10

Benefits, Love, Contract

CL's PoV

 

I must be crazy. Okay look at me now! Dizzy, busy, weary, and need to be wow-so-dolly again this time? Can Romeo from the unknown tale found nowhere pick me up now??? JUST NOW??? Why am I so weak when it comes to Appa? Yeah, don't try to make me look more bad because mocking him around like this. It's just I don't know?! I have no one to be blamed. APOLO!!!!!!

 

Dinner with family is the last thing I can think about this morning -and even ever- but now I have to make it as a big deal because Eomma's phoned this afternoon! SIMPLE! HELL IS ALWAYS COME WHENEVER I HAVE ANOTHER HELL AROUND ME! DOUBLE TRIPLE HELL!!!

 

"Unnie, are you okay?" Halin, my only younger sister asked me with her soft and honest sight. She is so nice but.....

 

NO! I AM NOT OKAY!!

 

"Yes.. I am" smile... fake... why you always be so fake Chaerin?? 

 

"You look so horrible. Is it about work? Or boyfriend?" Halin asking again. She sat besides me on the bench, we are waiting for Eomma who still busy preparing all the foods in the kitchen. The bench is outside the room on the second floor, so we can enjoy the night sky view from the bench. 

 

I took a deep sighed. 

 

"so heavy burden on you?"

 

"I don't know, Halin. I feel so distracted..."

 

"About what unnie?"

 

"Everything....."

 

Suddenly the forever baby girl hugs me. Oh... I think I can cry now. I'm crying now. The tears drop down without any obstacles. 

 

"Whatever the thing you try to hide now.. Please remember that you have me, you have eomma, and you have appa..." Halin said in the middle of our hugs. I nood and make our shoulders shake around. 

 

"Thankyou Halin.. Thankyou..."

 

"Daughters... where are you? Foods are ready!" Eomma screamed inside. We laughed to hear that and walk into the dinning room. 

 

Dinner time went by without any important movement made by everyone there. It was near to holly-silence for me. As I remember, the last time I brought my boyfriend (now become ex) to the family dinner like this we have great time. Laugh everytime everywhere. But yes, Appa told me the other night after that he didn't good for me, I didn't believe it and dank! he cheat over me... oh LORD! After that I promise not to untrust Appa's words again. HE ALWAYS RIGHT AND HAVE THE RIGHTS. 

 

Now...

 

Halin's boyfriend is more than average. He is awesome. Come from as awesome family as us. OH MY GOD.. WHAT I SAID? 

 

But Appa doesn't look attracted to him. 

 

Please, Appa not again. 

 

After finishing the dinner, Appa asking me to join the chat with him inside the library. This home has its own libabry for each of us. One for Appa, since he's a great lecture of  Seoul Nation University, his library is the biggest one. Eomma, Halin and I also have our own library. This is the last thing I haven't got inside my apartment. I can't displace all my books in the library into my apartment. SO SAD... It has no any enough area for that. 

 

"So, why Appa needs to talk with me?" I ask -directly-

 

"Did you see Halin's boyfriend?"

 

"Of course, Appa. Jaesook is good..."

 

"You think so?"

 

I nod. 

 

"What about you?"

 

"What?" I don't understand. Really... i hope it's not in the way to asking me about my love life because it's as horrible as my condition now. BAD!!!!! 

 

"Have you got any boyfriend now?"

 

DAMN!

 

"Anni..."

 

"Good then.."

 

WHAT? I rolled my eyes. UNBELIEVEABLE. 

 

"I don't understand, Appa.."

 

"Do you remember about Kim family? The one that had ever saved my life, helped me make the education foundation? Support my movement and protect me from politicals behalf?"

 

"I try my best to recall that.."

 

"Now, is the time to repay the favors..." Appa takes his glasses and use it to look for I don't know maybe some papers, documents, whatever is that I DON'T CARE! NOW I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT. For God sake!!! Don't let me into this paying favors planning please. 

 

"Appa..."

 

"This.." Appa gives me a photo -black and white- so clasic. And then he continues talking, "I want you as my behalf help me to help them. Kim family needs you..."

 

"Need me for?"

 

"Be their daughter-in-law..."

 

I'm shaking. 

 

"Appa..."

 

"Please, honey. You're their last resort..."

 

"You sell me to them?" I CAN'T BELIEVE I TALK MY THOUGHTS.

 

"No.. No.." Appa coughed... "Just a year. Kim Ahjumma will tell you the whole story later. Trust me you will understand this.."

 

"Will I?"

 

-XXX-

 

"Your parents must be crazy!!!" Bom unnie told her disbelif to what my Appa told to me last night. I told Bom unnie everything about my Appa's request -that I can't reject- last night. 

 

Yeah, she doesn't need to repeat it, I know my parents must be crazy... and I'm crazier... and so GOD IS THE CRAZIEST. 

 

HOLLY CRAP.. God, forgive me for saying that. 

 

"Unnie, please..."

 

"So, you gonna do this stupid plan?"

 

"I have no choice..." and if I had one, I don't think I can reject Appa's request. Besides, I know this is what called as repay favor. Kim family has done lot of helps to Appa. As his only single daughter (since Halin's going to engaged), I have to do this as behalf of my Appa. 

 

"Listen, Chaerin. You are beautiful, smart, independent, `and the list goes on so you deserve better than just those stupid son of Kim ahjumma. What if he is unlike all the prince charming type you always admired off?"

 

YES... THAT'S SCARY ME!! 

 

"I don't know unnie..." the only reply I have for her. 

 

"Chaerin?"

 

"Let's go back to work. I have to present this financial reports to DRAGON ENTERTAINMENT share holders meeting today. Will you come with me?"

 

"No, I don't want to meet the GDRAGON again! He's such a bad man who can easily steal my heart and I'm not ready.."

 

OH MY GOD BOM UNNIE.. I LAUGH HARD ...

 

"Don't laugh.."

 

"That's funny!!"

 

"Don't laugh, Chaerin..."

 

"Oh Unnie...."

 

I still can't stop laughing.

 

So, I go to DRAGON ENTERTAINMENT with two of my staffs without Bom unnie. With the help of my staffs the presentation goes well. Even great. All the share-holders look satisfied with all my works and advise. But I know it's not enough. The largest share-holders didn't come to the meeting. YES! THE ONE THAT HELD THIS MEETING! KWON JIYONG. 

 

I don't know where he was. I don't want to know. 

 

LIE.

 

I want to know so badly. DAMN DAMN DAMN....

 

Is he stressed out because of the recent issue about Gong Minji and him? GOSH! Even until now he doesn't want to make any press conference. That's his fault. 

 

Oh my God.. 

 

I realised it. 

 

I have no rights. After all. I'm just his accountant holders plus I'm going to marry another man (like he ever existed in my life) Jesus... I feel like I have just cheating on my husband. DAMN DAMN DAMN... APOLO PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

 

-XXX-