for such job? Second, will he be able to protect and discipline Jessica? Third, does he really deserve to be a personal assitant?

"Donghae-ssi, I'm sorry to ask you this but....why are you applying for this job? Um, you're Lee Chul Moo's son. You have an airline company to inherit. Why?", Yunho asked him.

Donghae smirked. "I ran away. I need a job. So, please.... no further questions about my personal life, your Highness."

Yunho sighed. "Very well, then. One last question.  What will you do in order to tame my sister? I'm not describing her as some sort of beast. But what will you do in order to discipline her?"

"Well, I can't promise you anything. I will do my best to put Jessica's feet on the ground and her head down as always. A princess should act like a princess. Although taming a lovely beast like her would be difficult, but I will put dedication in this job so that I can be able to transform her into a kind and loving sister of yours. I'm not gonna do this for myself. I'm gonna do this for the nation. So that the people of Korea may be able to look up to an honorable princess like her.", Donghae replied.

Yunho shoved the folder to the side. He grinned. "Congratulations, Lee Donghae. You're the guy I've been looking for."

He reached out his hand for Donghae to shake.

"Thank you very much, your Highness.", Donghae thanked him.

 


 

Jessica swam around the pool. This was her way to forget about the worries she has about the video scandal. For two days, she kept silent about the issue. She locked herself in her room oftentimes. She regretted all the things she had done on that night. Tiffany was embarrassed, too. She was in the video whilst Victoria was just sitting around. The two, like Jessica, didn't attend class for two days.

Jessica's days were over.

Yunho and Yonghwa entered the swimming are. Jessica was delighted to see her brothers again but her smile turned into a frown when she saw a man trailing behing them. She rose from the pool. Her maids covered her up with her robes.

"Jessica, this is Lee Donghae. He will be your personal assistant from now on.", Yunho introduced the man beside him.

"What?", Jessica asked. She was shocked. It took her a moment for the message to finally enter her mind.

"He's your personal assistant. He will manage your schedule, follow you around, protect you like a bodyguard, help you in your needs and most of all.... discipline you.", Yonghwa explained.

Jessica's eyebrows met. "That's impossible! You can't just hire someone to discipline me! It's enough for me to have Mom and Dad to discipline me. You guys are really rude."

"I'm sorry, Jessica-ssi. But it's the King's order.", Donghae informed her.

Jessica pointed at him. "How dare you call me by my name? You're fired!"

"You don't have the power to fire him, Sooyeon. Only Dad can. Dad has also given him the privilege to call you by your name naturally.", Yunho reminded her.

Jessica screamed in anger and walked away. Yunho and Yonghwa tapped Donghae's shoulders and wished him good luck.  Donghae shook his head in frustration. He thought it would be easy at first but Jessica's cold and icy stares challenged him more.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I hope you like the first chapter even if it's short. I'm really sorry, Sica... for making you look like some kind of b*tch in this chapter. Don't worry guys, she already has someone to discipline her. xD Don't forget to subscribe and vote. Thank you for reading.